“I didn't imagine how beautiful & great was”

Coral Princess Hotel
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Im a Puerto Rico Tourism Company worker. I never believe that a small place had a great taste. Everytime that you see a small boutique hotel you compare it with a bigger one but this one can fight with another hotels and have a great experience. I will come back again and stay. I love the touch of "Couples Retreat" that they got.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Junzpr

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Loved my stay at this quaint boutique hotel. The blooming orchids and tropical flowers all over the property are beautiful. The staff was magnificent. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I traveled solo and felt very safe since at night you have to be buzzed in and there was always someone at the front desk. Will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank purpleorquid
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I don't usually write reviews..my stay in san juan was beyond horrible. Stay in old san juan or in other places such as culebra or rincon.

Stayed here for 6 days july 2013 with my family. 10 min from the airport..taxi is about $19 to $25 to the hotel..most staff were friendly...a few were snobbish or just ddidn't care. No hi/hello.

Breakfast is ok. Hard boiled eggs..croissants..waffles ..ham..yogurt..pastry (hard)..some fruits..cereals..juice/coffee..felt like we were being watched while we take our food. They give you very small plates that they rewash..so tiny only a croissant fit on it. Don't even mind the crappy breakfast..but the staff watching you like you're gonna steal it..really? Theres RAID roach spray behind the island table.

I asked for some new towels one night coming back from old san juan and the front desk guy wouldnt give me any until I brought down the old ones?

Bathroom wasnt so clean..everything in the room was tiles..how hard is it to use clorox?

Went to the washroom in the middle of the night..turned on the light and a big cacroach ran towards me. Dont know what is was..I am not very picky when it comes to hotels as I do plan to stay in it all day. But I would not stay here again.

Pros..Buses to old san juan is about 5 min away for 75 cents..in front of la concha hotel. You will wait 45 min to an hour and a half for it..going there and back. Renting a car is a great idea but this hotel only has 4 parking space. Taxis will cost you a fortune each time. Pay the extra $$ for a hotel with free parking..

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank serendipity0721
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Coral Princess for a couple of nights while on a weekend trip to San Juan. This hotel is very cute. Helpful staff. Clean rooms. Does have a few issues but we'd stay again if/when we travel as a couple. First, parking was not very clear on the hotel website. There are about 4 spots off-street for guests. The public lot guests are permitted to use is about a block away (I was a little concerned as it is not close enough to see or keep a close-eye on your vehicle). We parked here only one night because we were able to get a hotel spot the next day. It costs $13/day to park on the public lot. There is also on-street parking very close nearby but hard to get Second, in-room wifi was very sketcthy. Our router didn't work at all so we had to use another rooms access which wasnt very fast, but it did work. The hot tub, needs to be repaired or replaced; we could not get it to work (the buttons were very worn) so we just went to the pool. No fridge in room, I would've preferred a mini fridge over the wine cooler: although the drinks stocked were very reasonably priced we could not store food in the fridge because the lowest temp was about 45°. The air conditioner leaked in our room (likely had not been reported and I forgot to do so when checking out; it was room 12, in case CPH staff read the reviews). Lastly try to NOT stay in a room facing Magdalena Ave. it gets noisy with cars hocking, sirens, and the late night crowd screaming and yelling loudly as they walk pass. The hotel is absolutely the cutest I've stayed in thus far. Lots of public spaces I.e. the reading room, the patio on the 1st floor, the 3rd floor lounge, the rooftop patio, and the pool, theres a microwave on the first floor and juice station that we used late one night Breakfast was nice...typical continental, very awkward flow though, you really had to wait if it got busy, there just wasnt enough room to move around (the two tables next to bar should maybe be square vs. round and should only seat two vs. three). This place is very budget friendly and likely the cutest in the Condado area. Just a little more attention to details could help make it a 5/5 for me.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roshaykay
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Me and my husband stayed here because we didn't want to pay 100+ at other Condado hotels, and needed a place relatively close to the airport and beach for just one night. It turned out to be just what we needed. Friendly and accommodating staff, clean room, comfy bed. It also had a couple perks like the whirlpool tub in the bathroom and the hot tub in the 3rd floor. Would recommend!

Room Tip: Room 19 has a double size bed which could be small for a couple.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Great location, but I think renting a car to go to nicer beaches might still be a good idea!
Only 4 parking spots at the hotel. Paid parking close by ($14 per day)
Nice jacuzzi on the rooftop! Overall very pretty hotel with nice plants everywhere!
Breakfast was ok,too.
The rooms on the ground level should be avoided, because everyone could look into the room if you don't have your shades closed at all times. BUT it was still ok anyways.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room that's not on the ground level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is the first time we stayed at a boutique hotel, and I'm glad we did! The staff was very helpful and accommodating in so many ways. Even on the last day of our stay, we had a 6pm flight the staff held our luggage in their locked office and offered us to shower/freshen up in the penthouse after a day of last minute sightseeing. The continental breakfast (which was included) was good and had more than enough to satisfy morning cravings. The latte and juice bars (24 hours) were always welcoming at any time of the day. The room was clean and I liked that the floor was marble and not carpet. There is a coin operated washer/dryer on the premises ($2 to wash $2 to dry) I did need to use this amenity and the housekeeper was very nice and left out a large container of laundry detergent for me to use. The location is within a walking block of Ashford Avenue. There is a restaurant called "Cafe Angel" which is located on Ashford Ave. Their mofongo is GREAT and so is the pina colada.. prices are reasonable too. (Try their homemade hot sauce too...soooo good.) A cab ride to Old San Juan is $15 from the hotel, but you can take a bus for 75 cents by walking to Ashford Ave..(bus wait is about 30 minutes) All in all, I would definitely go back to this (owner managed) hotel. Ricardo can be seen most of the time at the front check in desk and is always willing to help with anything you need, or just to have a conversation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family