“Stay here! You won't regret it.”

Coral Princess Hotel
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Norristown, Pennsylvania
“Stay here! You won't regret it.”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the best, great location. Very tropical feel this hotel gives you. The staff is all very friendly and helpful. Definitely a 5 out of 5.
Plus the roof is great, there's a hot tub up there! I will most def be back!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank stephanie b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed there for 5 days over Christmas. The room was clean, very friendly staff. Great location, 2 blocks away from beach, and many restaurants close by. Only thing is if you are sensitive to the noise during sleep is that they have window AC instead of central AC, so it is a bit loud if you require absolutely quietness in order to sleep. Overall a very good hotel to stay.

2 Thank tuesday420
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2014

For the price you can beat this place, if your planing on spending alot of time out and about your going to love this place. They have some nice jacuzzi and the rooms are confertable. Love the relax feeling when you get there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Newy0rkl0ve55
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed with my wife in room 13 for a week over Christmas in 2013. We did a bit of research before coming to Puerto Rico and settled on staying in Condado and we wanted to avoid the large hotels in the area. This place was highly rated and in our budget so we went for it. No regrets!

The hotel is small but well run. You have to be buzzed in to enter, which was a nice feeling of security although the area was pretty safe the whole time we were there. The room we were in was nice enough - shower, a/c, bed - it all worked. A few nits were that our room windows didn't have screens so while I prefer to get circulation by opening windows, the few times I did some bugs got in. Plus, if you open the window you're near the pool, which can sometimes be noisy. Luckily for us, we barely spent any time in the hotel except to sleep so this wasn't a huge deal.

Breakfast was pretty good. Plenty of cereal, fruits, pastries, and more importantly, a juice and coffee machine that you can use at all hours of the day. We definitely made use of this perk!

Parking is hit or miss. There are only 4 spots available and by the late evening, they're definitely full. We didn't get parking our first night - there's a lot down the street where you can park for $13 (the hotel will give you a voucher so overnight here is far less than without the voucher), but we lucked out the other 6 nights and had parking each day. We even did a day trip to Cabo Rojo on the southwest corner of the island and got back late and found the last spot! Victory!

The location of the hotel is off the main Ashford Avenue but I preferred that since it wasn't as noisy or crowded. We were still really close (<10 minutes walking) to all of the great restaurants on the street.

Friendly staff too. I'd stay here again if in Puerto Rico!

Room Tip: Room 13 has a bit of noise since it's near the pool and stairs.
2 Thank ryy85
Princeton
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is my second stay at the Coral Princess with my daughter and two small granddaughters. It is a very attractive boutique hotel with a garden, pool and several areas where you can read or sit with friends to chat. We had a small room, but with access to the balcony with chairs. There is a lovely rooftop space with plants and jacuzzi. Good breakfast included. Management is helpful and friendly. Good location close to beach, stores and bus.

Room Tip: In my opinion rooms with access to the balcony are better.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Alma C
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Our group was headed to other parts of the island, but because of the staggered arrival times we realized that we needed to stay in San Juan overnight. I searched online and found the Coral Princess. The price of the rooms was very reasonable so we decided to stay at the Coral Princess that night.

When the taxi dropped me off, I realized this was a SMALL hotel. When I walked up to the door, I had to be buzzed in. Good, we have security. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. She informed me that three other members of our party had already arrived and she gave me a room next to one of them. After a quick check in she asked a young man to help me with my luggage and take me to my room.

The room was not large, but it was spacious enough for me. There was a small table with two chairs and a small wine refrigerator with wines, beer, and canned soda. Surprise! The beer was only $2.00 and the sodas $1.00. Talk about convenience. The room was clean as was the bathroom. Nothing fancy, but definitely a room I could feel comfortable in.

The hotel has a beautiful patio area with tropical plants and a small pool. Several of us went to the patio area where we chatted over drinks. The hotel does not have a bar, but we found wine and Bacardi at the Walgreen's around the corner. When the rest of the party arrived, it was just a walk down the block to the Buenos Ayres restaurant where we had a wonderful meal.

In the morning, there was continental breakfast served in an area adjoining the patio. The available choices of breakfast items was excellent. No fried eggs, but some delicious pastry and a variety of coffee choices complemented the standard breakfast fare of toast,cereal, and orange juice. Did I say orange juice? There were four different choices of juice, three of which immediately disappeared from my brain at the thought of passion fruit juice, a Puerto Rican favorite.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The guests all seemed relaxed and enjoying the hotel. No casino, restaurant, bar, or other similar amenities that you would find at a luxurious hotel, but the warmth and coziness of the hotel just seemed to create a friendly atmosphere that permeated every interaction with staff, other guests, and other members of my party.

The Coral Princess was well worth the money. It is also a hotel well worth returning to.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank LJ482013
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Quiet boutique hotel in a good location several blocks from the beach and close to a bus stop, restaurant and dry cleaners. Rooms are air conditioned and small but clean with a desk and chair and wardrobe closet. Upstairs is a large non air conditioned living space, bathroom and jacuzzi. Small pool out back. We had a lovely garden view and torrential rain storm that took out the water heater on the second day! Continental breakfast was average. Management was friendly.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor with a nice garden view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Patti E