“Great!! Roomy and Clean!!”

Coral Princess Hotel
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 18 April 2010

The room was great, the ceiling were high!!! Which makes the room feel even roomier. Enough has been said about this hotel it was great, just stayed one night and it really was enough for me to convince me of staying again. I stayed in room #17, all was in great shape the only thing really was that some of the towels and the comforter had stains in them, the tub didn't exactly work as planned it didn't retain the water. The breakfast is simple but you get your moneys worth with it, it can hold you up for a few hours. The parking is limted they just have 4 parkings, but there is a lot just a block away that you talk with the front desk clerk so that they certify your parking ticket as that your staying at the Inn and you just pay $13 for 24 hours which is just great compared with other places around. GO TO BUENOS AIRES!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 April 2010

Loved the personalized service at the Coral Princess Inn. Everyone at the front desk was happy to provide recommendations, suggestions and extra service as needed.
The Inn is in the Condado neighborhood, just blocks away from the beach and a variety of terrific restaurants, including Budatai, Ajili Mojili, Miro's and Yerba Buena. While the building is old, the interior and rooms are updated with comfortable contemporary furnishings and art. There's a charming patio area filled with tropical plants and flowers. There's some noise from the street at night, but you would experience that at any small hotel in the area. We stayed here prior to leaving for a cruise and had planned to stay at a large chain hotel in San Juan after the cruise, but we liked Coral Princess so much we changed our reservation and spent two more days at the Inn.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2010

No water available for showers then no service from staff who could not help - absolutely disgraceful. Three other couples also had the same problems and were treated as liars!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank goldengateAustralia
Reviewed 8 March 2010

I was excited about this small hotel as my dauughter was getting married at the La Concha and this location was close by and less expensive. However, we noticed that the strawberries left for us on our first night were still on the table the next day even after a couple of bites were taken out of them from the night before! Also, our used coffee cups remained in the room after cleaning as well. (Room #25)

We were disappointed upon arrival to find a very large crack in our tub. It was peeling and soft so that you could not take a bath and had to be careful where you stepped. I told the manager about this after the first day, and they sent a maintenance man to repair it in the middle of the next afternoon. This was not fun to walk into as I had wanted to take a nap and couldn't. I had to resort to using my brother's room to shower and get ready for the evening. It was also disturbing to walk up to my room with the windows wide open and no one inside. Evidently they left it that way to help with the smell, but anything could have been taken from the room by a passerby. My computer was sitting out in plain view along with some jewelry.

I asked the manager for some compensation since I could not use my room for 1/2 day, but instead they offered me a free night on my next visit. I wrote back to tell them I had no plans to return to Puerto Rico, but I have heard nothing again from them.

I am in property management and this is something that should have been taken care of before our arrival. $200 a night and not being able to stay in your room for the afternoon is unacceptable in my book. I would not return to the Coral Princess even if I ever did return to PR!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank maydo16
Reviewed 6 March 2010

This Hotel is truly one of the absolute best places to stay. Weather you are staying for business or for pleasure this hotel meets all standards. The Coral Princess is a small private hotel with 3 floors. from it's supurb staff to it's amazing accomidations and artwork throuout the hotel and inside the rooms, this hotel truly left no loophole for me to say one negative thing about them.

I arrived in san Juan on the 18th of February with my best frnd at 10pm. We made reservations to stay at the San Juan Beach Hotel on Ashford Ave. in Condado three months prior to our arrival. Once we reached our hotel destination, to our great suprise, the hotel was oversold and took 2 hours to accomodate us in a room. Once we got into our room, it was an insult to any human's nature. from the rust covered lamp shades to the rusted and moldy ceiling, no towels, blood stained sheets, exposed wires, etc, etc. this place was not up to parr for any guest. We checked out the following morning and had to look for another hotel to stay for our remaining 4 nights. After calling almost every hotel in the area from the least expensive to the most expensive, they were all sold out. Right when we thought, we had hit rock bottom, a very nice cab driver dropped us off in front of the Coral Princess and stated that she heard this was a very nice place and because it was a smaller hotel they might have something available.

We walked in with desperate faces and were greeted by the Hotel Manager Emmie, Emmie was our vacation hero, she had one room left on the executive floor which contains a jacuzzi, amazing executive lobby and out door veranda to mention the least. The only downfall was, that they too were fully booked for that sunday. She had 3 out of the 4 night available, She was extremely helpful, attentive and truly showed concern for our unfortunate situation. We ended up booking the room and hoping for the best to happen on sunday. To our relief, a room became available on that sunday and it all worked out great!.

Overall, My experience at the Coral Princess exceeded my expectations. The price is right, supurb customer service, the hotel is very clean, the rooms are very comfortable, premium quality beds and bedding, Beautifully decorated, conveniently located in the heart of Condado, outdoor pool, complimentary delicious continental breakfast, etc, etc. and the icing on the cake is the extremely attentive, personable, friendly and just plain ol amazing staff. These people have created one of the best team i have ever experienced. I give this hotel 6 out of 5 stars.
I will only stay at the Coral princess for all of my visits to san juan, given that i am there 4-6 times a year.

*YOU MUST STAY HERE*

Please excuse any typos, I am doing this as well as a million other things. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank jsal83
Reviewed 6 March 2010

We had a great stay at the Coral Princess. We booked here because we didn't want to stay in an impersonal mega resort, but we still wanted to be close to the beach. The staff was universally excellent, making us feel comfortable and welcome throughout our stay. Our room was comfortable--small but not tiny. Bathroom was clean but supplies were not restocked during our stay. The pool is not a nice place to relax after the beach. It's wedged awkwardly into a corner of the property, gets no sunlight, and has a tiny patio. The quality of the breakfast was one disappointment, but there was enough food to make do.

The beaches in San Juan (Condado, Ocean Park and Isla Verde) are mediocre, but good enough for our purposes--quick weekend getaway to soak up some sun. Condado Beach is just two blocks away, with chairs for rent. The Condado area was eerily deserted when we visited in February, which should be peak season. Not sure if this is indicative of the economy or if the big resorts outside San Juan are sucking away all the life from the older resorts in town. Or perhaps people stay in their self contained mega resorts and never bother to step outside the walls to explore. That said, we felt very safe walking around the Coral Princess even at night, and there were several excellent restaurants within walking distance, with a diverse range of cuisine. Old San Juan was a short cab ride away. No problem finding cabs with so many big hotels nearby (Marriott and Renaissance each one block away). I don't recommend the bus because it runs so infrequently.

I don't think we'd make another trip to San Juan, but I don't regret the trip. It's a great place to visit on a budget and we had some unforgettable experiences. Kayaking in the luminescent bio bay near Fajardo was one of the coolest experiences of my life.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2010

The staff there are VERY helpful and greet anyone coming in the door with a warm smile making any guest coming in feel, immediately, welcomed. Great location, as it's half a block from great dining and a short 10 minute walk from the beach. The on-sight pool was a delight for a casual dip during the day or night.

Grab a brochure of things to do that's in the lobby and plan your trip out. My friend and I took this route and in a weeks time, walked through Old San Juan, visited "El Yunque", did some shopping at "Mall de la Americas" and kayaked through the luminescent lagoon with the same tourist company. They'll provide transportation to and from the hotel.

The room was clean and cozy and had all the amenities my friend and I needed for the week long trip. About the only negative thing I can say is that if we went out for a morning walk and the room was cleaned, we'd return to find that the floor was still wet from the mopping. Other than that, 2 thumbs up on every other aspect.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple