June 2014. Being in the center of Old San Juan, this hotel is extremely convenient to explore the area. The hotel was clean, great service (Kevin was very helpful!), great A/C, and the general architecture was unique. We would definitely stay here again. There was no need for a car during the days we stayed in Old SJ as everything was within walking distance of the hotel or accessible by the free trolley (that conveniently stops right outside the hotel), which definitely helped save a little money. Taxi from the international airport to the hotel was $19 plus a $2 surcharge for fuel, $1 per bag, and up to 5 people are included in the fare, then it's $2 for each additional person up to a max of 7. If you do have a car the parking is difficult outside the hotel (not their fault and don't let this deter you), but there is a parking lot near pier 2 / right next to the bus station/ at trolley stop #2 that is very reasonable (about 40 cents/hr) and an easy walk to the hotel - or jump on the trolley. Be aware there are several parking lots that are quite pricey and are in the same general area, so read the signs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Plaza De Armas, located in the colonial district of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Hotel Plaza De Armas is for travelers looking to be in the center of Old San Juan. Hotel Plaza de Armas is a delightfully captivating colonial style hotel in the heart of picturesque Old San Juan, a city as rich in history as it is in culture. The colonial building features its unique and renowned antique elevator true to its history. In every direction you can find world-class shopping, dining and entertainment. Our completely unique location highlights spectacular views of the Plaza De Armas and puts you mere cobblestones away from 16th century Spanish fortresses, fascinating museums and art galleries. The modest standard rooms are windowless, excellent for a good night sleep. Suites overlook the city hall and Plaza de Armas. Hotel Plaza De Armas also offers high-speed Internet access in all common areas of the property. Even though everything is at walking distance, we have a trolley stop right outside our door and a taxi line across from the hotel .We look forward to your stay at Hotel Plaza De Armas! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza De Armas
- Howard Johnson San Juan
- Howard Johnson Old San Juan
- San Juan Howard Johnson