“Simply stunning!!!”

Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Simply stunning!!!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Everything was perfect from beginning to end. This stay was a anniversary surprise and it was all I expected. Hotel personnel was great. I swung by the day before check-in because I had purchased a the Cioccolatto Amore package(it was great by the way) and I wanted to set the time at which I wanted it set in the room, which Shirley promptly assisted me and she let me know that she would personally put the package in the room which was great to know. At check-in I was greeted by Raul and another staff member which I cant quite remember her name they were more than willing to help with our bags allthough I insisted on they not to because they were really heavy, but they still did. And as soon as we stepped in the room I was more than pleased to see that I was getting exactly what I saw on your website( Mediterranean suite). Loved the see through shower. We went to the rooftop to the pool area, everything there is beautiful love the decor made me remember the time when I lived in Italy . When we left for dinner (we left beause Oliva was closed on Sunday :( ) I saw Shirley and I knew everything was going according to plan. On our return to the room the face on my girlfriends was of pure amazement she couldnt believe I had arranged something like that. The morning after at check out we were greeted by Raul and told him we were in a Rush but he insisted on us having breakfast (and even gave us a takeout tray), and we were more than happy that he insisted on us having breakfast. We found the dining room so cozy we decided to stay a while and not rush check out so much and enjoy the "continental breakfast"(it is way more than that).
This is definitely a couples hotel. We are definitely going back and are most definitely arranging our next stay for it to be when Oliva is operating. Thank you all for making a truly memorable stay.
PS: Great location, is at the center of everything in Condado

Room Tip: Book sunday through wednesday. You'll have the hotel for yourself!!!
1 Thank MiltonEVega
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Salut MiltonEVega,

Merci for such a great review and for taking of your time to write it.

It's amazing to read that you had such a great anniversary stay with us and that everything went according to plan! You definitely made a great choice with the Cioccolato Amore package, l'amore e' la cosa piu' bella nel mondo, and even better if there's a little cioccolata to sweet it up a bit.

Shirley, Raul and the rest of our staff are always 100% attentive that each request our guests make is take care of, thank you for recognizing their great work!

Thank you once again for choosing O:live Boutique Hotel and we hope to have you stay with us before it's too long.

Josh Ortolazza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Everything was perfect from beginning to end, it was a surprise for me as part of our first anniversary. At first I thought it was a high end apartment complex but then I just got caught in to a magical place. I definitely recommend the place as a perfect couple getaway.

Thank you to all the staff...

1 Thank Wilmarie C
Saludos Wilmarie C,

Muchas Gracias for your amazing review abouty our recent stay at O:live Boutique Hotel.

I'm thrilled to know that you found your anniversary surprise stay to be perfect from beginning to end. O:live really has its magical charm that all of our guest love upon arrival.

I loved the beautiful photo you posted with your review! It's definitely my favorite spot from the Rooftop!

We thank you dearly for choosing us and we hope to see soon enough for another romantic getaway.

Cordiali Saluti,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel is perfection. The decor is detailed beautifully, stylish yet comfortable, the food excellent, the breakfast truly delicious, and the roof deck is a place I did not want to leave. The hotel staff made it even better with genuine warmth and attentiveness. Could not recommend it more.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear ARuthH.

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us!

I'm so glad to see you had the opportunity to enjoy every aspect of O:live. From the unique decor to the amazing tastes our restaurants has to offer.

Our staff really go above and beyond to make sure every guest arrives and leaves with a smile of happiness and satisfaction.

Thank you so much for recommending us and we hope to see you soon for another fantastic stay!

Best wishes,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed there during our vacation. It was my wife's birthday. Carina really made it a special occasion. I particularly appreciate the especially home-like hospitality, which is a pleasant contrast from many of the other corporate hotels in the Condado Beach area. The rooftop is nothing short of breathtaking and the see through shower...well lets hope you too..have a hot wife.

Room Tip: Get the see through shower room if you have a hot wife.
Dear Nick B,

Thank you for taking of your time and writing such a great review about O:live Boutique Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that your wife's birthday vacation was a total success and I'm happy that you made us part of that celebration!

We are really proud of our staff's desire to make every stay memorable and so personal. Why be just a room number in another property, when you can be treated with the importance and uniqueness you deserve with us? I'm glad you choose us and was not disappointed.

I'll have to agree that the glass see-through shower is one of our guests' top favorite amenities. Every husband's dream, right?

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see again so we can take care of you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Very stylish hotel with character and personal touch in every detail. Small hotel which allows staff to know guests personally and attend to small details. Outstanding hotel staff in friendliness, knowledge on the area and suggestions on what to do. Most notable was Josh, who was exceptional on all aspects, from planning, booking our actives, and going the extra mile to make sure our stay was memorable!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mar7aba Diala & Abdallah,

Merci kteer 3ala haydi l review 3an wa2tkon ma3na!

Kteer 7beit e2ra 2innko nbasato kteer w 7abeito w 3ajabko kil shi fi O:live Boutique Hotel.

Ken sharfi s3adkon 3shen tseer 3otltkon a7la mn li fakkerto! Ana hemmi ennko kento mabsoutein w merte7een kil de2a2a b2eitoha m3na. Waslet il post card li ba3tetohali iyyeha. Shukran kteer ma ken 3ndi kalam la 2osef a7sasi 3an hayda el detail :)

Kaman marra, shukran 3ala l review w nshalla nshufkon 2ariban fi Puerto Rico ta n5od belna 3aleikon :)

ma3 a7la ta7iyyet,
Yussef (Josh) Ortolazza
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed at this beautiful unique boutique hotel for a total of 6 nights. Overall our stay was very pleasant, without being the best we’ve ever tried.

Location:
Location is very good in terms of being close to Condado, the beach and the lagoon. Taxi to the old town was in average about 10-15$. Avis is located right next door so renting a car is very convenient.

Room:
We had booked a room with a lagoon view and paid roughly 200$ extra for that, however the room we got, hardly had any view at all. Also the air-con in the room was very noisy due to the main unit actually being in the room instead of outside.
After talking to the staff we were able to move to another room though, so those issues were fixed. The special showers in the room are awesome and definitely add to the uniqueness of the hotel.

Staff:
The service in the hotel is some of the best we have ever experienced. All the staff were super helpful in guiding us to tourist attractions etc. and assisting us in fixing the issues with the first room we got.

Room Tip: Do not book a room with lagoon view and expect to actually have a view. The air-cons are very noisy...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DonRobinson
Dear KatieWheelock,

Thank you for your amazing review about the pleasant time you had while staying with us.

I am delighted that you felt like home from the moment you arrived at O:live. Our team pride themselves on making all of guests feel welcome and perfectly at home from their first step inside the hotel.

It is true we are so lucky with our location. O:live Boutique Hotel is tucked away making it very peaceful but still only moments from the hustle and bustle of the Condado area.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to O:live so that we can take care of everything for you once again.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Loved the service; friendly, hospitable, and intimate. With only a couple rooms, the staff knows you by name and how you like your coffee (which is exceptional and brewed fresh). The location in Condado is ideal; you can walk most everywhere and it's only a short taxi ride to Old San Juan. The icing on the cake is the luxurious shower; definitely built for two :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear KatieWheelock,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that from the moment you arrived at O:live Boutique Hotel you felt looked after and relaxed. Our team pride themselves on ensuring that every guest feels completely at home whilst they are with us and I am thrilled that this has been recognized.

We all look forward to welcoming you both back to your San Juan hotel on your next trip and hope that it will be before too long.