“Love at first sight!!!”

Olive Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I recently visited the Olive and it was love at first sight. My groupof friendsall felt compelled to leave a review. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find over the top service in Puerto Rico. The staff at Olive go above and beyond to make you feel special. Shirley just know that you make a difference in your guest's experience and life by providing such an amazing smile every time we asked for something. At our check in she offered coffee and some delicious chocolates and she informed me of the Friday and Sat complementary sangria and cheese at the roof.

The rooftop was out of this world, we felt like we were transported to another world of peace and quiet overlooking the laggon sipping the amazing cocktails prepared by Pedro.

The restaurant, Oliva, is a must for a romantic dinner. The truffle cheese meatballs are a delish!

I had the chance to meet the owners, who seemed like are always on top ensuring the best for their guests.

I highly recommend!!!!

Room Tip: Mediterranean Suites are lovely!!!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Olive Boutioque Hotel is the one and only boutique hotel in Puerto Rico. The concept is magical and it achieves giving the guests a truly unique experience:

What's great:
1. Great decor- every detail is unique and the ambiance is so relaxing

2. The staff: i felt like royalty! Nowhere in Puerto Rico you find service like this, special thanks to josh and Francheska, they are so willing to go the extra mile

3. Rooftop; great cocktails and a perfect view of the lagoon to relax

4. Food at restaurant: a 5 star cuisine, so well presented and tasty. Two thumbs up for the chef!

5. Location: condado is the area to be, high end shops and the beach is just one street away

I read all reviews before staying and i truly feel that the people that did not lile the hotel are not boutique hotel lovers. One knows that a boutique hotel is intimate, small but in the other hand so personal and full of character.

I would recommend this for couples and people who are open minded. So if you love the sheraton-marriot types of hotel, dont change but if you want to remember the names of the staff and have a memorable experiece then book at olive.

Room Tip: Mediterranean suites are a must! Great showers!!!
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We had a wonderful time at this little boutique hotel in San Juan. It was just a short walk to the beach and the staff there was just so friendly and inviting. We felt more like family there then visitors and everyone that worked there went out of their way to make us feel right at home. The rooms aren't great especially the odd bathroom situation but we weren't staying there to be cooped up in the room all day. The roofdeck is one of the best places in town and we also had a couples massage on the roofdeck and it was awesome. I highly recommend for the service of their staff and the quaint decor.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My debit card was stolen from the hotel room and $400+ of fraudulent charges were made. I filed a police report, but when I informed the hotel, they literally did nothing. As for the hotel itself, it's overpriced and overdone. Rooms have comfortable beds and great showers, but are uncomfortably small, and dark. A slight view out of a corner of one window does not constitute a 'lagoon view' room in my opinion. The rooftop is beautiful, but the pool is a bit dirty and the bartender was rude.

8  Thank Elena B
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Elena,

We truly regret the inconvenience you experienced while in Puerto Rico. Having your debit card stolen is something serious and even more when fraudulent charges were made. We are however disappointed at the fact that you believe that "thieves" work at our hotel. Being the first time that an accusation like this has been made at our hotel, we are truly looking forward to finding out how this incident occurred.

At check-out, you brought this to my attention and I'd like to inform you that I did take the necessary measures. Our security department, general administration and housekeeping supervisor were all notified. The security cameras installed around the hotel were also revised, yet we couldn't find any prove that your debit card was indeed stolen in our property by one of our employees.

You also informed me about certain specific fraudulent transactions which are very easy to track with your bank. I asked you that if you received any information of who could have used your card, you could notify us so we can find out if it involves one of our employees, which I highly doubt. By reading your review stating so surely that "thieves" work at O:live, I assume you have received any information that assures that your debit card was stolen from your room by one of your employees. If this is the case, please give me a call at 787-705-9994 so you can share this information with me and I can take the necessary actions.

If this is not the case, I would like to kindly ask you to consider your review. Here at O:live we work hardly from our hearts to provide all of our guests with a unique and personal experience and wouldn't want to give others a wrong impression based on assumptions.

Hope to hear any updates about this issues as soon as possible.

Josh Ortolazza

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Olive proved to be the perfect venue for our destination wedding. The rooftop was an amazing spot for both the ceremony and reception. The service was excellent, the food was amazing and the views were stunning. It truly is a world-class boutique hotel.

Loisse and her staff were able to work with our tight timeline and they made our wedding more amazing that we thought possible. Every one of our 22 guests raved about the venue. We truly could not have been happier with Olive.

4  Thank Patrick S
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here for a one-day business trip because client had a corporate rate. It was a mistake. Room was small and cramped, poorly lit, and a tomb. Outlets all in the wrong place for a business traveler with electronics. No a/c in public spaces, including "restaurant." Bathroom part of bedroom, no light over sink. Noisy and lovely view of parking garage. Not for business travelers.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank HBMiller
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Olive Boutique hotel is exquisitely designed with meticulously selected materials to create a private but communal atmosphere. The hotel strikes a balance between impressive design elements and a warm and inviting space. The latter is accomplished in part by the friendly and extremely hospitable staff. They all tend to wear multiple hats and function in different capacities (i.e. simultaneously working as barista and receptionist) but they juggle quite well and always with a genuine smile. The rooms are nice- small and quaint- but its not the best feature of the hotel per se. The rooftop is inspirational and the restaurant offers true decadence and delicious fare. Overall, very, very pleasantly surprised by the operation and the love story behind it! Well done!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Diana H
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Diana H,

Thank you so much for your amazing review about your recent stay with us.

I am chuffed to pieces by your comments and I am so happy to learn about the wonderful experience you had with us. We strike to provide or guests with the most sophisticated and private service and ambiance so we are extremely glad we have achieved that goal with you. We are lucky to count with such a multifaceted staff that is ready to assist you in just about any need you might have!

We would like to thank you for taking of you time to write about your personal O:live experience and that it was indeed a great one. It was our pleasure having you and we look forward to having you again before it's too long.

With warmest wishes,
Josh Ortolazza and the O:live Boutique Team.