“My Dream Boutique Hotel”

Olive Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Vancouver, Canada
“My Dream Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The style of the Olive Boutique Hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico is Medieval castle meets European Spa...My dream construction. Wooden and antique-industrial metal doors and walls favouring greige tones, artsy black and white photos courtesy of the owner's personal trips around the world, random historical props positioned tastefully throughout... A dreamy rooftop bar with lagoon views for the socially or romantically graced... Open concept bath areas which are marble-y gorgeous and can be either a hoot or may require negotiations with your co-habitant depending on your current level of openness and nature of needs at the given time, haha!

The only problem...there are not near enough pictures online to truly show off this place and our camera was stolen back home with all the photos :( Have to go back.....

Room Tip: Ask for view if availble, otherwise, don't sweat it, keep the curtains closed and cozy, and go t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Dorothy G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I loved our visit here! The hotel staff were very pleasant, attentive to our needs, and offered great suggestions for activities to do to help us get the best experience during our stay. The overall feel of the hotel was unlike any we'd experienced before, loved the decor and had fun on the roof top. Could go on and on, but bottom line, would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2014
San Pablo, California
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I love to travel and this is one of the nicest hotel we've been. I had just celebrated my bday in Puerto Rico and was glad that we stayed in Olive, not only they gave us the best service, they also made my bday very memorable. On the night after we came back to celebrate my bday, the staff surprised me as we walked in the hotel with a bday cake and sang me a bday song and upon entering our room, they also made a note to greet me. The night didn't end there..we freshened up and ordered food before the night ends and they actually set up a romantic dinner for us on the rooftop. Oh and yeah, the food was delicious! Thanks to all the staff who made our stay there very memorable…I HIGHLY recommend this new boutique hotel, PERFECTION!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very close to the beach. The staff there is friendly. The rooms aren nice but the odd bathroom situation. The roofdeck is so confortable but drinks are expensive. The restaurant is too little. I recommend for the service of their staff and the very good locación at El Condado.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Olive Boutique Hotel made my stay wonderful in PR. Seen prior pictures of the hotel on there website knew where I was going but It over exceeded our expectations the minute you walk in their door as you get transported to somewhere in a lodge or mediterranean chateau.

The room was just perfect for a romantic retreat with that wow shower.(Yes if you have issues with showing your body, that shower will make them all come out!) but if you are just normal and happy with what you got you will love playing in the shower for your husband or partner)

Once we got to the rooftop we never wanted to leave. Thanks to the the great staff service from Pedro which made us great cocktails and by the way he cooks too! So we had an amazing bruschetas Tapas. We love the private feeling of the Rooftop and serenity of the place.

Our Second night we tried the Oliva Restaurant and it was top notch food in PR as we never found a restaurant that will top Oliva's food flavors and service!

Over all Olive Boutique Hotel is a top level hotel in the world!!

Room Tip: Try the sexy showers in the med suites for an unforgettable experience, better than Victoria's s...
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I recently visited the Olive and it was love at first sight. My groupof friendsall felt compelled to leave a review. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find over the top service in Puerto Rico. The staff at Olive go above and beyond to make you feel special. Shirley just know that you make a difference in your guest's experience and life by providing such an amazing smile every time we asked for something. At our check in she offered coffee and some delicious chocolates and she informed me of the Friday and Sat complementary sangria and cheese at the roof.

The rooftop was out of this world, we felt like we were transported to another world of peace and quiet overlooking the laggon sipping the amazing cocktails prepared by Pedro.

The restaurant, Oliva, is a must for a romantic dinner. The truffle cheese meatballs are a delish!

I had the chance to meet the owners, who seemed like are always on top ensuring the best for their guests.

I highly recommend!!!!

Room Tip: Mediterranean Suites are lovely!!!
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Olive Boutioque Hotel is the one and only boutique hotel in Puerto Rico. The concept is magical and it achieves giving the guests a truly unique experience:

What's great:
1. Great decor- every detail is unique and the ambiance is so relaxing

2. The staff: i felt like royalty! Nowhere in Puerto Rico you find service like this, special thanks to josh and Francheska, they are so willing to go the extra mile

3. Rooftop; great cocktails and a perfect view of the lagoon to relax

4. Food at restaurant: a 5 star cuisine, so well presented and tasty. Two thumbs up for the chef!

5. Location: condado is the area to be, high end shops and the beach is just one street away

I read all reviews before staying and i truly feel that the people that did not lile the hotel are not boutique hotel lovers. One knows that a boutique hotel is intimate, small but in the other hand so personal and full of character.

I would recommend this for couples and people who are open minded. So if you love the sheraton-marriot types of hotel, dont change but if you want to remember the names of the staff and have a memorable experiece then book at olive.

Room Tip: Mediterranean suites are a must! Great showers!!!
1 Thank Andrew C