“Worth the wait”

Puerto Rico Magic Tarpon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We Provide Light Tackle Fishing Charters for Tarpon and Snook in San Jose Lagoon. This Lagoon has been named num 14 best place of the world for Tarpon Fishing. We have been on business over 10 years and we are Endorse by the Puerto Rico Tourist Company. We provide you with: Puerto Rico Fishing License, Water and Sodas, all the Tackle and Bait. We guarantee that you will not get seasick and is great for all family members. We are located next to the International Airport and only 10 to 15 minutes from the mayors hotel of the metro area. If you have a large group don't you worry we have 4 boats and we can take up to 15 person.
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I just want to say that from the initial email to payment of services rendered a very honest class act all the way. My friends and I had a fabulous time. The only thing that would have been more perfect is if I would have brought mosquito spray like he told me too. But even that was only for about 30 minutes of the trip. This was not a very easy fish to catch but our captain continued to out smart the fish. I will definitely do it again!!!!!

Visited July 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Puerto Rico Magic Tarpon Fishing charters”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I fished twice with Captain David end of June early July. Great experience. I am an experienced fisherman and learned a lot with Capt. David. We got many Tarpon bites, boated three, and I lost a fifty pounder after a 30 minute fight (my bad). These folks know their fishing and take great care of their guests. I highly recommend them.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Peter L
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st Time to Puerto Rico”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Went out twice with Capt. David during my 10 day stay both times in the afternoon. Hooked on to a total of about a dozen fish and landed 3. 1 mackerel and 2 Tarpon 1 15-20lbs. and the other was bout 35-40lbs. Hooked on to one that may have been about 80lbs but ended up loosing him after an hour long fight. Oh well. Anyways these trips were well worth the money Capt. Armando was great with setting up the trip and Capt. David new where to go to hook on to the fish. I highly recommend this company and trip along with Capt. David as your guide. He was very helpful and a great instructor on the tricks and techniques for catching these fish. I could have easily spent my entire trip Tarpon fishing. Don't miss out on this.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Scott B
Nashville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Graduation trip memory for a lifetime”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My 18 year old son did the research for this trip. Reservations were simple. Once in PR, transportation to the dock was very easy as well. Captain Gustavo was an excellent guide and the Tarpon action was great. 5 caught and 5 almost landed. Our whole family loved the trip. A trip highlight that we will long remember and enjoy!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Breg36
Apex, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Capt Armando was very accommodating with our vacation schedule and made sure we were going to have a great time. He set us up with Capt Carlos, who is extremely knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk to, share stories, and learn from. He put us on the fish, inside the lagoon and outside on the beach. We went 4 for 7 with fish from 15-50Lbs and missed on a few run-offs too. Capt Carlos is an excellent coach, helping my wife boat 2 of 3 fish she hooked. The double header we had off the beach was definitely a highlight, boating both fish too. The last fish of the day was the most spectacular fight for me, wouldn't stop jumping and tail walking as if it were a Marlin.
We fished on a Triton 22ft Bay boat, 1 of 3 boats they use, and used quality medium 3/8-3/4oz spinning tackle and Battle 4000's, for excellent feel for light tackle fishing.
I am already discussing plans with my friends to put Magic Tarpon Charters on their bucket list and look forward to fishing with Capt Armando and Carlos again. Next time - we break out the Fly rods. Roy P, NC

Visited May 2014