“Botanic Gardens”
Review of Jardin Botanico

Jardin Botanico
Ranked #58 of 203 things to do in San Juan
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Located in Rio Piedras in the Puerto Rico University site. Beatuful tropical Gardens for relaxation and have a good time.

4  Thank TVbou

Reviewed 30 May 2013

A beautiful place to relax. The nature is green and wanderful good weather. Is a good place to do with the family

1  Thank gapr_1
Reviewed 25 April 2013

It cost me $25 each way from our hotel to go to this place but I have been to botanical gardens around the world an usually really enjoy them. This one is quite nice but walking around on your own you just don't get the full feel for it. Plus all the signs on things are in Spanish, so if you don't speak or read Spanish (like me) you miss out on a lot. As I was getting ready to have the taxi pick me and my mom up to take us back to our hotel one of the staff and I started talking. I told her it was a lovely place to visit but not work $50 in cab fare. She asked me if I was interested in the personal golf cart tour for 2 hours for $5 per person. I said yes and we were on our way. It made a world of difference in the entire experience. Our guide was just 15 years old but was one of the most knowledgeable and well spoken guides I have ever had! If you go here make sure you pay for the tour, you will leave with a whole different view of the place.

15  Thank newflyer
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I assume this is the Rio Piedras JB and not Caguas. Both are gorgeous but Rio Piedras is the first one and the variety of flowers, trees and plants gives you a better sense of the natural ecosystem and habitat of the island and to some extend the Caribbean. The staff there were very nice and willing to answer questions which made the visit the more interesting.

2  Thank Marrisbel C
Reviewed 12 February 2013

In the past few years this lovely garden has gone downhill. Paths are available to wander in and out of lots of trees, plants, but there is a sense of disuse and allowing overgrowth and disinterest in keeping it up.

1  Thank condadojo