“Really liked this gay bar.”
Review of Circo Bar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Circo Bar
Ranked #14 of 45 Nightlife in San Juan
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was my first trip to Puerto Rico. It was a short one. I wanted to fit in a visit to one good gay bar and was lucky to find it right away.
I arrived around midnight and it was packed. Everyone seemed to be having a really good time. I tried to decipher if more people were speaking in English or Spanish, but couldn't make out what people were saying because it was a lively crowd so maybe someone can clue me in.
It has a very good mixture of ages so I felt comfortable right away, with the help of the reviews at gaycities.com.
It's a two-level bar, and in each area they show music videos. I liked the views of the street from the upper level. There's a pool table on the upper level.
I suggest being aware of your surroundings when going and leaving because the area, down a hill from Avenida Ponce de León, looked sketchy to me. Upon leaving the security immediately asked if I wanted a taxi, which I think is a very considerate.
I stayed a bit less than a mile away at the Courtyard San Juan Miramar on Avenida Ponce de León. It was a good choice.

7  Thank GuyInCLE

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Had a blast. People from all over the world, mostly US and Puerto Rico. Lots of different rooms and bars within one large place. Dancing all over the place. You can find your own fun for a while. It's certainly not posh and the crowd is a mix of all races and socio-economic backgrounds. Quite fun.

2  Thank michael_davidh
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I'm sending this review live and direct I've been here for 10 minuates and feel like I'm at the Blue Oester off Police Acedmy. It weird and crazy in here. I'm out Lol!!

5  Thank Willisdawiz
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The music was not to bad since they had 2 sides with different beats, but it's all about what you like, not much dance space if that's what you want, and try to avoid most of the restrooms no one cleans them fast.