“Not impressed”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #737 of 1,093 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Located at the first level in Plaza Las Americas. Newly opened. Telephone number (787) 765-5000.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The food was ok and so was the service, it was way to loud for my personal taste. They have a pager system to let you know when your table is ready but still will not go back

Reviewed 20 July 2013

When one goes to any Applebee's the expectations are not to be too high. With that attitude you may enjoy the experience better. Tonight we had excellent service by Gabriel. He stayed on top of everything and none in our party had to remind him of anything requested once. Thet can be very annoying in a restaurant that is full to capacity most of the time. My chicken with crispy potatoes and sauteed veggies was very tasty and well cooked. My two companions ordered ribs and they seem to have liked them. We tried the dessert shots and the sizes were adequate. An Aplebee's store at one of the busiest malls in San Juan can be challenging, but with the right attitude it can be enjoyed.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I had never been to Applebee's but the reason for this is because I prefer to NOT eat at chain restaurants. One day I got out of work and my sister told me to go and try their Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich. I went with my boyfriend and we always go out on a budget. They have a good low budget menu but that really doesn't matter. We had to wait almost half an hour to sit down when I saw many tables ready to be seated (I hate waiting). When we got seated the two tables around us were not having a good time. My table to the right received their food WITHOUT THEIR DRINKS. The drinks arrived when they finished eating and when they asked for the bill they waited half an hour more. They told us that they had been seated since 7 PM and their food arrived at 8:30 PM. They left without paying even though they asked for the bill to three different people, even the manager! That really tensed up my night and it was my same waitress. The same problem happened to me, the drinks came late, the food came late. Every time we called our waitress it was like she didn't even hear us. It was a horrible experience. I will never go back unless it's in the U.S. where they are not packed like this one.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Ordered the Sizzling Chicken & Shrimp all the vegetables were burnt (black), the potatoes were horrible.
We also had the Shrimp Parmessan Sirloin - ordered the meat medium WELL and got it medium rare. We chose a Cesar Salad and it arrived after we finished the meal.
All around TERRIBLE food and service. Will not return.

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

I had an awesome time at this Applebees. Me and my family ate here after walking the mall and I am glad we did. We had read some good reviews and wanted to see if they were correct... and they were. Giovanni was an awesome waiter. He gave us some good choices of food and drinks. And the other wait staff were joking with us and keeping the mood fun. I will definitely go eat here again.... and my sisters falling in love with Giovanni was a blast lol ;-)