“Best time ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Las Cabachuelas de Morovis Caves Day Trip from San Juan Including Lunch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The pick up will start at 8 am at the hotels and we will be driving towards the lush Green central central side in the town of Morovis . In this area exists around 60 caves but we will be Exploring 4. Here lived our ancestors the Tainos and the Arcaicos and we can find Petroglyfs in the caves (Indian writings). Once we get there we will hike 15 min to the first cave were i will explain the many formations that exists and flora and fauna in a cave and how did they form. Next we will hike threw the forest to the second cave that we will crawl. Then we will hike up hill up to the next 2 caves that have great views of the Forrest. Once we are done exploring the caves we will hike back to the vehicle. Once in The vehicle we will be going to a local Rest so you can try our Authentic Puerto-Rican food and then Back to the Hotel. What does include: Transportation Tour Guide Helmet Headlamp Knee Pads Gloves Back Pack 2 Bottle Water Lunch What To Bring: Snacks (Optional) Gatorade (Optional) Dry Fit Clothes (Recommended) (No Jeans) (insect Repellent) Tennis shoes that have a grip Hiking Boots (Recommended)- (No Crocs or Slippers) Change of Clothes Imp: Eat a Big Breakfast before (we use a lot of energy)
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Hollywood
“Best time ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I will start my review just saying that I'm from PR but live at FL and I decided that every time I go in vacation to PR I was doing to do tourist like never been there and I call my tourist friend and say.. I want adventure and fun and of course tourism. The best place ever, we have so much fun, is beautiful, is an adverture for everyone in the family, is a place that not everyone knows, and that's make it more interesting. I wish I will know how to download pick and video so everyone can see how beautiful is this place. Where is the adventure. . Well you go in the woods, up,down, past a river, climb mountains.. you need to visit this place if I can given 10 starts I will. Just best vacation ever. Thanks Robert the tourist man.

Chapel Hill, NC
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Spred the word around, Robert is a great guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Looking at caving trips at Puerto Rico, it seemed that many of them involved rapelling which seemed a little too advanced for me. Then I found out about this little company from the Tripadvisor travel forum. What a find. Robert is a guy who knows and loves his caves (he's trained in stuff like cave rescue). You get to visit four of them, all very beautiful (my favorite was Bell Cave) as well as a natural bridge formation. One cave even has helectite formations. Getting to the caves requires hiking up steep hills, sometimes you need to use trees and roots to get yourself up, but nothing very dangerous. There was even a dog (he belongs to the landowner) who followed us to the caves. In addition to the caves, Robert was also an expert at identifying the plants and animals (yes, there are bats in the caves as well as insects and even a couple of toads) in the area. Nice views of the Puerto Rican karstland too. At the end of the tour, he took me to a very good BBQ place for lunch (he can take single travelers on request which is nice). Overall a great option if your looking for a caving tour that's not too extreme, but still adventurous.

Burlington, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The absolute best part of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

My girlfriend and I took a trip to Puerto Rico over March break and stumbled upon "Caveland" on tripadvisor. Are we ever glad we did as it was far and away the best part of our amazing vacation! Roberto was a great guy who was super fun and incredibly knowledgeable. He is oozing with passion for what he does! We were the only people on the tour and the only ones in the area, which made it that much better. The caves were incredible; all vastly different and massive, but equally impressive. The experience of hiking, crawling, and even climbing in these beautiful areas was like nothing my girlfriend or I could have expected. Roberto could tell we were pretty athletic and adventurous, so he actually took us off course to explore a new cave! The combination or Roberto and the experience of caving itself was perfect. An absolute must for anyone looking for an amazing adventure!

1 Thank szarkam
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Experience of my Life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

When I first got to PR I did not expect to go on the adventure of my life! My girlfriends and I decided to make the most of our days in PR by fitting in every physical activity as possible. (Not my idea, I am more of a lay by the beach gal)... Being the least athletic of the group I was very skeptical to do a hike/caving trip, but I'm not a party-pooper so I agreed anyways! I am glad I did because I ended up having the best experience ever! Robert picked up us from our hotel, we made our drive to the caves, which were in the middle of nowhere but beautiful to say the least. We strapped on our helmets and began our hike. Being less athletic than the rest of the crew, Robert looked out for me and made me feel 100% comfortable, really motivating me and made the caving experience so much more do-able. I can't believe I did the hike and saw 4 caves all in one day! It was amazing! Honestly one of the best experiences of my life! Each cave was different and full of history and science. Robert was like a History/Science book, he seriously knows everything, and is full of info, and also the most personable tour guides we had on our trip!

I highly recommend Robert for any of the trips he offers, as well as Cave land tour! The tour included helmets and lights of course, lunch, beautiful views and experience & obviously the best tour guide you can get!!!!

I recommend this for families, couples, groups of friends as well! I'll never forget my trip to PR! Thank you Robert!

1 Thank Shayda2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“A beautiful adventure with Robert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I will never forget my trip to PR with my girls thanks to Robert! This man was not only extremely knowlegable but was fun, handsome, and sweet. He had an amazing sense of humor that made our caving adventure even better. We collectively were amazed at this man's knowledge. Every question we had he'd answer without even a blink of an eye. He would answer each question with a little bit of background and history and then explained/gave you an answer to your question. He made sure we understood everything and wanted us to become knowlegable about not only the caves but history of PR in general. We felt very safe with him and we knew he'd take of us in the event of anything happening. I would most definitely recommend Robert to all my friends and family beacuse he's simply amazing!

Thanks again for our beautiful adventure and memories Robert. This was an unforgettable trip that we are going to talk to our grandchildren about all because of you. :)

Jajajajaja

Everyone, you should choose Robert as your tour guide and I promise you won't be disappointed.