“LOVED IT!”

Ranked #30 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$14 - US$55
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are having a guest MIchelin star winning chef cooking a special tasting menu during the dates of Feb 25th thru the 28th. Call for more information.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

What can I say absolutely the best view! Perfect for a great dinner & also to have a couple of drinks in the bar. A+ on service & needles to say Oscar at the bar is the BEST!

2  Thank EXPRESSWAYPuertoRico
There are newer reviews for Yantar

Reviewed 17 November 2013

After hearing rave reviews from friends and colleagues about Yantar, we decided to give it a shot. Upon arrival, we immediately understood why everyone recommends it. The restaurant is very chic and beautiful, and you can tell they pay attention to EVERY detail. The view is absolutely breathtaking! Fantastic fresh food with carefully picked and paired ingredients. The fish and meat are of top notch quality. Everything we tried was so delicious! And not only did the food live up to its high reputation, but the service was spot on, with very pleasant, knowledgeable and friendly staff. The whole visit from beginning to end exceeded our expectations. We can't wait to go back! If you go to Puerto Rico and there's only one restaurant you can visit, don't look any further. This is absolutely the best.

1  Thank John J
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I dine out once a month with our friends in the Skal International Puerto Rico club. We average experiencing about 10 fine (and often new) restaurants a year and have been doing this for many years. Our expectations are high and we are often pleased but rarely overwhelmed. Yantar overwhelmed us. The setting is beautiful: world class art by one of Puerto Rico's most famous (and most talented) contemporary artists, Carlos Cancio, a view of the Condado Lagoon that is breathtaking, furniture and table dressing among the most tastefully done in San Juan where fine dining restaurants abound. Waitstaff immaculately dressed and perfectly trained. The food? among the best I have ever enjoyed, bar none, anywhere, anytime. I almost never rave, but the food in this restaurant deserves a page in the Guinness record book. My Skalleagues are about the most critical people I know when it comes to food and hospitality--they are all professionals in the industry. Everyone I spoke with raved about as wildly as I did. I am not a food expert, but when something (in this case everything) stands out as exceptionally as this did, I notice. Now I am looking forward to returning and making sure I didn't dream this! If the chef and staff can keep up this level of excellence, Yantar is sure to be a success.

2  Thank Reinaldo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I highly recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a hip place whether for a business dinner, romantic evening or just to socialize with friends. Yantar offers excellent creative cuisine with a Caribbean twist. It offers an extensive wine and champagne selection at moderate prices paired with with an excellent service .

Yantar has the best views in town "hands down" !!

I highly recommend it .

1  Thank Joaquin M
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Went a few weeks back with my girlfriend , it has a gorgeous view of the lake from the bar , the service is great , great place to socialize and have a great time. The food is excellent and would definitely recommend for anybody who's looking for a romantic evening , business dinner or just to socialize with friends.

3  Thank Grey0590