“Be Careful”

Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Black Canyon City, Arizona
“Be Careful”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This place screwed up my reservation and it took months for me to get the credit that they billed my charge card. Ultimately my credit card company sided with me but the inconvenience was ridiculous. I don't know if the convenient location to the airport was worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank g0tya
SanJuanAirportHotel, General Manager at San Juan Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi g0tya,

We apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused. We didn't "screw up" your reservation. Your reservation was done with a declined credit card. No funds were available when you did the reservations. If there's anything we can do to further explain the situation, please let us know.

JF, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
Barbados
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This place has to be one of the nicest Airport Hotels I've ever stayed at. Living thru out the world, I've had the pleasure to visit many Hotels, especially airport ones. This Airport Hotel located in the terminal D, is exactly what you need after a long day of traveling. After reading everyones review, one can only be smart to see the different attitudes or directions people may have. Frankly, i'm glad I stayed. This Hotel is affordable, clean, and the service is outstanding. For the location, price, fast internet, and OUT OF THIS WORLD service, there's no other Hotel I would stay at in Puerto Rico. Being in the Rental car business, I've had my fair share of airport Hotels. This place rocks!! Truly worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SanJuanAirportHotel, General Manager at San Juan Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi InstaRentACar,

Thanks for the wonderful comments regarding our Hotel. We truly try every day, to be the BEST and FRIENDLIEST Hotel around. Friendliness is our number 1 priority. Being located at the Airport, gives us a tremendous advantage to see and meet many people from different places thru out the world. This allows us to implement different ideas to meet everyones expectation. Please come back and stay with us soon.

Jose Franco - Management
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This place maybe convenient to the airport, but it is really bad! It's very old and run down and it smells. My wife gagged when we came into the room, but it was 2 o'clock in the morning and couldn't go anywhere else. Don't worry there are other hotels nearby that are much nicer

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Calycoco
SanJuanAirportHotel, General Manager at San Juan Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
I want to thank you for your recent review of The San Juan Airport Hotel.
I am disappointed to hear that the hotel failed to meet you and your wife's expectations.
We are in the process of remodelling the hotel so please rest assured that we will be addressing those issues to ensure that they do not reoccur.
I do hope that if your travels bring you back our enchanted island, that you give us an opportunity to welcome you back.

Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 2 July 2014

April 28, 2013, My wife and I were arriving at Mid-night and did not want to drive at night. (My age 80). I booked a room for the two of us and as such we could awake late the next day, get on the road at our time to drive across PR to Aguadilla. What a delightful surprise to find the AP Hotel had every thing we needed and more. The employees were great behind the counter as well as the service employees. The food was good!
I can recommend the AP Hotel to anyone in need of a stay in San Juan. And I mean for more than a night. It is close to everything.
Enjoy your stay, Dr William and Ann Morgan (Moved here from OHIO)

Room Tip: Request the floor and bed size. All else is ready to go.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill M
SanJuanAirportHotel, General Manager at San Juan Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear Bill;

I want to thank you for your recent post of The San Juan Airport Hotel!
I am delighted that you selected our hotel to rest prior to your drive across the Island and pleased to hear that you had a good night sleep.
I also want to thank you for highlighting our service and glad that you enjoyed the food at BJ's Bistro.
We hope that you will consider our hotel for future trips and I look forward to personally welcoming you back.

Regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review as I am leaving the hotel. We had a connecting flight and had to stay the night in San Juan. I considered catching a cab and staying in a simple, more cost effective place, however my fiancé suggested we stay at this hotel for the convenience. We paid $145.00 for crap. The room is extremely small and basic. It is what I would expect from a motel. There was no running water the following morning, so we essentially paid all that money and couldn't flush the toilet or take a shower before we caught our flight. I complained at the front desk and they blamed it on low pressure etc etc. The front desk offered to refund ONLY $25.00. We then received a call from the manager removing all blame from the hotel and they took back the credit. I will never stay there again. Who, with a right conscience charge a guest $145.00 that cannot shower or use toilet. They disgust me. I stayed in room 522.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Tabs2ya
I want to thank you for your recent review of The San Juan Airport hotel.
I am disappointed to hear that the hotel failed to meet your expectations and apologize for the mishaps that you experienced.
Please rest assured that I will be addressing them to ensure that they do not reoccur.
I do hope that if your travels bring you back to the enchanted island, that you give us an opportunity to welcome you back.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the San Juan Airport Hotel for one night after arriving at 1:30am. The location is the best, just a quick five minute walk from the baggage claim. The beds were comfortable, though the rooms are nothing special and it is certainly kind of expensive for what you get, but the location is worth it. Perfect for a late arrival or early departure. Breakfast is included, fairly basic and only until 9am.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear kcirtapp:

I want to thank you for your recent review of The San Juan Airport Hotel.
I am delighted to hear that your visit was an enjoyable one. Our hotel's highest mission is the genuine care and comfort for all of our distinguished guests.
I also want to thank you for highlighting the service of some of our staff members and I will make sure to share your review with them and the rest of our team.

Hope to se you soon,

Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Arrived on a late flight and stayed overnight as I was heading to Ponce at daybreak. Clean, good breakfast and excellent service. Would not recommend it for an extended stay as its pretty no frills. Highly recommend it if arriving on a late flight and need a place to spend the night before heading outside the metropolitan area or need to catch an early flight the next day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear fjr00:

Thank you for your review of The San Juan Airport Hotel!
The ladies & gentlemen of our hotel are humbled by your comments on our cleanliness and service.
I look forward to personally welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
#20 of 48 in San Juan
Hyatt House San Juan
Hyatt House San Juan
#9 of 48 in San Juan

Been to San Juan Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!