“Can't wait to return”

The Dreamcatcher
Ranked #2 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I can't say enough about Dreamcatcher and the people that make the experience so special. Thank you all for such a great week. Make sure to have Dario's breakfast(it's awesome every day,) try some yoga, and just freakin relax. We met new people every day, paddled boarded with a pro surfer, and relaxed in the peaceful confines of the hotel and on the beach a block away. Highly recommended to anyone who wants an escape from the tourist hustle and enjoy an authentic Puerto Rican vacation.

Room Tip: Swimming pool is the ocean and fitness center is the beach!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan M

Reviewed 20 April 2014

A blissful space with inspiring atmosphere, a place to chill in a hammock while reading a book. A magical garden and patio with tucked places where to sit conversations and have amazing sunset dinners. Unique beautifully designed bedrooms, some with bathroom in suite or with private open air showers. A warm and friendly staff that welcomes you with open arms as the lovely dogs Pippa & Malda. A relaxed ambiance that has so much to offer too:

Airport shuttle--laundry- paddle tours--historical tours--therapeutical massages--yoga--vegetarian organic breakfast and dinners--fresh juices--homemade kombucha--acoustic live music nights--All this a block away from a perfect Caribbean beach! Surrounded by beautiful villas in the neighborhood with a variety of options for restaurants, bakeries and shops at walk distance. Also easy parking if you rental!

The best guesthouse you could dream in the best location in San Juan!

I've visited PR many times and at every time I've stayed with Sylvia at her Dreamcatcher house that brought on board beautiful beings as Sthepan, Dario and all the crew. Every time I'm admiring the evolution taken of this wonderful project and their philosophy.

The dreamcatcher is a piece of my heart, a place in the paradise dreamt. My other home.

Make your travel an experience and just book it!!

Room Tip: Romatic rooms: Menorca Room - The French Laundry room Private plan: Bombay Apt Solo: Library Room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nuriadepalma
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stephan and staff was very good at answering my questions and created a very nice relaxed atmosphere. I really wanted the Moroccan room and had requested it over 3 months in advance and the response was they they cannot always book a certain room for people, it just depends on their bookings the week of, which didn't make sense to me at all, but I went with it.

We arrived at night and had a little trouble finding it but the staff helped us and stayed on the phone with us until we arrived, that was very appreciated. At first I was very disappointed because we were given the Aimlee room, a new room, but Stephan assured us we would love it, and we totally did! It was in the back of the house, which was great for privacy, altho it was noisy at night as we heard neighboring music every night (not sure if it was from the guesthouse or outside).

The outdoor shower and bathroom were wonderful! It made me feel like I was having a true hippie experience. It was only lit by candles at night, which some may not like because it was pretty dark still, but I loved it.

The shower pressure was horrible. We told the owner Sylvia and to my surprise, when we had come back from dinner, it was already fixed! The pressure still wasn't great, but it was much improved.

We got massages from the male therapist and he came to our room to treat us. That was wonderful, he did such a great job!

We wanted to try the breakfast, but it seemed like a small amount of food for $15. We usually ate for $15 total down the street, and one morning I bought yogurt and granola and fruit for us, and I prepared it in the kitchen.

We were very relaxed and happy when we left. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KitKatBar12
Stephan W, Manager at The Dreamcatcher, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Kat,

we are really happy to hear you enjoyed your honeymoon at our Bed&Breakfast.

As it is important to us that our guests leave the Dreamcatcher a 100% happy and satisfied I wanted to clarify the confusion regarding your room assignment:

We have five different room categories and you booked the category GRAND SUITE. Within this category we have three rooms: the Moroccan, the Amelie and the French Laundry Room. As we rent our rooms by category and not individually we cannot guaranty a certain room. All GRAND SUITES have the same amenities and are only different in its design

When you checked out our breakfast you might have seen only part of it as we serve it in THREE courses and with a drink.

We hope to be welcoming you again!

Stephan

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Dreamcatcher was literally the most anticipated part of my week long journey. My journey began in Florida and in the Keys and then for 48 hours in lovely Puerto Rico to visit family and sight see. Upon arrival my flight was very late but David was extremely accommodating making sure he was up and ready for my arrival, providing close details on how to arrive from the airport. The Dreamcatcher is rustic, unique, and radiates a positive healing vibe throughout the home. They have an amazing patio and kitchen and the sound of the coqui blesses the air throughout the evening. Everyone staying there converged in the kitchen on a daily basis, the space was incredibly inviting and everyone working there went above and beyond, David even helped me locating a rental car for the very best rate.

I highly recommend the Dreamcatcher! I have been to India, Spain, Morocco, Switzerland, London, all through the states and never have I come across a place so majestic, one which you can even take a yoga class!

Shine on Sylvia, David, and Stephan

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RionManita
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Friends of mine had booked rooms at the Dreamcatcher, and since I only had one night in San Juan, I booked a room there to see them. The French Laundry room is possibly the most soothing place I've ever stayed in, with the loveliest little patio with a hammock chair. I hope it never changes, and I hope to return very soon. Thank you, Silvia and Dario, for what was a short, but perfect stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank joutsen
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Totally amazing hotel in a little gated neighborhood alongside an awesome kite surfing and swimming beach in San Juan. Extremely tastefully decorated, with moody rooms and tons of outdoor living space to make you envious. 2 kitchens for you to prep your own stuff but why would you when Dario provides such amazing food. He was kind enough to pack a breakfast for us on request for our super early flight and it was amazing - fruit salad, chia pudding, his amazing breakfast bars and granola bars. Mostly highly recommend.

Room Tip: Look at the pics online - every room has a different mood
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank margemite
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a great time at the Dreamcatcher. It is a special place tucked in a pretty neighborhood a block from the beach. The staff was helpful and friendly, as were the other guests staying there. The gardens and rooms were comfortable and amazingly curated. I have already recommended the Dreamcatcher to friends and family. When I go back to Puerto Rico I will stay with Sylvia and Stephan again!

• Stayed: March 2014