The Dreamcatcher
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Iberia(San Juan)
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoutdoor showerchef jeromegated communityocean parkshared bathroomhand drawn mapdream catchercommunal kitchenpuerto ricoquiet hoursother guestsprivate bathrainforest tourcommon areashonor systemtwo blockstea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed at the Dreamcatcher Guesthouse for 5 nights. The rooms are beautiful, clean, comfortable, and the guesthouse is close to the sights in San Juan and driving distance to the attractions on the rest of the island. Cabs to Old San Juan were $15 and to Condado were $12. You can bike just about anywhere.

We stayed in the Geisha room. We had an attached bathroom which we shared with guests in an adjacent room but we never had a problem with the bathroom being occupied when we wanted to use it. Towels for both the beach and the bathroom were provided.

There were 2 bikes that we rented from the Dreamcatcher Guesthouse for $15/bike/day. You can cycle to Old San Juan, or you can go the opposite way and cycle to Pinones and Loiza, and stop at the beaches on the way.

Breakfast cooked by Dario was delicious, if a bit expensive ($15 for the meal). I recommend trying it at least once. He also has an assortment of baked goods you can purchase to snack on throughout the day.

Tours can be arranged through the Dreamcatcher with tour guide Victor. I highly recommend doing this, and with an adventurous attitude Victor can show you the true Puerto Rico.

Overall, the Dreamcatcher Guesthouse is a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank FattyBomabalatty
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Dreamcatcher for two nights last month and absolutely loved it. It's a truly magical place with so much personality. The moment you step through the gate, you can feel the love with which this place has been built. Sylvia and Stephan were incredibly gracious hosts, and Dario's three-course breakfast was simply amazing. We will definitely visit the Dreamcatcher again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy W
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband & I made our first trip to Puerto Rico a few weeks ago. Our granddaughter is there attending the University for one term. She was the one who INSISTED we stay one night at the Dreamcatcher and am I glad she did! Sylvia has built a business that feels nothing like a business, but feels totally like our home away from home. It's hard to say much more than what other reviewers have said. Once you walk through that gate you immediately go into a mellow, calm, relaxed, spiritual mode and it stays with you the entire time you are there. What a gift Sylvia & her staff have and are sharing with all of us people that get too hyped up with life. It makes us slow down & live in the moment which is what I strive for. Thanks for a beautiful 24 hours!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JeralynDee
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Beautiful rooms, a short walk to the beach, yoga under the stars, breathtaking decor, super friendly staff, delicious food... I wish I lived here. This is the place to stay if you want a taste of the hip artsy metropolitan lifestyle, while still being minutes from the beach, before or after hitting the road to explore the island sights. It's a special spot.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Veraalba
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My boyfriend, son and I traveled to Puerto Rico last week for my brothers destination wedding. Everyone in my family was staying at the Caribe Hilton but this just didnt feel right to me. I searched high and low and after hours and hours of looking on Air B&B and other sites, I finally came across Dreamcatcher Guesthouse. I can tell you that I fell in love with it at first sight! We booked our stay right away for our entire trip at Dreamcatcher. The communication with Stephan before arrival was excellent. He was very friendly, responsive and informative. Once we arrived we were so warmly greeted and showed around by Ivo. My 8 year old son was made a very comfortable bed in our room. We were all blown away by the beauty, cleanliness, decor and attention to detail. Silvia has such an eye for beautiful things... My son went around the property with his camera and took tons of pictures for hours while we settled in! The gorgeous Ocean Beach is 2 blocks away and we spent time there each day. Then to top it all off, Dreamcatcher has an in house chef- Dario, who is an INCREDIBLE chef. Super friendly, super handsome and an insanely good cook. Anyway, to wrap this review up, I highly recommend Dreamcatcher Guesthouse- for a family, friends or lovers. I will definitely be back in Puerto Rico and I wouldnt consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong. But we loved the Russian room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family