“fantastic unique hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Spanish Town
“fantastic unique hotel”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights with some friends - the staff were great and welcoming, the rooms unique - one of a kind outdoor showers and not to miss breakfasts.

As I was staying with friends it was nice have a kithen and lots of places to hang and have a glass of wine or a private dinner.

Another bonus is this uesthouse is steps from the beach and close to other amenities.

would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LiziNR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have never been so relaxed as when we stayed at Dreamcatcher. It's so chill, Sylvia is the best- so sweet. And Dario makes a mean breakfast & kombucha.
5 min to private beach, and the house is gorgeous, totally boho, beautifully decorated with candles everywhere, hammock, plants and interesting decor!!
They arranged thai massages at the house with Laura and a paddle-boarding excursion with Art for us where we paddle-boarded with FOUR manatees! And we took the yoga classes in the evening.
Taxi's to Old San Juan are easy {hold onto the contact info from your airport taxi and they will come get you} run around $18, and super fast.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Lara W
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed at the Dreamcatcher Guesthouse for 5 nights. The rooms are beautiful, clean, comfortable, and the guesthouse is close to the sights in San Juan and driving distance to the attractions on the rest of the island. Cabs to Old San Juan were $15 and to Condado were $12. You can bike just about anywhere.

We stayed in the Geisha room. We had an attached bathroom which we shared with guests in an adjacent room but we never had a problem with the bathroom being occupied when we wanted to use it. Towels for both the beach and the bathroom were provided.

There were 2 bikes that we rented from the Dreamcatcher Guesthouse for $15/bike/day. You can cycle to Old San Juan, or you can go the opposite way and cycle to Pinones and Loiza, and stop at the beaches on the way.

Breakfast cooked by Dario was delicious, if a bit expensive ($15 for the meal). I recommend trying it at least once. He also has an assortment of baked goods you can purchase to snack on throughout the day.

Tours can be arranged through the Dreamcatcher with tour guide Victor. I highly recommend doing this, and with an adventurous attitude Victor can show you the true Puerto Rico.

Overall, the Dreamcatcher Guesthouse is a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank FattyBomabalatty
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Dreamcatcher for two nights last month and absolutely loved it. It's a truly magical place with so much personality. The moment you step through the gate, you can feel the love with which this place has been built. Sylvia and Stephan were incredibly gracious hosts, and Dario's three-course breakfast was simply amazing. We will definitely visit the Dreamcatcher again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy W
Mosier, Oregon
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband & I made our first trip to Puerto Rico a few weeks ago. Our granddaughter is there attending the University for one term. She was the one who INSISTED we stay one night at the Dreamcatcher and am I glad she did! Sylvia has built a business that feels nothing like a business, but feels totally like our home away from home. It's hard to say much more than what other reviewers have said. Once you walk through that gate you immediately go into a mellow, calm, relaxed, spiritual mode and it stays with you the entire time you are there. What a gift Sylvia & her staff have and are sharing with all of us people that get too hyped up with life. It makes us slow down & live in the moment which is what I strive for. Thanks for a beautiful 24 hours!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank JeralynDee
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Beautiful rooms, a short walk to the beach, yoga under the stars, breathtaking decor, super friendly staff, delicious food... I wish I lived here. This is the place to stay if you want a taste of the hip artsy metropolitan lifestyle, while still being minutes from the beach, before or after hitting the road to explore the island sights. It's a special spot.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Veraalba
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My boyfriend, son and I traveled to Puerto Rico last week for my brothers destination wedding. Everyone in my family was staying at the Caribe Hilton but this just didnt feel right to me. I searched high and low and after hours and hours of looking on Air B&B and other sites, I finally came across Dreamcatcher Guesthouse. I can tell you that I fell in love with it at first sight! We booked our stay right away for our entire trip at Dreamcatcher. The communication with Stephan before arrival was excellent. He was very friendly, responsive and informative. Once we arrived we were so warmly greeted and showed around by Ivo. My 8 year old son was made a very comfortable bed in our room. We were all blown away by the beauty, cleanliness, decor and attention to detail. Silvia has such an eye for beautiful things... My son went around the property with his camera and took tons of pictures for hours while we settled in! The gorgeous Ocean Beach is 2 blocks away and we spent time there each day. Then to top it all off, Dreamcatcher has an in house chef- Dario, who is an INCREDIBLE chef. Super friendly, super handsome and an insanely good cook. Anyway, to wrap this review up, I highly recommend Dreamcatcher Guesthouse- for a family, friends or lovers. I will definitely be back in Puerto Rico and I wouldnt consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong. But we loved the Russian room!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Olive Boutique Hotel
#4 of 47 in San Juan
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino

Been to The Dreamcatcher? Share your experiences!