“Book it and rest!”

The Dreamcatcher
Ranked #2 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am from Puerto Rico, but I live in Illinois and every now and then I come visit my family. This was such an occasion. I had a last minute family emergency and needed to find an affordable but good place to stay, and whoa was a lucky to find this GEM in Ocean Park! Not only the booking price was affordable and lower than most lodging around the area, but from the moment I arrived and met Stephan (Malda, and Pippa) I knew my short stay would be the BEST I've ever had in the island (and I've been around the island quite a bit, being a local)

The Dreamcatcher is cozy, CLEAN, well planned and thought out. It's less than 4 blocks away from the beach and from local restaurants and such. The breakfast service was AWESOME (3-course service), homemade and so yummy! (thanks Dario!) My room was spotless and super comfy, with such an individual personality and GREAT energy. Stephan is a great guy and he took care of every need I had and answer every question I came up with. He really made me feel like a GUEST, and not just another paying client.

I am happy to recommend this place to ANYONE looking to enjoy a restful, good-vibe-stay. I am definitely bookmarking this place for next time!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank R-Sepulveda-R

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We wish we had planned to stay at Dreamcatcher the whole time we were in PR. After starting our vacation in a charmless penthouse, we were especially thankful to arrive this magical place. My boyfriend and I stayed in the Japanese suite. I could not stop photographing everything! The decorations are not overdone, and you can tell that every object in the room was chosen with care. The same care has been taken throughout the whole house. All of the guests and staff were super warm and welcoming. The area was great too. If I ever buy property in San Juan, I think the ocean park area is exactly where I would want to be. It is gated at night so it feels safe. The beach is very clean and there were hardly any people there when we went on a Friday. There are several delightful restaurants nearby. I especially enjoyed wandering around the neighborhood and gaping at the gorgeous and widely varied homes. I hope to return to Dreamcatcher again and again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Dreamcatcher is a breath of fresh air! It's close to the beach, food, and bars. The actual house is decorated so thoughtfully and beautifully. Our room, The Country Room, had a hammock in it. Each room also has their own spaces in the kitchen and bathrooms. Dreamcatcher offers activities like paddle boarding and yoga, and is run by a fantastic staff. I would recommend Dreamcatcher to anyone looking for a unique experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AllyWyck
Reviewed 16 June 2014

i could not believe how amazing this place was when i walked in. the faint smell of incense (not overbearing), the beautiful little alters and shrines around the place, amazing gardens of herbs, lime tree, medicinal plants, flowers, subtle statues and design details pop up everywhere. The attention to detail in the rooms, hallways and common areas made me feel like i was in an architectural digest magazine location!
i have been in the hospitality industry for 20 years, cooked for presidents, movie stars, sports stars etc and was very impressed with the dreamcatcher. the staff was very sweet, relaxed, helpful and inspiring. the owner Silvia is a very talented operator, it is quite amazing what she has accomplished in such a short time. The chef who makes food there, i think his name is Dario or Surfrito, is awesome, what a cool dude! his food is fantastic, some of the best meals i had in puerto rico. pretty much the perfect place to eat brunch on the weekend. he also makes amazing sweets and pastries. try the homemade kombucha!
i definitely recommend the dreamcatcher as the best guest house in puerto rico (that i have been to)! a block from the beach!! in a quiet, safe gated community. ill be back as soon as i can! thanks allot!!
kris

Room Tip: all the rooms are different, i stayed in the asian room and the russian room. WoW!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank krisczar
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Due to business travel, I had stayed at the Charming: Dreamcatcher Guest House
what a great time! Lovely gardens with Mother Nature in Mind all over the Guest House!
I stayed with my husband, during the weekend we enjoyed so much. It's cozy and the service staff is very friendly and helpful, offering so many suggestions.
Sylvia & Stephan know how to create an ambience! Great place to meet people!
Best hosts ever!
Highly recommended for those looking for a good and safe place to lodge.
We loved it and will be back again! Thanks & Blessings!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Siri8
Reviewed 11 June 2014

If you enjoy staying in hostels, B&B, and Guest Houses that are off the beaten path, you will enjoy staying at the Dreamcatcher Guest House. The property is located in a gated community that is a minute's walk to the beach. There are plenty of food options in the area so that you can stay in the neighborhood and explore things close to you. The guest house is very hip, but relaxed at the same time. The decorations and the mood of the house have been thoughtfully created and placed. Candles line walkways, sweet dogs greets you, and funky furniture welcomes you in the common areas. I would caution tall guests about staying here. My husband is 6'3", and he had a lot of problems with the small, compact spaces, even though we made a point to stay in the larger rooms knowing that we would want extra space, but he still got banged up. Overall, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I lead a very nomadic life, so I am very fortunate to be able to experience many different places, people and guest houses.

Everytime I am back in Puerto Rico I stay at the Dream Catcher. Not just because it is beautiful, relaxing, inspirational and steps from the beach; mostly because I always meet the most gracious people. A definite reflection of the host, Sylvia.

I've never had a problem with my room, communication or cleanliness.
There has always been free meals, shakes, and fresh-herbed teas offered to me.

Great place for singles, couples and groups.

Room Tip: You have to experience every room! They are all a separate world in themselves. I'm glad Sylvia...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends