“Nice stay”

Ranked #13 of 29 San Juan B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Although is not in the center of San Juan we could manage to get around without problems. We had a kitchenette which was nice and felt more at home. The owner is a really nice person and gives you all the information you need to get around.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
St. Thomas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed for two night in July 2014. It is a clean, comfortable establishment in a quiet neighborhood. It is walking distance to a popular bar, nice deli and very nice beach. Away from touristy area. Can't come up with 200 letters,,lol mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Tim R
NJ
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights just after Christmas 2013. The room was wonderful, was clean and comfortable. They offered amenities such as a jacuzzi, beach items, and even an outside shower, but we did not take advantage of them. The location was great, with just a short walk to the beach and nearby restaurants. The owners were very helpful at check-in, staying here was a great experience for our first visit to Puerto Rico. Staying in this neighborhood gave us much more of a "local" feel that we would not get from choosing a large hotel. The guesthouse provided some parking spaces in the front, which we were grateful for since we had a rental car.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mlma
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here in July of 2013, and will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Puerto Rico! Emeo and Esteban are the best hosts a person could ask for. They made me feel welcome and right at home. Excellent restaurant recommendations too! They directed me to some really great places with fantastic food, and were also very helpful with other information such as car and bicycle rentals, directions and calling taxis for me. They are both very knowledgable about Puerto Rico and really seem to enjoy sharing that knowledge.

The guesthouse itself is clean and lovely, very tropical feel. I enjoyed relaxing in the jacuzzi after my long days at the beach. My room was great, clean and comfortable. They maintain the place really well. I'm a light sleeper, and I was never bothered by noise from other guests or nearby buildings. I really enjoyed the neighborhood. If you're looking for a nice, low-key local neighborhood to just relax and be away from the crazy party scene, this is it! It felt really safe, I'm female, I was traveling alone and I walked around everywhere feeling comfortable, even after the sun went down. The guesthouse is just a few minutes walk away from a beautiful beach, and there are lots of wonderful food options within walking distance too. Don't miss Kasalta! Old San Juan and other neighborhoods are easily accessible by car, taxi or bus. Fair warning, the bus requires patience and lots of time to spare, as there is no schedule whatsoever, and the wait can be endless at times. A taxi doesn't cost much and is worth it for the time you save.

Staying at the Andalucia really gave my trip a lot of local flavor and I loved it! I would highly recommend Andalucia Guest House to any traveler looking for a clean, peaceful and comfortable place to stay at a fair price in San Juan!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Amy M
Redding, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a great time during our two-night stay at Andalucia. Host Emeo was very friendly and accomodating, and stayed in great touch by email when we had questions. The guest house is just a few blocks from the beach in the heart of Ocean Park, which is a fun up-and-coming neighborhood away from the big touristy resorts. Emeo provided us with laminated maps highlighting all the great places to eat in the neighborhood, as well as an insiders map of Old San Juan, which helped us find some wonderful places we would not have otherwise. We felt very safe walking in this neighborhood after dark, and even stumbled upon a darling park beach with locals doing night-beach-yoga. The delicious bakery, Kasalta, is right across the street, where we had an amazing breakfast and met some friendly locals. Andalucia is also within walking distance of a Walgreens and large Whole-Foods-like grocery store which made it easy to stock up on light groceries (room also had a fridge!) and sangria. Andalucia also has a lovely roof deck and beautiful grounds, perfect for lounging. The owners have obviously put a lot of care into it. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MeganAnneC
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights and couldn't have been happier. Room was comfortable and clean, parking was easy, and the staff were wonderful and warm. Great stay, highly recommended for families. Thanks Emeo and Javier

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank megstuff
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I'm giving this place a full 5 stars.

Service was impeccable: Always willing to help, calling taxis for us, recommending AMAZING local restaurants & things to do that's happening in the city.

Room was small but perfect for what we needed. Very comfortable as well. It wasn't too hot or too humid. TV was old school black box haha but they had HBO & all that good stuff. Room service was offered every day. There's an amazing sun deck, met a lot of other foreigners. Small jacuzzi on the first floor with a fridge filled with lots of snacks, goodies, drinks (water, juices, soda and Medella) all for a $1 based off the honor system.

Never got to meet the owners in person but Andres & Javier were very helpful and such a pleasure. I enjoyed seeing their faces everyday. (:

I definitely recommend to everyone to stay here! it's an awesome spot, super super close to the beach and super close to great restaurants within walking distance. Not far from Isle Verde, even closer to Condado, and short ride to Old San Juan.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple