“Your home away from home”
Review of Casa Santurce

and 1 more site!
Casa Santurce
Regina, Canada
“Your home away from home”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the most incredible hostel I have been to. It's located super close to everything, most importantly- the beach! The hostel has everything you need, but what really sets this place apart are the people here. The manager Cory has made this place what it is. He's super knowledgeable because he is from PR and he goes out of his way to make your stay enjoyable. The rest of the staff: Doug, Lesley, Julian and Nick are some of the most fun and kind people you will ever meet. They love to show guests around and are all there for the same reason as you- to experience Puerto Rico!

The staff will make sure you feel at home here and I will always consider Island Time my home away from home.
-Sending my love from Saskatchewan :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MKuntz15

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The staff here is very friendly and it was cool having them take us to all the best clubs in the area the night we got there, but the hostel itself is not worth saving that little bit of money as opposed to a hotel. The room was small and the bathroom was even smaller (I had to sit sideways on the toilet and I'm only about 5'11") with no hot water. On the bright side, not having hot water wasn't really a concern after sweating through the night with no a/c and only a half decent small fan to put by my face. I got maybe 8 hours of sleep total the first 2 nights and my 2 friends and I moved to a hotel for the last 2 days/1 night. Also, the location is honestly a little sketchy...I literally saw at least 2 prostitutes on corners and there was a little strip club just a few blocks away.

Room Tip: If you want a nicer area to stay in, just look across the little lagoon . It's like night and da...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Derrick V
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great to be here, inexpensive, good staff. If you like the local pub crawls and nightlife tours Savy is your woman. Bringing the night into the morning. Beds are clean. Though the hostel is on the older side and needs some work. It was what I expected for the low day rate

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank 2wolves
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was the first time for me I was traveling alone. I had read good reviews about Island Time Hostel. I decided to booked all the the time of my trip in Puerto Rico. I found at this hostel a real family.

The hostel is located close to Condado Beach which is AWESOME. The hostel is clean and the people are VERY friendly. They all know Puerto Rico and organize fun activities! I met some AMAZING people there.

Cory greeted me warmly when I arrived at Island Time. He showed me my room and made sure that everything was ok for me. (I was a little disoriented and stressed!) Thank you so much for everything you've done for me Cory, I am very grateful .

During my stay , I got a huge sunburn, and Steve, an host at the Island Time Hostel accompanied me to bought some medication. Thank you for your help, Steve.

Doug, thank you for your listening. Thank you for your expertise! Thank you for your advice and thank you SO MUCH for always having a positive attitude. You're great.

Sabby, thank you for your energy. Thank you for making me know « the real San Juan ». You're EXTRAORDINARY !

Pedro, thank you for realizing this hostel project ! Your vision and the way you manage the hostel make you a brilliant man !

I go back to the hostel at any time and I would suggest to anyone to choose Island Time Hostel ! Enjoy your trip to Puerto Rico !

Florence, Quebec, Canada

Room Tip: The third floor has an AMAZING view on the Condado Lagoon ! ;)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank FloCF
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had the best time ever. I traveled by myself and felt so comfortable and safe thanks to Cory for showing me and the other guests around and taking time to give me directions to the places I wanted to see. Made my vacation the best. I felt safe and got to see everything I wanted. I will tell all my friends and will def visit again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Becki19344
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Island Time is an amazing hostel. The staff are super friendly, informative, and awesome. They made our stay truly wonderful. The stairs are steep but other than that this hostel is ideally located, only a 10 min walk to the beach, and only a 2 min walk to the bus stop! We are definitely coming back again to this hostel!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kelsey B
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed here an other places in San Juan. This is a very clean, very friendly place, everyone
here helps the guest with anything. The manager is Cory and he treats everyone great. His direction are great and he knows where all the fun stuff is.

The location is across the street from Marshalls in case you need anything.

Room Tip: OK get the bus at the end of this short street T5 or any bus going for bout .75 (cents-yup) Then a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo