S.J. Suites
Sheraton.com
US$360
US$311
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Breakfast included
US$363
US$265
Orbitz.com
US$419
US$354
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$170
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
US$303
  • Pool
All reviewssj suitesold san juanlocked doorplace to stayan extra blanketcruise shippuerto ricoovernight stayfortaleza streetbed was comfortablewithin walking distancestreet noisepierssheratonpr
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at S.J. Suites for one night before our honeymoon cruise and we had a great stay. The manager was extremely friendly and helpful by explaining to us where the best places to eat were located as well as the highlights of Old San Juan. We followed all of his advice and we were very pleased with the food and the entire experience. This hotel is located in the neatest area of Old San Juan and it puts everything within walking distance. The manager locked up our luggage for us while we walked around town and even let us keep our luggage there again when we came back from the cruise and had some free time, even though we had only stayed the one night! If we ever go back to Puerto Rico, we will be staying here again. In fact, our experience at this hotel is what makes us want to go back to Puerto Rico again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

So I flew in to San Juan and didn't know where to stay so I looked for the cheapest hotel I could find close to old San Juan. Just reserved this one short notice. The staff is nice, check in was quick. they have real door keys instead of key cards. internet works and its free. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I mean the tv is kinda small, not many channels but enough for me, there's no pool or gym or anything. Its not luxury but it is safe, quiet, clean, comfortable, close to everything. Overall I was pretty happy with my stay and would recommend this hotel to people wanting to save money and get a good night's rest.

Room Tip: Suites are bigger and have a couch I think. I stayed in a regular room by myself and it was ok. might be cheaper I never asked.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MrRiggyb
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Booked this hotel because of proximity to cruise ship docks and we were glad we did. What it lacks in views and offerings,it certainly makes up for in cleanliness, efficiency, friendliness and location. All of Old San Juan sites are within easy walking distances, and the front desk was more than eager to show the attractions on a map, and offer great advice. Great restaurants are also nearby.
If you are taking a cruise ship, don't bother with a taxi, the ship dock is only a few blocks away.
A great find this SJ Suites was!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kingmoham
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I was to board a cruise ship on Saturday, and thought it would be nice to spend a couple of days in Puerto Rico as I had not been there before. I booked the S. J. Suites Hotel on the internet, and was intrigued with what I found. The entrance to the hotel is right off Fortaleza St. and an elevator takes you up to Reception on the second floor. Everything is neat and compact, and very secure. My room was immaculate and the bath had plenty of hot water. Located in the heart of old San Juan all the tourist attractions were within easy reach. Free bus and tour train service passed in front of the hotel. Restaurants and souvenir shops right at hand. Slept well both nights with nary a sound from outside. Yes, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ron T
Reviewed 26 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the S.J. Suites in Old San Juan prior to our cruise to the Southern Caribbean. Since the cruise was port intensive, we wanted to experience Old San Juan rather than the beach area of Puerto Rico. This hotel was perfect!! It was not fancy but it was clean and provided a nice haven to visit the sights of old San Juan. The staff was exceptional and provided us with knowledge of local restaurants and watering holes which were excellent. The dinner at the Mojito and breakfast at the Mandolin were enjoyable. Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

Dave Woods, Nashville, Indiana