We booked this hotel 2 nights before we left on a cruise in order to be in the heart of Old San Juan. First the positives : 1) the location is great, when walking around old San Juan the hotel is not too far from anywhere we wanted to go.
2) the staff was very helpful, informative and friendly
3) the room was clean, shower was good
4) on our checkout day, they stored our bags for us until it was time to board the ship (even though the terminal wasn't too far , we found it more convenient to take a taxi to the terminal than to walk the cobbled streets hauling luggage)
The negatives: 1) the elevator was out of order. we were on the third floor, reception was on the second floor. Staff did carry our bags for us. after a full day of touring by foot, climbing so many stairs got tedious.
2) there were no windows. I have never been in a hotel room without windows. It gets a little closed in. however we were out and about most of the time , so no matter, just weird. There was a hair dryer but no phone, or clock.
3) the walls are very thin, and our neighboring guests were loud . I believe they thought they were the only people that mattered in the world.
4) about the air conditioning, it was cold, we like it that way. In a room with no windows cool air is better than no air. The first night some people complained and they turned the air down ( there are no room controls , it is all central air and controlled by only one thermostat at the reception).The result was that we were sweltering that night. I complained and the next night, it was nice and cold to sleep.
We are fairly easy going travelers and were happy with this hotel's location more than anything. This is a budget hotel not a five star and it was adequate for what we wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Old San Juan. Enjoy the rich history of Old San Juan. Old San Juan has an abundance of museums, stores, excellent restaurants, open air café, tree shaded plazas, majestic homes and buildings the let you appreciate its old beauty and architectonic peculiarity.Whether for a day or a week, by staying in S.J. Suites Hotel you are assuring that you’ll have a stay full of interesting things to do in Old San Juan, declared as World Heritage Site by UNESCO in (1983). Explore & enjoy the amazing array of points of interest in Old San Juan and then come and rest in one of our comfortable rooms.We're also conveniently located close to the Cruise Piers. There are over 40 points of interest steps away from S.J. Suites Hotel… so get ready to explore! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your S.J. Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- s.j. Hotel San Juan