“Highlight of my trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acampa Nature Adventure Tours

Acampa Nature Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Acampa specializes in true ecological nature adventures. We offer different services for all levels. Our friendly staff is well educated with vast knowledge about Puerto Rico. Our tours and adventures are done in small groups for a more personal experience. Please visit our website for a full description of our adventures and prices.
La Marque, Texas, United States
“Highlight of my trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

The staff there at Acampa is unmatched! My friend and I went on the Toro Negro full day adventure and it was amazing!! The guides Raymond and Reynard are very knowledgeable and safety conscientious. I learned a lot about the rain forest as well as the Puerto Rican culture. I will be bragging to all my friends about this trip. Next time I come to Puerto Rico, this will be on my list of things to do again!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The 'Ray's of Acampa will Rock your Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Raymon and Raynard we all that we could have hoped for and more. My wife and I did the full day Toro Negro Adventure and from start to finish were extremely impressed. They picked us up at our hotel in a very nice, easily identifiable van and were professional, courteous, AND likeable! They gave us an awesome orientation on the trip out to the Rainforest, pointing out all the cool views and spots to take pictures along the way. I won't waste review space telling you how awesome the adventure itself was - read the description on their website, it's all quite accurate and does NOT exaggerate. But I will tell you that the guides KNOW THEIR [--] !!! My wife and I asked a MILLION questions and they very insightfully answered every single one - no-matter how scientific or specific. They tailored our day to exactly what interested us, even taking just my wife and I on a separate tour at the end of the day through an area where they were getting their rainforest agriculture enterprise up and running. As other reviewers remarked, the home-made meal was actually one of the best (if not THE best) we had while we were in PR. We can't really say enough about how excellent our experience was.

Southington, Connecticut
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had a great time! Debbie was very knowledgeable about the plants, animals, insects, and the history of the El Yunque rain forest, and the areas we drove through on the way there. I was not disappointed. we had a very personal guide in contrast to some of the other group\s we saw coming through the trail. Some groups were as large as twenty people, and there was no way they were getting the attention that we were getting. All of my questions were answered, and I would suggest that anyone looking to learn while experiencing the rainforest, should use Acampa to take them through. Lunch was also excellent. It was provided for us at a very authentic restaurant that was frequented by locals. Everything about it rocked! Big thumbs up!!!
Frank K from Connecticut

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Informative and Fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We did the half day hike with Acampa in the Yunque rainforest. First I have to say the company bent over backwards, accommodating us for a group less than the required minimum of 6 people. After expressing our interest in the hike and offering to pay extra they said they would not take extra money but they would do the hike anyways. This impressed me from the very beginning. We got picked up by the van and the driver was very good. He slowed down over the bumps and was very considerate. Our tour guide Debbie was very knowledgeable and shared many secrets of the Yunque rainforest. We saw many more groups along the Big Tree trailhead that were 15+ people and we knew right away that we got our money's worth. There was no way everyone on the other tours got the experience we did with a small group of four.
The lunch at the end was very good and we had a chance to taste local cuisine.
I would highly recommend booking a hike with Acampa. You can tell they love what they do!

The Woodlands, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seize The Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

This experience was more than I expected. I live an active lifestyle, so when I searched the site and saw rock climbing, zip lining, hiking I was sold for the cost. The actual day it was so much more. Halfway through I felt as if I had my moneys worth. It was educational; the fruits, the trees, the homemade meal, yumm yuca :), the views, the drive up to the rainforest gives you an insight on how the locals live in the area, Wopaaa. Another impressive feature is their safety practice, everything was well done with your safety and capabilities in mind. Two less active friends joined me and they managed well and both Ray's were so supportive. My 34th wont be forgotten, Kudos to Raymond and Raynard for making my special day all that much more!

Tips: bring water shoes not tennies, eat a good breakfast lunch isnt till 2 on the full day excursion, prepare for a adventurous drive up to the mountain, if you get car sick easily you might want to prepare for it, if that's possible :)