“Very good experience”

Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar for five days and had a very good experience. I travel often to San Juan and have stayed there before but it has improved in terms of the lobby looks, internet service, and checking in and out. I used their valet parking services ($15 per night) and it worked well, although sometimes the wait for my car was a bit long. My main complaint is that the hotel posts incidental charges to your credit card upon arrival and it takes many days to erase those charges from the posting to your bank account. It is nothing major, but it is a nuisance. The room was clean with a king bed. No fridge. I was not in San Juan for the beaches, instead I was happy that the hotel has taxis outside the door, buses along the street, stores, restaurants, bank, post office, etc. across the street. Great location for my purposes.

Room Tip: Ask if they can give you a room with a view of the lagoon.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alma C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

At first arrival the lobby looks very nice. Great first impression. The front desk however, needs some training. Its nice to know, where the pool, gym and laundry are, in case I need it. The hotel only has 1 elevator, which can cause long wait times. I know they can't build 1 now but have to mention it. "For info purposes I reserved a double bed room." Upon entering the room, it was very clean, included a small fridge and a safe. The room isn't that big but My wife, 2 kids and I fit comfortably. The pool is average sized but clean.Its located outside, was a little cold but bearable. Kids didnt mind the temperature of the water, they just jumped right in. I am one who likes to keep fit during vacations so, I utilize the hotel gym. The gym is located in the basement and its fairly small but works. They have dumbbells for weight training, which is fine. "They are missing a 25lb. dumbell." "If found please return". It looks likes they upgraded the excersize bike and glider recently. They forgot 1 thing....the treadmill. Its really old and faulty. Upon use, It inclines and declines by itself randomly. When I wanted to reduce speed the decrease button didn't work. I had to stop/pause it just to do that. Really dangerous. "Please upgrade this if your reading Marriot." The taxis are right outside hotel. I've read some complaints about the taxis being too expensive but they are pretty much the same price everwhere, between 13-15 dollars to go to Old San Juan. I dont think Marriot can do anything about that. Valet parking is 15$ a day in case you decide to park your rental. Overall, I had a good stay, the hotel staff was helpful and room was cleaned everyday, with fresh towels. The pool was tidy with clean pool towels at hand. Definitely would stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stanley G
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great Customer Service, Clean, helpful and peaceful. Would Stay there again!!!!! They offer free pool outdoors that is well maintained. The hotel offers free wifi and the beds are comfortable to sleep

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Most comments put 3 stars, me too. I mean, its fine, nothing spectacular.

--The PROs: Good location, No waiting time for Taxis at door, I got a quiet room with a nice and comfy bed (thanks Marriott!!), quiet Air Conditioning lets you sleep.

--The CONS: nothing remarkable on regards to hotel operation or staff effort to do their job. Bathrooms need some
plumber maintenance, the air conditioner cover felt during my sleep and aside the scary and sudden wake up, I looked inside and the ducts were filthy!. I reported it to front-desk.
Every day the maid removed my recently opened soap or my 2/3 full shampoo, Why? –was it good customer service?, waste of toiletries… or maybe there was a thief?.
The restaurant need some push to improve the staff attitude and expand the limited menu.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cheturo
CYGMSJUMR, Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Mr. Cheturo,

First at all, thank you for staying at our Courtyard by Marriott Miramar

We were very happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel room accommodations.

Rest assured that we hear our guest, and that we are currently working to give our customer the efficient service they deserve.

Our management team is working restructuring the departments to give our customers the efficient service they deserve. We will be addressing this with our staff and the Director of the area you have shared with us that require immediate attention. This is not part of our service standards and please be assured that we will share your comments with our team members for improvement.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we take customer service seriously.

We kindly invite you to visit us again and remain at your disposition for any request you might have before your next stay with us.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great Service. Everyone was very helpful. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the taxi situation. I realize Marriott doesn't control taxi's but they could put pressure on them. The fares were unpredictable and in my opinion too expensive. Even when we traveled to and from the same locations the fare was different. They claim to be regulated but it is only a wish. So step up Marriott and do something about it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This has to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Very disappointed with the Marriott brand for this one. Check in was a pain since the agent didn't know what she was doing. She had to get help from the shift supv who seemed like he didn't care to help.Finally checked in and get up to the room,I was in complete shock. The room was tiny.My kitchen at home is bigger.The furniture was broken,the tub was not clean,and the paint was literally peeling off the walls.Called the front desk to ask for another room and the attendant pretty much told me that no room was available and that they all look the same.Since this was an advance purchase,I had no choice but to stay here. They seriously need to renovate. All in all, the lobby was very nice and I did enjoy my trip to Puerto Rico..

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank adadont

Dear Amobi,

On behalf of The Courtyard Miramar team, I take this opportunity to thank you for taking your time to write your review.

We highly appreciate your comments regarding our facilities and staff. It has been a real pleasure to host you.

For all of us is really important to provide you with the best service and comfort.

We are glad to have received your feedback as it helps us to improve our service and to know that guest like yourself take delight in staying with the Courtyard by Marriott Miramar.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

At first, the idea of staying in the city did not appeal to me but thanks to the staffs attention To details they guided me through the nearby sites, restaurants and points of interest that truly made my stay easier. I came to the island to provide hospital care for my father who was diagnosed with cancer this week; so I want to thank so very much all the staff at miramar Marriott for their help and compassion; again tjank you!

• Stayed: July 2014