“Still a great place to stay”

Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Still a great place to stay”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just returned from our 3rd stay at this property and once again enjoyed cleanliness, good service and comfortable rooms. The service from the valet and the front desk was nice, quick and efficient. The pool area was super clean and pool towels are constantly being replenished. They should consider adding a whirlpool in the next remodel as well as more seating. This time we visited in a holiday weekend and finding a chair or lounge was a bit challenging. Also, there was a guest smoking at the pool area even tough is clearly signed as a non smoking area. We went to the restaurant, Papillon, and our server was wonderful, very attentive. The food was really good and we enjoyed the feel of the place. The rooms are a good size and they have a fridge which is a plus. The hotel is a short drive from Old San Juan. A supermarket, nice movie theater and many restaurants are within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the Miramar prior to my cruise to Barbados. Nice staff, beautiful rooms. Close to the beach and several restaurants. Cab ride from airport was short and inexpensive. Only problem was the signal strength of the Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 3rd floor had beautiful views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rhonda W
Princeton
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar for five days and had a very good experience. I travel often to San Juan and have stayed there before but it has improved in terms of the lobby looks, internet service, and checking in and out. I used their valet parking services ($15 per night) and it worked well, although sometimes the wait for my car was a bit long. My main complaint is that the hotel posts incidental charges to your credit card upon arrival and it takes many days to erase those charges from the posting to your bank account. It is nothing major, but it is a nuisance. The room was clean with a king bed. No fridge. I was not in San Juan for the beaches, instead I was happy that the hotel has taxis outside the door, buses along the street, stores, restaurants, bank, post office, etc. across the street. Great location for my purposes.

Room Tip: Ask if they can give you a room with a view of the lagoon.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alma C
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

At first arrival the lobby looks very nice. Great first impression. The front desk however, needs some training. Its nice to know, where the pool, gym and laundry are, in case I need it. The hotel only has 1 elevator, which can cause long wait times. I know they can't build 1 now but have to mention it. "For info purposes I reserved a double bed room." Upon entering the room, it was very clean, included a small fridge and a safe. The room isn't that big but My wife, 2 kids and I fit comfortably. The pool is average sized but clean.Its located outside, was a little cold but bearable. Kids didnt mind the temperature of the water, they just jumped right in. I am one who likes to keep fit during vacations so, I utilize the hotel gym. The gym is located in the basement and its fairly small but works. They have dumbbells for weight training, which is fine. "They are missing a 25lb. dumbell." "If found please return". It looks likes they upgraded the excersize bike and glider recently. They forgot 1 thing....the treadmill. Its really old and faulty. Upon use, It inclines and declines by itself randomly. When I wanted to reduce speed the decrease button didn't work. I had to stop/pause it just to do that. Really dangerous. "Please upgrade this if your reading Marriot." The taxis are right outside hotel. I've read some complaints about the taxis being too expensive but they are pretty much the same price everwhere, between 13-15 dollars to go to Old San Juan. I dont think Marriot can do anything about that. Valet parking is 15$ a day in case you decide to park your rental. Overall, I had a good stay, the hotel staff was helpful and room was cleaned everyday, with fresh towels. The pool was tidy with clean pool towels at hand. Definitely would stay here again if in the area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stanley G
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great Customer Service, Clean, helpful and peaceful. Would Stay there again!!!!! They offer free pool outdoors that is well maintained. The hotel offers free wifi and the beds are comfortable to sleep

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Toluca, Mexico
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Most comments put 3 stars, me too. I mean, its fine, nothing spectacular.

--The PROs: Good location, No waiting time for Taxis at door, I got a quiet room with a nice and comfy bed (thanks Marriott!!), quiet Air Conditioning lets you sleep.

--The CONS: nothing remarkable on regards to hotel operation or staff effort to do their job. Bathrooms need some
plumber maintenance, the air conditioner cover felt during my sleep and aside the scary and sudden wake up, I looked inside and the ducts were filthy!. I reported it to front-desk.
Every day the maid removed my recently opened soap or my 2/3 full shampoo, Why? –was it good customer service?, waste of toiletries… or maybe there was a thief?.
The restaurant need some push to improve the staff attitude and expand the limited menu.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cheturo
CYGMSJUMR, Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Mr. Cheturo,

First at all, thank you for staying at our Courtyard by Marriott Miramar

We were very happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel room accommodations.

Rest assured that we hear our guest, and that we are currently working to give our customer the efficient service they deserve.

Our management team is working restructuring the departments to give our customers the efficient service they deserve. We will be addressing this with our staff and the Director of the area you have shared with us that require immediate attention. This is not part of our service standards and please be assured that we will share your comments with our team members for improvement.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we take customer service seriously.

We kindly invite you to visit us again and remain at your disposition for any request you might have before your next stay with us.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great Service. Everyone was very helpful. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the taxi situation. I realize Marriott doesn't control taxi's but they could put pressure on them. The fares were unpredictable and in my opinion too expensive. Even when we traveled to and from the same locations the fare was different. They claim to be regulated but it is only a wish. So step up Marriott and do something about it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel