“Excellent hotel with an awesome restaurant!”

Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
“Excellent hotel with an awesome restaurant!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our stay was fabulous! The adjacent restaurant was also wonderful. Their even specials changed each night and were well prepared. The bartender was even very creative with new cocktail mixtures. Rooms were very clean, well maintained, house staff was very personable. thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CYGMSJUMR, General Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear km1968rn,

Thank you for the lovely review! It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff send you there greeting and are pleased to know you were satisfied.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Always At Your Service,
J.Garay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Hotel room was adequate for our family of four. All we needed was a clean and quiet room and this what we got. On site restaurant was decent for breakfast. The diner down the street was cheaper but so was the food quality and service. Good dinner options in this neighborhood and a grocery two short blocks away. Cab ride to Old San Juan was $14. Staff at the hotel were friendly and knowledgeable with the surrounding area. Pool is nothing to write home about. The price was right and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Quool,
Thank you for assisting us in our ongoing drive for quality and enabling us to improve the hospitality offered to our guest.
I hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Always At Your Service
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 14 August 2014

There is a room service button on the phone and no room service. The maid kept throwing my razors away. One day did not come at all. I thought the staff was condescending. Whatever, I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Marriott. I called the front desk because the guy next door was coughing and...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CYGMSJUMR, General Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Montalvo,

Thank you for staying and sharing your comments about our hotel. We do value your loyalty and your comments will be reviewed by our Management Team. We take these matters earnestly and will inform the appropriate individuals within the hotel of this bring out. I trust that even if you choose not to return here you will visit one of the many other wonderful Marriott hotels around the world.

Always at You Service
San Jose, California
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed only one night and I liked it. I was allowed to do early check-in and the room was clean amd spacious for one or two persons. It is much better than the Courtyard in Aguidilla! The valet staff are friendly and gave me good tips on visiting old San Juan. As mentioned in other reviews, there is minimal counter space and the toilet is in an awkward place. Minor things for a shortstay for me. I had breakfast at Papillon and the service was fast and the latteis excellent!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank mlakshmi
Dear Mlakshmi,
Please know that your comments have been well received. Our staff is grateful you took time to share your thoughts.
Thank you for making us a part of your visit.

Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 11 August 2014

For the business traveler, this hotel has the required items. It is not a fancy hotel but it clean and well kept. The room size is adequate for 1 or 2 persons but not for families. The bathroom is a bit too small for my taste, but not terrible either. The staff is friendly and attentive. The breakfast at Papillon was tasty, fast and adequately priced.
I would not recommend this hotel for long stays or family vacations, but for business travel or maybe an overnight stay it is excellent and the price is not bad for Puerto Rico.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Heriberto,
Thank you for the lovely review! It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff.
Again thank you for reaching out to us and on behave of the all of us, we thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you.
Until next time!!!

Benicia, California
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The bathroom did not have any counter space and the toilet was under part of the counter. The bathroom door hung over the wall. The printer in the business center was not working so I could not print my airline boarding passes. I originally had reservations at the San Juan Marriott but changed to the Courtyard since the rest of my family was there, I now wish I would kept my reservations there.

• Stayed August 2014
CYGMSJUMR, General Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear twit42

Thank you for reaching out to us so that we can resolve your concerns. Your review will help us on delivering an improved guest service and quality product.

We continuously look for ways to improve our guest experiences and will definitely take this information back to our staff and address it.

Always at Your Service
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I was only in San Juan for one night and since I was traveling with a client, I stayed where they stayed. The room was clean, adequate for an overnight stay or one in which not much time was spent in the room. It would be small to work in. My only issues was that the tub shower valve did not work so very little water made it up tot he shower head. I notified the front desk at check-out and they were sufficiently apologetic and very friendly. The neighborhood, Miramar, seemed nice and when I go back, there several restaurants in the area I'd like to check out. However, the hotel restaurant, Papillon, was quite good as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Chronway,

Thank you for selecting our Hotel for your one night stay and for sharing your comments in regards to your recent visit with us.

We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate hearing what we can do to make your stay more enjoyable in the future. We are actively in communication with the Engineering Department and working on correcting areas of improvement.

We love hearing that the Front Desk you interacted with was kind and caring. We will be sure to inform them of your expression. Thank you again for taking the time to respond about your visit.