Cervantes
US$303
US$396
US$212
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$368
US$354
Travelocity
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$233
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold san juangave us a mapstreet noisewithin walking distancejunior suitepuerto ricocruise terminalyogurtbring earplugsfree trolleysmall hotelcomfy bedthe hotel stafftaxi standstandard roomawesome locationone night stay
Reviewed 8 May 2013

great place to stay. this was my first time in Puerto Rico and the staff was more than willing to offer recommendations, book taxis, etc. we were in town to run the Puerto Rico marathon, and the staff ensured we had a taxi at 4 am and even let us know other guests were running so we could share the cab and save money. I would like to give special thanks to Michelle, who gave us excellent places to eat, and showed us where everything was in town that we could possibly need - super max, cvs, marshals, the good shopping streets and the places to avoid. so thanks Michelle for making our trip awesome!!! also I would recommend getting the mofongo at raices up the street.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank FUHRY29
CervantesprGM, Front Office Manager at Cervantes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff. They truly are what make us standout with their friendliness and knowledge of our Island. We are so glad you enjoyed your first trip to Puerto Rico and hope you come next year for the Marathon!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I booked this room on booking.com and decided that I did not want to stay here so I cancelled. For reasons unknown I was charged for $356.80 for a room I never even seen. I called the hotel to see what was going on and they were very rude. I asked to speak to the owner and the manager (Judy) would not let me speak to him. I just hope if anyone has this problem get better results than I have. I would not be complaining if I did not cancel but I booked two rooms and cancelled both of them and only one was canceled. Good luck to anyone whom has a problem because they are not very good about resolving them.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bubbles286
CervantesprGM, Front Office Manager at Cervantes, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

We apologize for the situation but would like to remind you that we refunded payment for your first night. Let us emphasize that the issue was brought upon because Booking.com couldn't find your cancellation and without a cancellation, our policy allows us to charge you. We were following our policies and procedures at our best.

We hope you reconsider staying with us during any future visits to our beautiful island of Puerto Rico.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night before departing on our Southern Caribbean cruise. The hotel is in an amazing location. We easily walked everywhere, and if we had been cruising with Carnival (which we weren't) we could have even walked from the hotel to the cruise terminal.
Check-in was extremely fast and the girl at the desk was very personable and friendly. Our room was very small, but for one night it wasn't a big deal. Complimentary breakfast is nothing special. It is just a small plate with a sample of cheese, croissants, etc.
We had a couple issues during our stay- 1) My pillow was covered in small black hair upon arrival. I took it downstairs and the two men at the desk quickly apologized and brought me a new one. They were very prompt and sincere in their concern over the problem. I told them it really wasn't a huge deal, but they wrote up an incident report anyways. I liked their dedication to customer service. It was truly amazing. 2) The alleyway behind the hotel in extremely loud. My husband and I both woke up several times during the night by what sounded like a large garbage truck emptying bins with numerous glass bottles in them. It was something that was tolerable for a night, but would have been hard to deal with for longer.
Overall I liked the experience and I especially liked the staff, but I will probably be staying elsewhere upon my return to the beautiful Puerto Rico.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney2207
CervantesprGM, Front Office Manager at Cervantes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Courtney,
Thank you for staying with us during your stay in our beautiful island. We apologize for the two inconveniences you faced while being here. As you can tell, our dedicated staff works hard to solve any issues and provide a quick solution. We are so glad our staff provided you and your husband with outstanding customer service since that is what we thrive for. We hope you reconsider staying with us on any future trips to our beloved, Puerto Rico.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Chateau Cervantes hotel a few days ago after a recent Caribbean cruise and we loved the place. It's a very old hotel which has undergone a recent renovation, and we thought that both the lobby and the guest rooms were quite elegant. It's located on Recinto Sur (a main street in Old Town San Juan) so some reviewers complain about the street noise. Even though we were there on Saturday night (when Old Town is absolutely packed with visitors!) we slept great. We found the hotel staff to be helpful and friendly, and we were served a nice continental breakfast which included warm croissants & bagels with cream cheese. They were happy to store our luggage for us, and Yuri & Michelle also gave us some valuable recommendations on places to visit and where to eat. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you're concerned about street noise, try requesting a room toward the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron R

Mr. Rhodes,

Thank you for the kind and honest words about our hotel. They truly are valuable to us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and recommendations from our wonderful staff. We look forward to your next stay with us at Chateau Cervantes!

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed at the Cervantes in January and had read both negative and positive reviews on the hotel. We weren't able to get in for just one night at the Sheraton as we did the previous year so we opted to stay here. While the staff was gracious and my 'kids' 22&18 were never so happy to be out of the cab...my youngest thought were were going to die in that cab, I think they had lost our reservation. It took forever for them to find our reservation and then get the room ready. It was hot and stuffy but wow what an amazing shower! It was a room all in itself. The pull out sofa the kids had to use was ok at best, good think they are used to a dorm lifestyle, while our bed was comfortable the room remained stuffy and the ac was LOUD. Just when I would start to doze off it would start or the night life in the back alley would start.

Michelle was wonderful and VERY informative. She truly made the visit pleasant and helped us figure out our day before we boarded the ship.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Meredith R
CervantesprGM, Front Office Manager at Cervantes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

We appreciate you remembering to review us after your stay in January. We apologize that your check in took too long and we will work hard to get this issue resolved. Thank you for the kind words about our staff. They are what truly make our hotel shine!