“Our entire wedding group stayed at La Concha - it was wonderful!!!”

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Chicago, Illinois
“Our entire wedding group stayed at La Concha - it was wonderful!!!”
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We had our wedding in Old San Juan, but we had our entire wedding group stay at La Concha and it was a HUGE hit. Wonderfully located, great beach, great pool, great bar, casino in the hotel, and helpful staff. La Concha was probably the most important factor in making our wedding as wonderful as it was, and I can't thank the staff there enough. We did a big Friday night happy hour in the main bar, and they put up velvet ropes to give us a bit of seclusion, and the waitresses and bar manager were wonderful. Felix at the front door was also a rockstar, and was great to everyone. The band KISS was even staying at the hotel, and we bumped into them over and over. So fun!

Room Tip: Stay off the main lobby, not in the addition
  • Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Nojesrom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,358)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 May 2011

The hotel is terrific (just read the other reviews) with great ambiance, good food (mainly in the Volga and La Perla restaurants), outstanding views and great pools.
The one big drawback if you need to do any work is that the wireless service is just pathetic, with speeds between 11Mbps (if you are lucky) and 1Mbps (most likely). This can be a big deal when you need to stay connected and you can't even connect to the internet.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
ArroyoA, Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this review, 10 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and appreciate your feedback regarding your not-so-pleasant experience with the wireless connection. Our complimentary wireless and hi-speed internet connections are both designed to satisfy the needs of exigent travelers like you, therefore it is extremely important for us to learn more about your particular challenges, so we can immediately identify areas of opportunities and avoid this situation from happening in the future. Please accept my apologies for this situation. I may be contacted at any time at: aarroyo@laconcharesort.com; if you wish to provide us with additional information that may well assist us to improve our services .

Thank You.
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Very modern lobby, great staff especially Felix Perez he was a riot & made us feel like we were special!!

Our ocean view was amazing, food in the hotel rest was 6 out of 10. If I can offer one piece of advice walk the strip eat @ local rest SAVE YOUR $$$!!!

Concierge staff "Louise" was/is wonderful she helped orchestrate a cake & balloons reasonably as a surprise!!

The lobby bar was nice the bartenders were friendly & great!

I will b back!!

• Stayed April 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Like many others, I could write an endless amount of information about my stay at La Concha. I will spare you and just explain what you need to know. You must stay in the Suite Tower...it is much nicer than the older building. We had a "partial" ocean view room and it still had an amazing view. The food and drinks are expensive, but you're on vacation, and they are no cheaper at another resort. There is a small shop 1 block away that sells beer & liquor. My girlfriend and I bought a bottle of rum and some mixers and saved a ton of money by mixing our own drinks and heading to the pool or beach.

The thing that struck me...everyone we met on the tours/charters were disapointed in their hotel choice. They all wished they had booked La Concha, and were using the La Concha facilities during the day.

Bottom Line...this is a resort, and you will pay resort-like prices...La Concha is worth every penny if you stay in the Suite Tower. The reviewers who seemed unhappy were primarily in the older building. Lastly, I was driving myself crazy trying to pick which hotel to stay....I made an educated guess and picked La Concha and when I entered the lobby I knew it was the right choice...stop debating, stop searching, trust me...

Room Tip: Suite Tower
3 Thank GOLDandGARNET
Middleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We just returned from a week long stay at the La Concha resort. Our immediate impression upon walking in was beautiful. The lobby was bright, open, inviting and a buzz with activity. Check in went smoothly, although not speedy. Our room was a king, ocean view with a full size sliding window overlooking the beach, pool and ocean. The view was breathtaking and it is the thing I miss the most about Puerto Rico. The room was extremely clean, modern and overall very comfortable. The small couch and chair in the room was not really something you could sink into and relax, but we didn't spend a ton of time in the room.

During our stay we ate in several of the restaurants and bar. All areas were extremely clean. The servers were all very friendly and attentive once they finally got to you, but initial service and check time were very slow. I don't know if it was the relaxed atmosphere or just the way things are. The breakfast food was . . . well breakfast food, not bad, but okay. If you eat outside though, watch for the pigeons. The staff does a good job of keeping them at bay, but don't walk away from your food unless you are done eating. We really enjoyed our lunch out in the Tapas Lounge area and the dinner that we had at Voga (Level 25) was fantastic.

We visited each of the pool areas on the property as well as the beach, all were cleaned daily and very relaxing. Towels were available in several areas, beverages were served pool side and beach side (on one side of the resort). If visiting with young children, watch the surf on the beach, it can get rough. During our visit, my husband and Luis (the young man assisting guests with chairs) had to save a drowning boy who had ventured out too far in the waves. The beach was very beautiful and for the most part extremely relaxing.

Our room cost was what I would deem within reason for this type of resort considering the view that we had. Just prepare to have extra cash for tips. We used the valet parking service, room service, cleaning services, beach chair services, and towel services. Granted you don't have to tip each of these people, but we wanted to and it definitely adds up.

Overall we were so very pleased with our stay at the La Concha resort. It was a surprise 50th birthday gift for my husband, he had no idea until 2 days before we left. It was everything I wanted it to be for him!!

Room Tip: Watch for specials, 1 free night w/weekend night
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2011

My boyfriend and I were traveling from New York and stayed at the La Concha hotel in Puerto Rico. It was an easy and relatively inexpensive taxi ride from the airport. The hotel's lobby can be overwhelming at first glance, especially if you come at night. It had large bar with changing colorful lights and tons of people there. I had emailed the concierge a number of times about our stay. They were informative but I did have to send a couple emails before I actually got a response. The front desk personnel was very helpful but you do get the feeling that they are somewhat understaffed. Our room was clean and the ocean view was unreal. We had no trouble finding chairs, cocktails, or food while at the pool and beach. I found the main pool to be a little too kid friendly and the majority of our trip the infinity pool was closed for private events. The beach however was relaxing and comfortable. The gym appeared to have all of the top equipment and offered private classes and a beautiful view of the ocean. There was sofa bed areas to lounge on that provided shade and had food service. The hotel food at all of the restaurants at the La Concha exceeded most hotel food that I have had and we had some delicious meals. The aroma cafe in the morning was free (though you still get charged for taxes) through our Marriott rewards program so I cant complain but it wasn't amazing. It was easy to get a taxi at night and the neighborhood was both lively and safe. The hotel concierge, Frankie, was very informative and booked us on biobay kayaking tour which I highly recommend. Stephanie was a front desk member that went out of her way to deliver a birthday cake I had requested to the room. Overall a lively hotel to stay at with tons to do and provided great daytime relaxation as well. I can't wait to go back soon.

Room Tip: Stay on the highest floor, spend on the ocean view
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Entering the lobby we were greeted by a lively bar and pop music. Even though i'm not a big partier anymore I liked this a lot as it immediately added a sense of energy to the place.

Had a sea view room which i would thoroughly recommend over the city view. I don;t generally get excited about hotel rooms and this was no exception. Nothing to complain about though which is most important. It was very clean, the bed was good, there was a big flat screen and the walk in shower was nice.

The hotel offers many food options. Simple bar food, sushi, Italian to more fine dining. We only had the more bar type food which was surprisingly excellent. Probably the best hotel bar food i have ever had. Burgers, quesedillas, steak were all excellent. Cocktails were also good although there were a couple of occasions where i think they might have held back on the alcohol a bit.

Beach was awesome and not crowded at all. At times felt like being on your own private beach. There are a few pools to choose from as well as a hot tub and the overall layout of the hotel is a bit more interesting that normal.

All in all i can thoroughly recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay there again. Staff were super friendly and helpful.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!