“One word: Awesome!”

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel back in June 2012. I had planned my cousin’s bachelor party and we stayed at this very classy hotel. There were 15 of us and every person in the group was very impressed with this hotel. The lobby and the lobby bar is one of the most amazing lobbies I have ever seen. It was classy, clean, upscale, etc. The multiple pool area were also a sight to see as well. The location of the hotel is very good as well. You are pretty much in the middle of one of the main streets and there are other nice hotels to visit on that same street.

The rooms were also very clean. The service was outstanding. Again not really much to go into. I definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank VASAMAN
There are newer reviews for La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Reviewed 19 July 2012

The people at the hotel are very nice and very helpful. The property itself is tired. The room had a great view of the beach but was small. Not a bad place but would probably look somewhere else if I was again in San Juan. One good thing about the hotel is it is only 15 minutes maximum from the airport. From the time my plane landed until I was in my room was 35 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed @ la concha for 5 days and it was a very nice experience the hotel looks very trendy and very well kept. the drinks are a little pricey but thats expected at hotels, theres bars right outside in front of the hotel with less expensive food and drinks that are just as good. When we first arrived we had a little miscommunication with the room details we booked an ocean front 1 bedroom suite and the had us booked with a city view. Christina @ the front desk was very helpful and accommodated us immediately she was very nice helpful and professional. we had a waiter that was from New York Carlos Alvarez that was just amazing! me and my family felt like we were right at home with him he was so helpful and attentive to us and always recommended the best food and drinks to us at the hotel and we always went with his choices and they were absoulutely GREAT! Victor helped us with our bags and was always very funny and friendly with us he was great too. the day we were leaving we left our bags at the front desk and when we arrived back to get them the bell guy helped us put the bags in the car only to get to the airport and realize we were missing a luggage we immediatley called the hotel they had victor deliver the luggage to us he arrived like 20mins later we missed our flight due to the bag being late when we called la concha to explain the situation to them to see if they would accomodate us for the night or give us a discounted price they told us they were full no rooms were available. I went online to try to book a room and there were rooms available for purchase so i guess they just don't help you once you've checked out. kind of messed up but we eventually stayed at the san juan airport hotel which SUCKED! overall our stay was very nice my bday was well spent. Thanks to Christina Carlos Alvarez and Victor for their EXCELLENT AMAZING customer service employees like this really helps people like me and my family return!

Room Tip: 1 bedroom suite with ocean front view is amazing!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Shay170
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed here for my birthday and booked the reservation the night before on a whim. It did. Ot disappoint. Even though we did experience a problem with our reservation, the front desk staff was very helpful and always nice. Our room was small but modern. The bathroom did need some work but nothing major. The pool area is small but well -kept and I very much enjoyed the option of adults only side. The lobby bar gets very busy at night, especially on the weekends but that's part of the allure of the hotel. Food is on the expensive side, as is in most hotels on the Island. However, Condado has plenty of food options at walking distance. Every last Sunday of the month, there is something called Ventana del Jazz, or Window to Jazz, in the park area next to the hotel. It's a free jazz concert well worth the visit. Everyone takes a picnic, picks a spot on the lawn and enjoys the outdoor concert. There's always something to do.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aryas
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I went to Puerto Rico with my 3 daughters and my 1 year old granddaughter from 7/6-7/13/12. My friend from New York also met us there. We booked 2 rooms – a 1 bdrm suite and a regular room. I called the hotel directly a few days before my arrival to request connecting rooms in the new Suite Tower. My travel agent also called the hotel with the same request. If you call within a week of your reservation they can make notes and put in room requests in your record. I believe the hotel can only access your reservation 1 week in advance. They did tell us that we would get the rooms requested.

When we checked in, we were given rooms 556 & 557, a corner 2 bdrm suite in the new tower. You can see the layout of the rooms on the hotel website – click on 2 bdrm suite. It had 2 bedrooms, a living room with sofa bed, a separate kitchen with dining area, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, and the 2nd bedroom also had a kitchenette in it. One bathroom had the large walk in shower and the other had the whirlpool tub. It was a very nice room. Our rooms were cleaned every morning around 10 or 11am (hotel was not very crowded though) except one day when it was so late, we just said give us towels (I think it was Thursday 7/12 when we noticed many people checking in, so housekeeping was busy getting rooms ready). The internet connection was fine, we all checked our emails and my kids skyped and oovoo’ed (lol). All our Verizon phones worked fine – texting, talking, internet – no complaints.

As others have mentioned, the hotel is very modern and stylish. It was also very clean. We did not see any bugs, anywhere at all – not in rooms nor anywhere else in the hotel. The main pool was very nice and clean and the service was good. Food and drinks by the pool (at Solera) were good, but expensive. We did shop for food, drinks and alcohol and made our own drinks to bring to pool and beach along with snacks. Get a Bubba Keg or small cooler to bring stuff and save some money. There were 2 other pools – the adult only pool outside the Suite Tower (which we did not go to) and the infinity pool on the beach, not far from the main pool. That pool was a little slimey at times so we did not go there much.

The beach was fantastic! We swam and played in the waves every day. The waves were great. There was very little seaweed and the ocean floor is all soft sand – no rocks or shells at all. I did not need any water shoes. My daughter did walk down the beach toward the Marriott and said the beach in front of La Concha was the nicest.

Most nights we ate out of the hotel – all were within walking distance except one in Old San Juan. We ate at Orozcos (very good), China Blossom (typical hibachi style), Il Postino (great Italian behind/around corner from Subway - which is across the street from La Concha), Chillis (franchise), Tijuanas (very good mexican down passed the Marriott), Café Puerto Rico (great place in Old San Juan), and Voga – the Italian restaurant at the hotel --- Voga was not really good – don’t waste your money. We also had some sushi at the hotel sushi bar which was great – they serve you at the lobby bar while you’re having drinks there. However, it did take more than 40 minutes to get the sushi on the two occasions that we ordered it. But oh well, island time… We weren’t in any rush either.

Two of my kids took a tour to the ziplines and “The Beast” at Toro Verde – they loved it!! The Concierge set it up for them. They were picked up and dropped off at hotel. I basically just went to relax at the beach and pool with a drink for a week, so I did not want to do much touring. We did walk around Old San Juan one day and ate dinner there.

I must say, I was not very impressed with San Juan. I wish I had explored other parts of Puerto Rico, maybe I would have liked it better. I loved the hotel and enjoyed my vacation very much, but I doubt I would return to Puerto Rico. I must say though that everyone who worked at the hotel and in the stores and restaurants we went to were extremely nice. I don’t think I have ever met so many nice people.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly within a week of your reservation to make your room/building requests.
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank aferg121
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My wife and I returned for our 2nd vacation in the last 6 months at La Concha.
We had a wonderful time. The hotel and location work perfectly for our needs.
We are beach people.
The beach is wonderful, and if anyone is lucky enough to have Hector Torres as their server, they will really be happy.
Hector is a beautiful person, and a very hard worker. He made our experieince even better than back in February.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob W
Reviewed 16 July 2012

20 minutes to check in, roaches in the bathroom, poor internet connectivity, scratchy sheets, noisy not "vibey" lobby -- don't waste your time with the La Concha. Stay at the Ritz down the block. Service levels are miles apart!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Hotel El Convento
#2 of 47 in San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!