“Best vacation ever!!!!”

Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
“Best vacation ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

My friends and I went to La Concha for the weekend to celebrate my friends birthday and the experience was amazing. The environment was everything you could ask for. The people were friendly and helpful especially when suggesting where to go. There were two hotel workers that made my experience even more amazing was Felix and Antonio they make that hotel even better then it is. If you go to la concha and you get to meet these guys you know it will be a good stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank berroaa1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,309)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We loved our stay here. Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean. The Beach was great, but the waves were very strong. The staff was friendly and helpful.The room was clean and spacious. The lobby bar tended to be very at night.

We thought the location was ideal. There are a lot of restaurants located within walking distance of the hotel. Plus, Old San Juan is a short cab ride away.

3 Thank NJ76
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My friends, family and I stayed in the suite tower of this hotel for one week. The suite is a little smaller than I expected but it was comfortable, clean and modernly decorated. There are two standard size beds and a pull out couch. The service was great. The staff was very friendly, helpful and very accomodating. I think that this resort is great for the price. The beach, pool and lounge areas are clean and comfortable. The gym is clean with good machines and an amazing view. We all had a great time. There is security that walk along the premises throughout the day and night and the police visited the hotels several times throughout our stay. We didn't eat at the restaurant although we did order food near the pools and while on the beach and everything that we had was good, although pricey but this is common in hotels. The resort is located on the main strip so it is near a lot of stores, hotels, bars and restuarants. We absolutely loved this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: Please note that suites do not have an ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RoyalGrace
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We arrived around 3pm on a Thursday and not surprising our room wasn't ready. I have been reading reviews on this property for 8 months, so I wasn't surprised. We had booked a spa room, which had a whirlpool hot hub on the balcony overlooking the ocean. Once we did get our room, it was beautiful. Huge walk-in shower, which was a surprise. The spa rooms are very private as the walls are high between the rooms. The hot tubs are under the overhang, so you can be in there and have privacy.

As other people have complained about the price of drinks and food, I can't agree with them. This is a resort in the Caribbean, nothing is cheap. However, I am from San Francisco and I didn't have sticker shock. I am of the belief, if you can be on vacation, then don't worry about the prices. We ate at Perla one night and the food was absolutely delicious. The ambiance there is amazing. Very cool place and you must go. Ask to sit along the windows, as that's the best view. The night we ate there, there was a storm with a great lightening show.

The pools are great, the bar at the pool has fantastic drinks and nice bar food. The workers were very friendly.

My only real complaint about this property is that there is not a spa on site. They recommend the Zen Spa, which is a 3 minute walk down the street, but it doesn't get very good reviews.

Room Tip: Spend the money for a spa room, if you are going to be there for more than one night.
1 Thank jmcki60811
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Spent a week with goal of relaxing. Sat on the beach and at the adults only pool, enjoyed both. Swam in the pool and took dips in the ocean. It was rough and I could not stay in too long. My husband useD the gym every day and was satisfied. Maid service was spotty, but room was clean.
The hotel is located on a street with many casual restaurants, variety at reasonable prices.
My goal was realized.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mniarhos
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Overall, La Concha is a nice hotel with friendly staff. My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night in a wonderful room, then went to Vieques for two nights, and returned to La Concha again. After returning from Vieques, we were given an awfully small and stagnant smelling room in the east tower. I would not encourage anyone to stay there--it is not worth the money. The west tower, however, is newly renovated and spacious. Our room the second time had a strange smell coming from the fridge that maintenance could not sort out. They offered us another room, but by that point, we had moved already so we just stuck it out for two more nights. I would recommend La Concha because it is a good value--but it is certainly not one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Stay in the east tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ellej8
Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed on the 9th floor of the non-suite tower for a week over Thanksgiving. Check in was very efficient, around midnight on Friday night. The lobby bar was absolutely packed and the music was loud. It was clearly the place to be on a Friday night. Our room was spacious, with a king bed, a pull out couch, a coffee maker, small fridge, and large bathroom. The view of the ocean was fantastic. My only complaint would be that the room had a balcony that was about a foot wide, just large enough to stand on. I knew that going in, but it would have been nice to have a balcony that was big enough for a chair.

The beach was the nicest that I saw in the immediate area, although it wasn't fabulous by Caribbean standards. The water was rough. There were plenty of chairs at the beach and helpful beach staff to bring chairs to wherever you wanted to sit at the beach. I heard from others that chairs were harder to come by at the pool, but I never sat at the pool. The hotel had lots of comfortable common areas with couches and tables. The hotel also had many restaurants. We had lunch by the pool once, but that was the only time we ate/drank at the hotel. Lunch was good, but expensive ($16 for a hamburger and fries), and I don't like to break the bank on food.

The staff were all very friendly, including Felix, one of the bellman. Elevators in the main tower were slow. It was not unusual to wait several minutes for the elevator from the 9th floor. Not a huge deal, but it did make me reconsider when I thought about running up to the room for something that I needed when I was at the beach.

As far as the area goes, right across the street were high end stores like Cartier, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton. There were also many restaurants in walking distance. I was expecting more restaurants based on what I had read, but there were more than enough restaurants to keep us busy on a one week trip. Also, there was a Subway across the street, which I visited almost every day for lunch. The hotel had a casino of the lobby, which was convenient because we stopped there pretty much every night on the way home from dinner. The casino was decent size by Caribbean standards, with several tables and plenty of machines. They even had a $5 minimum on black jack, which I haven't seen in a few years.

In conclusion, I liked this hotel, and if I am ever in San Juan again, I would most likely stay here, unless I decided to give Isla Verde a try. There was no other place in the Condado area that I would have rather stayed.

1 Thank advonefin
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,118 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!