La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Comfort Inn(San Juan)
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
7,786 results
All reviewssuite towerfelix perezocean viewlobby barnew towerla concha renaissanceadult poolslidersmain poolbeautiful resortchairs and umbrellasgreat beachconcierge deskresort feefitness centercondado areasolera
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014

La Concha is a beautiful, swank hotel on the beach and right in the middle of the vibrant Condado area of San Juan. The lobby/bar area is gorgeous, the pools are lovely, and the room we stayed in had a fantastic view of the ocean. All of the staff was super friendly and helpful. We loved our stay there and felt like celebrities.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob1270
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Vibrant atmosphere, great bar scene both day and night. Check in was delayed, but they were very quick to make sure you can't check out late. We offered to PAY and they still said no. Out of curiosity, we looked online to see if they were booked- NOPE. Nice... Pools were bathtubs they were so warm. And good luck getting a waiter to come your way. You need to get up and ask someone from the restaurant to come serve you. Beach was even worse. The waters were very rough, and little to no service at all there. Short stretch of a beach as well, so not much "walking" can be done if that's what you like. Pool was "missing" something to add to the atmosphere- music? Young crowd, but when you're lacking the alcohol flowing at the pool area and no music, there's not much going on. Lunch food was good, so was the sushi. We didn't eat at the restaurants upstairs, although we had the breakfast buffet which was good.

Room Tip: Partial Ocean View = Full parking lot view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JRud1124
Eduardo R, Front Office Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear JRud1124
Thank you for your review. My most sincere apologies that your experience with us was less than perfect. I assure you we take into consideration our guests’ feedback in order to continue striving for excellence.
We certainly hope for our guests to have far better than an average stay. Our guests are always our priority but unfortunately we did not have the late checkout available based in the room category.
We invite our guest while staying with us to discover the great things La Concha and the Condado area had to offer. However your suggestions will be address and take into consideration for future guest.
Should you ever decide to give us another opportunity, we would love to welcome you back. Feel free to contact me should you need assistance with anything, I remain at your service.

Truly,

Eduardo Rivera
Director of Guest Services.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was our third time it stay at La Concha, but the first time with our kids. As always, the front desk staff and bellmen were incredibly friendly and helpful. We had reserved a city view one bedroom suite but were upgraded to ocean view at no charge. The lobby and pool area are always active and hopping! The lobby and pool area are immaculate! The beach area is I think the most spacious on the Condado beach. The hotel is perfectly located close to many restaurants, upscale shopping, and a nearby Starbucks and Walgreen.
As mentioned we were traveling with our 2 kids, 11 and 15. Usually we are able to get away with a king bed plus pull-out sofa. And as this was a suite, I was expecting to have enough room. However, when we arrived after 11pm from our flight and got situated, we pulled out the sofa bed to find that it was quite simply the worst pull out bed I've ever seen......EVER! It was barely larger than a twin and was quite thin and flimsy. At that late hour we simply made do, knowing that it was only one night. But please know that no matter what they say, these rooms will not adequately accommodate 4 people! The suites do have a kitchenette, with ice maker. The ocean view from the balcony is lovely. The bathrooms are spacious.
I would stay here again, but would make sure to get two queen/double beds rather than use sofa bed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Stephelps
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I was not especially impressed with the hotel. Good location / view and convenient to the beach, but service in general is slow (I waited over 15 minutes to pick up my key at the front desk after I'd already checked in (no elite desk)), and well over 30 minutes for my bag to be delivered up to my room. Rooms are modern/minimalist. I'd strongly recommend the full service Marriott just up the beach over the Renaissance, especially since the price point is similar.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Theoface
Eduardo R, Front Office Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Theoface,

I acknowledge receipt of your experience through Trip Advisor of your past experience while visiting our hotel. I would like to convey to you my most sincere apologies for obviously not meeting your expectations and standards at La Concha Resort.

Your comments are well taken and it is through letters and comments like yours that allow us to point out the areas where we may need to improve... I have met with our entire Operational manager’s regarding your comments and concerns and we will take matters.

Dear Theoface, once again I apologize for the inconveniences and hope this does not keep you from giving us another opportunity to prove to you the true service offered in our hotel for which we are well known.

If we may be of any assistance in the future towards your next stay with us, please do not hesitate in contacting myself or our Front Desk Manager Denise Padilla (erivera@laconcharesort.com) at any time.

Cordially,

Eduardo Rivera
Director of Guest Services.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Beautiful hotel, nice rooms, friendly staff. Stayed for 4 nights for a recent business trip in an Ocean View room (make sure you ask for a higher floor or you'll be looking at a tree or the restaurant) and everything was perfect. Could use another reasonably priced restaurant on site, but other than that, it was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room on the ocean side for the best views and least amount of obstructions.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business