“Loved Every Minute Here!”

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I couldn't believe how a decent hotel can change a whole vacation vibe. We booked at a Hilton hotel that was ranked #3 with access to La Concha. After a day staying there and visiting La Concha we switched over immediately! Everything has a modern high class feel. I called the reservation hotline and they booked me a cheaper rate than any website. We got an ocean view on floor 6 (602 I believe was the room #). I saw another review on here about the room being small. I think this room was beyond big for our family of 4 with 2 queen beds and also a crib. I thought it was ample enough space of closets and bed area! The only downside of the hotel was the bar drinks were quite pricey my husband and I got blood marys and for (2) drinks it was around $25.00. The restaurants also were a tad pricey for our taste though we did go to other eating places in the area and did subway across the street for quick fast meals. Nice thing is they don't nickel and dime you on seats and umbrellas on top of the room fee. The pools from Monday-Thurs. were completely empty sometimes we were the only ones using them. Just know that for ocean view with a great beach this is worth every penny! We will definitely book this hotel if ever we take another vacation to San Juan!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Missy P
Write a ReviewReviews (7,670)

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Despite the weather, extremely windy and rained most of the time, our stay was great!
The hotel staff was really nice. We got upgraded to a tower suite. Our suite was amazing!! Room 655, full uninterrupted ocean view, kitchen with a full fridge, couches and a table. Nice bathroom.
There's a very quiet pool on the tower suites side. There are pools throughout the resort which were more crowded. Food was awesome. I had the root chips and guac every chance I could get. Beach/pool side service was available.
Beach wasn't the nicest and the water was way too rough for me personally- didn't feel like losing my bathing suit. But people were in it having a great time body surfing the waves. You can rent a boogie board for 10 bucks.
All in all, great time! And would def recommend!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelbug1031
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I just got back from a 5 day, 4 night stay at La Concha. I figured I'd just bullet out some of my key findings so its a bit easier for you to read.

*Check in - we arrived at 12:30 in the afternoon and our room was ready! That was HUGE as I had read from many that check in went way later than the 4pm time - so we were really lucky for that.

*Room - We had a Junior Suite Oceanview - the view was worth the extra money. It was sooo nice to open the door and have the waves and wind as you relaxed. The suite had good amount of space, we never felt cramped. After a couple days the room started to smell really musty - like wet and old. We then realized that there were NO HOOKS in the entire room so you couldn't hang any towels to dry, any wet bathing suites etc...so after a few days of them "drying" over chairs, the smell really got to us. That would be my 1 major suggestion about the rooms - add a few simple hooks to the back or the doors. You could hang them out the balcony but it was really windy and you didn't want to risk losing anything!

*Pool/Grounds - Perfect! My hubby and I are not beach people, so we loved having the option of 4 pools and many many different areas so sit and lounge. That was great! When it was cloudy or rainy, we parked ourselves under one of the covered outdoor couch areas and just read for hours with a couple glasses of wine. That was true relaxation. THe pools were heated so they didn't provide any relief from the sun.

*Location - Great location to walk around find tons of places to each and drink. 10 min from Old San Juan but $15 each way. We didnt plan well and went on 3 different nights, making that almost $100 in taxi's alone! I wish we looked into a bus.

*Food/Drink at hotel - Ok - wasn't amazing, but was totally decent. But its SO EXPENSIVE!! $8 for not even a full beer, $14 for a glass of wine, $19 for a burger....no thanks. Like others suggested, walk 1 block to the left of the hotel and stop in the Walgreens - pick up some snacks, cases of water, wine and beer. While we came back broke from the trip, having some of those items stocked in our room made us not have to give up our 1st born to pay off the credit card bill :)

*Bar/Lounge - The Hotel is apparently the "hot" spot of the area - at night the lobby turns into a nigh club and its definitely on the trendy side. My cute Target sundresses didn't really fit in the with Gucci clad guys wearing sunglasses inside and gals with their tata's hanging out while they were sipping on $15 cocktails :)

*Local eats
Breakfast - Walk to the right of the Hotel and hit up Ben & Jerrys (yes, like the ice cream) They do a great breakfast for like $10-$12.
Punk Burger Bar - Walk to the left. While it says Burger Bar, they do have breakfast for like $8!
Marmalade in Old San Juan. If you are looking for a special, fancy and not cheap night out, take yourself to this restaurant. It was one of the best meals we have ever had.

I think that sums up some of the major points of the trip. Its a great spot, but I don't think we'll be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amy P
Eduardo R, Front Office Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Hola Amy P,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and rating us to be clean, comfortable, and friendly but also giving us some points that we can improve since our guest are our eyes and voice for years to come.

I truly hope that for your next visit to Puerto Rico you would give us another opportunity to be of service and show you all that we have to offer. If I should be of any assistance to you, please contact me at erivera@laconcharesort.com. It would be great to have you stay with us once more.

Eduardo Rivera
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 14 April 2014

From the time we walked into the lobby to sadly leaving five days later, we experienced excellent service, amenities, food, drinks, and accommodations! The bellman at the front entrance were top notch. They remembered all of us and were extremely helpful with suggestions of places to go, see, eat, drink, etc.

The check-in process was fantastic. We upgraded to a suite and loved it! The pools were great and the beach was very nice. The food at the hotel was fabulous. We ate lunch at the pool bar area and had dinner at Voga, the Italian restaurant that was one of my best meals I have had. Everywhere you turned, the service was excellent.

The hotel is located in a great place- easy to walk to restaurants, bars, shopping. It is also a quick cab ride to go to Old San Juan, which is a must see! When we returned from our trip, we were ready to plan the next back to San Juan and stay at La Concha!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CincinnatiTara
Reviewed 10 April 2014

2 times staying in the hotel and coordinating workshops for our employees, Excellent staff attendance from the Banquet group. Special thanks to Mario Giménoz from banquets, he went the extra mile to please us, a group of 26. Front desk, housekeeping staff always with a smile. Definitely will do business again with them. Highly recomended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HumacaoO
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I absolutely loved staying at this hotel. The view from our ocean view room on the fourth floor was spectacular! I could lie in bed and see the ocean crashing and near the incredible soothing sounds of the water. The Perla Restaurant was delicious and stunning in its remarkable beauty. The indoor/outdoor pools were infinity pools with no end and you just felt the peace and tranquility... even when crowded. The food was awesome... a must try are the deep fried bananas with chocolate sauce! Serious addiction! Their guacamole was rocking and the drinks delicious! I could have stayed another week and been absolutely delighted. The location of this hotel is in the heart of San Juan so you have the urban feel on one side of the hotel, and the ocean, surf and sand on the other.... something I have not experienced before...and I loved it! A big shout out to Felix Perez who would greet us daily at the door and his wonderful charming attitude, smiles and pride for his job was remarkable! La Concha, you truly have a gem in this outstanding doorman. I'd love to return to San Juan and visit again! Five star and a must visit!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank SpicyJan
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We loved the hotel.The staff was fantastic. We never had a single problem. They gave us great hints about the surrounding area and some day trips. The hotel is in the middle of the city but once u step in it is exciting and relaxing at the same time. I didn't know what to expect and we had family with us .I was pleasantly surprised. A lot of restaurants were within walking distance. All in all we wanted to stay longer and will come back soon.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family