“Fabulous stay! I plan on returning soon. 5 star property”

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This place is fantastic in every way possible. I was fortunate to use Marriott points for my stay and upgrade to the Ocean View Suite. Check-in was fast and I was able to do so at noon. The staff is extremely pleasant and overly accommodating. The grounds are beautiful - very trendy and the design is chic cosmopolitan. The rooms are spacious and spotless. I honestly can't say anything bad about La Concha. My expectations were exceeded in every way possible. On our last day, I kept thinking about my next visit. I definitely want to return again.

Perfect option for couples (especially those ages 25 - 40). La Concha has the perfect ambiance. very swanky and sexy vibe at night (cabanas, 24 hour pools, cool lounge bar and a casino) - Very South Beach Miami. I'm a big fan.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamrock831

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was lucky to be a guest at an event at "la Concha" I will like to congratulate the staff for the overall service but the food and service at the event was amazing. Thank you Michael Crecian and Manuel Gonzalez and their staff

Room Tip: You never go wrong choosing a beach view but better in the higher floors for quietness
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alvaro I
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had dinner at Perla. Very pretty space and food was good...small portions, but good. Afterwards we stayed and went outside to the outdoor patio and Johannes waited on us. He was a delight, had a great attitude, suggested a few appetizers since we left Perla hungry and they were delicious. They have a great employee who should go far in the Hotel/Restaurant business.

1  Thank Elyse B
Reviewed 4 May 2014

From valet to Nik @ the Lobby Bar just an overall great place to stay. You can wake up on the beautiful beach and stunning pools. Had the Duck Confit Quesadilla to eat which was packed with delicious meat! If you plan to stay in San Juan this is an excellent choice. Has itall.

1  Thank Mike V
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were very happy with our stay at La Concha. We really liked the different pool options and the fact that you didn't need a bracelet to enter and exit the areas. The whole atmosphere was less stuffy then our stay last year in one of the Is La Verde resorts. Really liked that the pools were open 24 hours and there was a security guard posted all night. The beach is lit up all night so it's also safe to go in the ocean for a late night swim. Lots of food and bar options within walking distance. I was a little disappointed with the casino. I understand there are slow nights (Mon & Tues) but there was a good crowd on Wed, Thur and Friday night and there wasn't a Poker game going on. The only announcement requesting a game was when I requested one. I think if you have a game start time and had it posted people would know when to come over to the table.

Room Tip: We had a city view but it was loud and upgraded to an ocean room on the second night...more expensiv...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Corrie B
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed at La Concha Resort during a vacation in San Juan, Puerto Rico. La Concha is in a great location: right on the beach and with great restaurants, bars and a great night scene surrounding. The hotel is chic and modern, there is a bar in the lobby with access to the pool and seating area. At night there is live music and a great crowd in the lobby bar. There is also access to the casino from there. Our hotel room was very clean and I really enjoyed the waterfall shower head! If possible get a room with ocean view, it is truly gorgeous. The food at the hotel is delicious but a bit pricy, but there are great food options outside the hotel (across the street). La Concha will be my "home away from home" on my next trip to PR.

What really made this stay special is the staff, very accommodating and friendly. We were greeted immediately when walking into the hotel, asked how everything was going and if we needed help. I wanted to give special recognition to the valet and bell boys! All were very engaging and helpful! I also wanted to recognize Antonio M. and Alfonso G. for making us feel at home and like we were among friends. Keep it up!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carmen L
Reviewed 2 May 2014

There were 2 selections of rooms: ocean view and city view. Lots of guests were split between each side. Didn't get a chance to see the city view rooms, but heard the rooms in that tower were newer. Ocean view rooms were a bit older, but the beach and ocean view really made up for it. Before you entered your room, you could see the city. We were on the 8th floor. Our door didn't seem to shut well and one day of our stay, the cleaning staff left the door slightly ajar.

Spent time in the bridal suite. Top floor corner with massive open deck. Spacious and awesome. The deck seemed to almost be the same size as the suite itself. Great hot tub in one corner of the deck, although the common complaint was the water was next to scalding. The couple held a few casual get togethers and it easily fit 30+ people.

Easy walk to the pool and the beach. One day, 3 of us ladies, decided to get a massage. One of the girls made a reservation. They set up a space off to the side of the adult pool and brought in massage tables for an outdoor massage. I believe those folks were contracted by the hotel (not 100% sure). 2 out of 3 got good massages. The massage was sort of in the open, but they kept us covered up with a sheet.

Great location, love the accessibility to the beach. High end shops down the block for those who feel like splurging.

Room Tip: Go with the ocean views!
2  Thank Natalie G
Hotel El Convento
#2 of 47 in San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!