“Amazing ocean front view, great staff”

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel from the moment we arrived. We were immediately greeted by the staff and were escorted into the lobby with great smiles! The lobby is grand and beautiful! I love the marble tiles and the decor is excellent! We were assisted by front desk agent Robert and he was very kind and helpful. Since we arrived earlier than expected he assured us that we can leave out bags with the staff and enjoy the amenities of the facility. When we walked into the main pool, it was breathtaking! I love the spacious area around the pool and the bar is very conveniently placed, accessible to all the guests. We walked over to the beach area with their infamous "la concha" and we fell in love. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Beachlovergurl
Write a ReviewReviews (7,670)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Over all, I was super happy with my choice in this resort. I went for a long weekend (thurs-sun) with some girl friends down to PR. First, the suites have a full kitchen, which is amazing because the area is fairly safe and the Walgreens down the street (evidently is magical) has literally everything from eggs to alcohol to toothbrushes. The food prices range from really affordable to super expensive. For example, you can get a cheap $10 break fast in the cafe or pay $26 for the buffet. You can have dinner at the grill or pay $17 for a sushi roll. It's really whatever you want. The downstairs bar was really fun at night and the resort is close enough to take a cab to other night life. The ONLY down side is that the drinks were insanely expensive. I live in Manhattan, and the drinks were comparable to NYC prices. $15 drinks for a cocktail. Overall, A great time and a great experience. With all those infinity pools and amazing beaches, I would def go back here!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank goozy
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I have been here for 6 days and cannot say enough about La Concha. The rooms were extremely well done, above average size, comfortable beds with all the amenities. The employees from the front desk to housekeeping were wonderful. ALL of the restaurants were spectacular, excellent food and ambiance, and fine dining service. The pools were great, and an adult pool was a nice touch, with plenty of pools for the kids. The beach (brown sand) was super clean and gave me a new take on brown sand.....it s just a different color, soft,, no shells, no rocks. Surf was a little high, except today..flat calm. We travel a lot and this was one of the best experiences we've had. As good as the RITZ and much less expense. Great stay.

Room Tip: OCEAN VIEW ROOM A MUST...a little more but worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry S
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This place is fantastic in every way possible. I was fortunate to use Marriott points for my stay and upgrade to the Ocean View Suite. Check-in was fast and I was able to do so at noon. The staff is extremely pleasant and overly accommodating. The grounds are beautiful - very trendy and the design is chic cosmopolitan. The rooms are spacious and spotless. I honestly can't say anything bad about La Concha. My expectations were exceeded in every way possible. On our last day, I kept thinking about my next visit. I definitely want to return again.

Perfect option for couples (especially those ages 25 - 40). La Concha has the perfect ambiance. very swanky and sexy vibe at night (cabanas, 24 hour pools, cool lounge bar and a casino) - Very South Beach Miami. I'm a big fan.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamrock831
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was lucky to be a guest at an event at "la Concha" I will like to congratulate the staff for the overall service but the food and service at the event was amazing. Thank you Michael Crecian and Manuel Gonzalez and their staff

Room Tip: You never go wrong choosing a beach view but better in the higher floors for quietness
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alvaro I
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had dinner at Perla. Very pretty space and food was good...small portions, but good. Afterwards we stayed and went outside to the outdoor patio and Johannes waited on us. He was a delight, had a great attitude, suggested a few appetizers since we left Perla hungry and they were delicious. They have a great employee who should go far in the Hotel/Restaurant business.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elyse B
Reviewed 4 May 2014

From valet to Nik @ the Lobby Bar just an overall great place to stay. You can wake up on the beautiful beach and stunning pools. Had the Duck Confit Quesadilla to eat which was packed with delicious meat! If you plan to stay in San Juan this is an excellent choice. Has itall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel El Convento
#2 of 48 in San Juan
1 mi away
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Address: 1077 Ashford Avenue, San Juan 00907-1128, Puerto Rico (Formerly La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel)
Region: Caribbean > Puerto Rico > San Juan
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Business Hotel in San Juan
#2 On the Beach Hotel in San Juan
#3 Romantic Hotel in San Juan
#4 Luxury Hotel in San Juan
#5 Family Hotel in San Juan
Price Range: £179 - £361 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 4*
Welcome to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, a stunning renovation of one of San Juan's most elegantly chic properties. On a sun-drenched corner of Caribbean beachfront in the most prestigious Condado district, our hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico is an icon of modernist architecture replete with spacious exhilarating decor and detail. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Concha Hotel Renaissance