Don't get me wrong: The hotel is totally fine - nice and clean rooms, an OK beach, etc.... only the pools were indeed outstanding. However, the overall experience was just average. Why? Because for a price tag of >260$ plus I would have expected more.
My biggest concerns were:
- We a had suite, which had a great bedroom, but the living room looked a bit gloomy. We, therefore, never really used it.
- Please, La Concha... don't try to hide your price behind a low price tag and then later on add around 11% tax and around 18% resort fee. Just don't do that. There are more than enough people who are willing to pay high prices, but they feel ripped off when you are not transparent with them.
- The biggest disappointment was probably the area in which the hotel in located. It's directly located at an ugly road with very crappy restaurants and bars. If you like such vacation it's fine, but I personally had hoped for a bit more Caribbean flair.
Overall, La Concha is a decent hotel if you want to stay in San Juan but for whatever reason don't want to stay in the old town. For all beach lovers I would, however, rather recommend to go to a different part of Puerto Rico, e.g. Fajardo, Vieques or Culebra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the La Concha Resort experience, the stunning renovation of one of San Juan's most elegantly chic properties. On a sun-drenched corner of Caribbean beachfront in San Juan's most prestigious Condado district, La Concha is an icon of modernist architecture replete with spacious exhilarating decor and detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Concha Hotel Renaissance
- Renaissance San Juan
- San Juan Renaissance