“Definitely a okay hotel but not so spectacular” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
New York City, New York
“Definitely a okay hotel but not so spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall, this hotel was okay but I must admit that the check in and out process was a bit long and the check in time was 4PM which I think was very late... We wanted to enjoy the beaches after we check-in but unfortunately that would never happen here. Pictures are definitely misrepresenting from my opinion, the actual hotel looks older. The cleaning lady didn't clean up our room unless we told her to do so on a first day which was very disappointing. The towel was kind of dirty - I saw some red and brown stains but the smell was okay so I'm not sure if that was clean or not but it was not a nice feeling to see some stain on my towel. Casino was very fun, we enjoyed it a lot! I wish concierge was little more helpful and available so that we could speak to her without waiting on line a long time.
Hope this helps!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank NYC-TOKYO
Eduardo R, Front Office Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
NYC-Tokio,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing our guest with an excellent hotel experience. Trust me our goal is not just to be one of the best hotel in Puerto Rico but the best the Island had to offer.

Once again, please accept my apologies. I would like to regain your trust and hope you will allow me an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

If the opportunity comes please do not hesitate to contact me at erivera@laconcharesort.com

Eduardo Rivera
Director of Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,284)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

All we can say is WOW! A must stay resort. The staff and service were incredible. My wife and I got away for a few nights to celebrate our 20th. From Maria Ruiz, Yashira Cabret, Victor Rodriguez, and many more of the staff they were terrific! The grounds are immaculate and beautiful. On our anniversary night Maria honored is by having chocolate covered strawberries and wine sent to our room. When we had dinner at Voga, Victor and his team homers is with a complimentary bottle of Spanish red wine. Maria and Victor's team also wrote is each a congratulatory card which they signed. This was our second honeymoon and a gorgeous resort to stay at. Beautiful pools and a gorgeous beach. I could keep on writing. Thank you La Concha. The Mauri's from New York.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grant M
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family & I were treated like royality from the time we arrived to the very minute we signed out. Everyone from the doorman, housekeepers, waiters, bartenders & hotel security were outstanding! i will be recommending this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Our rooms were outstanding. Plenty of pools & the beach was very clean! I plan on returning to t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike R, Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear, CandiandFamily,

Greetings from La Concha Resort and I am glad you and your family had an awesome experience.

Hope to have you back soon.

At your Service,
Mike Rivera
Hotel Manager
mirivera@laconcharesort.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hector was a great server and really made our family's vacation . Without him our experience would not have been nearly as great. Thank you Hector we hope to see you soon. This is my second time staying at la concha. I recommend it to anyone. Have a great day thanks for taking the time to read my review!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank ccockrell1990
Saludos ccockrell 1990,

Thank you for the awesome review of La Concha Resort and I’m glad Hector took super care you he is one of our many shinning stars.

Thank you for your loyalty. See you soon

Mike Rivera
Hotel Manager
mirivera@laconcharesort.com
Wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have so many wonderful things to say about my stay in La Concha. The hotel is gorgeous; its very clean, well kept and the staff are ALL exceptional. I especially want to take the opportunity to thank Cristina Iliarucci. I met Cristina as the concierge of the Ocean Lounge. Cristina is an extremely helpful, loving and kind concierge. She cares deeply for her guests and tries to assure their needs are always met. She welcomes everyone with a sweet smile and is always willing to help in any way she can. Cristina is an excellent example of how to build great relationships with the guests and with staff.
I highly recommend La Concha you will love everything about your stay and you will walk away having met wonderful people!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Patricia S
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Its ALWAYS a great pleasure to be surrounded by excellent service and great people. Visiting La Concha offers that opportunity. The hotel is beautiful and extremely well maintained.
One of the places I truly enjoy is Voga Restaurant right in the hotel. The food is extremely tasty, well prepared and beautifully served. The service is top notch and customer service is key. This is due to the great expectations customary to La Concha staff and especially through the management style by Victor Rodriguez. It is clear Victor cares greatly for the guests and will ensure each person is catered to with the highest detail of excellence. Who can ask for more???

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Patti0624
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great hotel and staff! When i first arrived at the hotel i must admit the check in process was a bit long but made a lot smoother by the bar staff. As i waited for my room to be ready i was served by Jonathan and Hugo at the bar which made me feel right at home. Great team!
The rooms are nice although my air conditioning didnt seem to cool very well. But besides that it was a great stay! The pool area is fantastic and the food is delicious. Awesome staff, location and the hotel is beautiful! A must repeat in the future!

• Stayed June 2014
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,077 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!