La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn(San Juan)
  • Beachfront
7,789 results
All reviewssuite towerfelix perezocean viewlobby barnew towerla concha renaissanceadult poolslidersmain poolbeautiful resortchairs and umbrellasgreat beachconcierge deskresort feefitness centercondado areasolera
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My girlfriends and I stayed at the resort for a bachelorette party and we had the best experience!! The view from our room was unreal, food was delicious, and the staff was really warm and welcoming. Hector was our waiter by the pool and he was so sweet and helpful. Not only was he very attentive but he helped us with our itinerary and even wrote everything down for us and then walked it over to the beach where we were laying! Nestor was great as well and took care of us with seats at the beach.

I miss this place and am definitely planning on going back soon!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

While staying at the La Concha Resort I decided to eat at the Solero restaurant within the hotel. My waiter Hector Torres was amazing. He was very attentive, mixed my drinks well and also recommended places to visit while staying in Puerto Rico. If you ever find yourself at the Solero restaurant ask for Hector, I gaurantee you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I always check TripAdvisor reviews before traveling. I primarily travel with my wife and 2 children, so clean, safe and comfortable are very important. This trip however was business so I went alone (clean, safe and comfortable still applies). Without the chaos of family travel, I had some quiet time on the hotel grounds (some work too), so I decided to review the reviews.
This place is truly amazing. It was a rocking party with a quiet business center offering complimentary computers and printing. The wifi is complimentary throughout the property which is nice because I really don't like being nickel and dimed.
There are several bars and restaurants throughout the property that serve great food and better beverages. The beach is beautiful and the rooms are clean, quiet & comfortable.
The entire staff was professional and courteous, even when the occasional guest was not. If a need arises, you never have to search for assistance, the staff are readily available and eager to help.
When room service requests are made at the front desk the night before or the tag is hung on your doorknob by 4:00 AM, you can rest assured you will have your order within the 15 minute window you choose. Every morning Heidi DeJesus knocked on my door at the exact time I requested (start of 15 min window). I really don't know how they do that because the time was different each day. Heidi is a very pleasant young lady with a warm smile that gets the day started on a high note. When it is time for a full breakfast, VOGA is right down stairs. Try to score a table in Zarina's section because she dislikes an empty coffee cup as much as I do.
Work being work, most of my free time was in the evening. A young man named Andres Rodriguez was manning the front desk at night. If we were talking sports, I would say keep an eye on this kid, he's going to be a star. I watched him jump through hoops for guests and he wanted to do more. He told me he has one semester to finish his hotel management & hospitality degree and you can tell this kid loves it. You can just feel the enthusiasm. Remember the name, he will be running the place in no time.
At night there is a lot going on. In just 7 nights I saw a wedding, a quinceanera (sweet fifteen) and a high school prom. All while the main lobby bar was hopping and the casino was jumping. There's always movement in the valet area as a steady stream of people flow in and out of the hotel. There is security around at key points but they are always cool and professional. There is a fellow named George Ilarraza who is the hotel's security supervisor. I started calling him Colonel Flag because that dude is everywhere. I started to think either he has a twin or he was following me (he wasn't). I ran into him in the fitness center and the pool and by the casino and seemingly everywhere else. That guy is on point!
There is absolutely no doubt that I will return with my whole family.
I am going to request the same room (1020) because it was in the perfect spot. Almost at the center of the property with an outstanding view. A high floor just a few doors down & around the corner from the elevators. I found it to be convenient but far enough away to not hear any elevator activities. I don't know what else to say. If clean, safe and comfortable are on your checklist this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank JPCinNYC
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall, this hotel was okay but I must admit that the check in and out process was a bit long and the check in time was 4PM which I think was very late... We wanted to enjoy the beaches after we check-in but unfortunately that would never happen here. Pictures are definitely misrepresenting from my opinion, the actual hotel looks older. The cleaning lady didn't clean up our room unless we told her to do so on a first day which was very disappointing. The towel was kind of dirty - I saw some red and brown stains but the smell was okay so I'm not sure if that was clean or not but it was not a nice feeling to see some stain on my towel. Casino was very fun, we enjoyed it a lot! I wish concierge was little more helpful and available so that we could speak to her without waiting on line a long time.
Hope this helps!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank NYC-TOKYO
Eduardo R, Front Office Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

NYC-Tokio,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing our guest with an excellent hotel experience. Trust me our goal is not just to be one of the best hotel in Puerto Rico but the best the Island had to offer.

Once again, please accept my apologies. I would like to regain your trust and hope you will allow me an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

If the opportunity comes please do not hesitate to contact me at erivera@laconcharesort.com

Eduardo Rivera
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

All we can say is WOW! A must stay resort. The staff and service were incredible. My wife and I got away for a few nights to celebrate our 20th. From Maria Ruiz, Yashira Cabret, Victor Rodriguez, and many more of the staff they were terrific! The grounds are immaculate and beautiful. On our anniversary night Maria honored is by having chocolate covered strawberries and wine sent to our room. When we had dinner at Voga, Victor and his team homers is with a complimentary bottle of Spanish red wine. Maria and Victor's team also wrote is each a congratulatory card which they signed. This was our second honeymoon and a gorgeous resort to stay at. Beautiful pools and a gorgeous beach. I could keep on writing. Thank you La Concha. The Mauri's from New York.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple