“Excellent service”

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My stay in this hotel is always enjoyable. It is extremely well situated in San Juan, being in Condado, near great places to hang out like La Placita and Old San Juan. Also the service here is always excellent. Everyone is super nice and attentive. At the uper deck of the pool area we were attended by Hector Torres who made us feel like we were right at home. I recomend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,307)
  • Polish first
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Enjoyed my stay at La Concha! The rooms were nice, however the ocean view room made it much nicer. All the staff were kind and fun, however Hector treated us like family. He was very attentive to our needs and had a great personality! I must agree with with Blair 319 all the staff were great! Loved Old San Juan, a must see!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel grounds are clean and the staff is very friendly. Our room faced the city (still a nice view). My girlfriend enjoyed our time at the happy hours at the lobby bar with mellow music until the club atmosphere takes over later in the evening! Justin Bieber was staying there one night, which of course included a number of fans in the lobby. The pool and beach grounds are clean. Cant help but notice the demolished building nearby.

We dined at La Perla one night and it was by far one of the best chef tasting we ever had but I strongly advise you not to eat at the tapas place outside.

I would recommend La Concha to friends but Im not sure we would return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mike R, Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear jokelly22,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort.

If you would like to discuss your experience further or I can be assistance please feel free to.

Mike Rivera
Hotel Manager
mirivera@laconcha resort.com
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Renaissance La Concha (in the Condado area of San Juan) has a perfect oceanfront location, lots of restaurants nearby, an active casino, and beautiful pools. The rooms are nice but not luxurious. Overall the individuals providing service were very friendly and did their jobs well (excellent housekeeper, great guys out front, friendly security officers, wonderful service by Esteban in the Ocean Lounge) but it is best to lower your expectations from where the hotel has been in previous years. The Ocean Lounge, as of June 9, 2014, is no longer available to Marriott Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Premier Elite members. So the lovely benefit of loyalty--a nice breakfast and some evening snacks--has gone away at this hotel. The adult-only pool closed every day of our stay at 3 PM for private events, so we had to use pools filled with babies and toddlers who are wearing diapers, effectively turning a pretty pool into a nice-looking outdoor toilet. The lobby live music in the evenings was so loud that you could still hear it outside at the beach, a considerable distance--and it wasn't even Puerto Rican salsa music, but what appeared to be a Beatles cover band (we had hoped for salsa music!!) It was impossible to speak with the agents at the lobby desk or to the bartenders, much less have a conversation with family or friends. The beds need replacing, although the linens seemed new. The TV didn't work, even after several visits by the engineering department. Because I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years, I really see a disintegration in the level of quality one expects at a Renaissance property. I can recommend it for its location, the friendliness of staff, and feeling safe & secure--just don't have high expectations or expect any benefits as a Marriott Rewards Elite member.

Room Tip: Pay extra for oceanfront rooms but don't expect a real balcony--unless you get a suite.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank WhyNotLeaveHome
Saludos WhyNotLeaveHome,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments regarding your stay at La Concha Hotel and that you were please with the friendliness of our staff and housekeeping. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you encountered.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns regarding the hotel service so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience.

We look forward to having you back in our hotel if I can be any assistance please feel free to contact me.

At your service,

Mike Rivera
Hotel Manager
La Concha Resort
mirivera@laconcharesprt.com
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a nice hotel but careful with little ones as beach has really strong currents.

I stayed in Dec 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Pools are very nicely heated and perfect for family vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mckaster
Virginia Beach, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Everything was great except for the late check in...we waited over 2 hours for our room to be ready. While we waited, we found the pool to start drinking! Our waiter Hector was fantastic!!!!! He quickly turned things around for us as he served up drinks! Being a waitress myself, I always notice how other servers work and he definitely does a great job! The infinity pool was my favorite, so relaxing and gorgeous!!! The rooms were okay, I've definitely seen nicer. Our room had old food from a previous stay (half loaf of bread, open box of cereal and ramen noodles)? So gross. I didn't get to check out any of the restaurants there being that I was always busy with wedding stuff at night but the menu looked delicious! I loved how there was always something to do (never a dull time) and the whole staff was so friendly and helpful!!! :) La Concha definitely has the best staff over all resorts I've ever stayed at by far!!!! Overall I had a great time, I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone traveling to PR! Awesome job to the staff! Thank you!!!

-Blair R.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Blair_319
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to PR. The team I traveled with was all about food and culture. Well this was the place to stay ... The hotel itself was beautiful. The rooms were spa like.... The sound of the waves putting us to sleep every night was a perk of staying on the oven view side of the hotel. The staff treated us respectfully yet like family , like Felix, the staff member who warmly greeted us every day when we left the hotel and welcomed us back. The sound of the tree frogs at night was incredible. From the pools and palms to the sand and surf and everything between This is the place to stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,113 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!