“STAY AWAY!!!!”

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Owww.... I'm trying to write the best review but all i can say is dont bother yourself and dont go there... just dont.... the customer service was so awful, the rooms were not so clean, the pool was dirty . yuk!!! really really dirty! the towels are dirty... ow god it was really bad. we stayed at the tower suites after upgrading our room... we didnt check in before 4:00PM!!! we arrived at the hotel at 11AM. on our second night we asked the concierge to reserve restaurant for us and he never did!! we arrived at the restaurant a group of 6 people and the restaurant said they never made the reservation for us! I contacted the concierge manager (Michael) the morning after and asked why does it happened... he game me some cheap excuse that they left me a message in my room, i went upstairs- no messages. i told him that i left them my cell number... Michael was rude and his customer service is very poor. i have so much more, but i just going to leave this little review and will suggest everyone to stay away form this hotel. the team is not nice and never smiled to you. make sure you check your bill as they put on our room charges that wasn't ours and never get back to us with the issue.... please safe your money to a different hotel and even go to a different area as the beach is nothing but just look like the beach in long island.... ow and before i booked this hotel i read all the reviews... and now i believe that all the positive reviews were made by the hotel.

4  Thank anna s
Eduardo R, Front Office Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Anna S,

Thank you for your reviewing our resort and for sharing your comments and concerns about your recent stay. It is extremely important for us to receive feedback regarding our service and overall quality of the hotel as this enables us to identify and correct areas needing improvement since we are always looking for better ways to delight our guest.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the incidents that affected your stay.
Honestly I was a bit shocked by your review. As soon as I read it I called and discussed the incident with our Concierge Manager, Mr. Michael Tischler who is responsible for this area and has always maintained a great communication and service with our entire guest and has had great reviews for going above and beyond.

I would certainly like to know the details of the incident and discuss some discrepancies in this matter. Please contact me at the information below at the time of your convenience or provide me the information to reach you.

Sincerely and remaining at your services,

Eduardo Rivera
Director of Guest Services

There are newer reviews for La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I just returned from a weekend at La Concha. The hotel is in a great location; there are shops and restaurants right outside. We did have trouble with check in, our room was supposed to have been ready early, but we ended up having a 3 hour wait. The beach is just out back, there are several pools, and a casino in the front of the hotel. All tower rooms are suites, which accomodated our group well. The room always felt a little damp, I live in Florida, so I'm used to humidity, but this was a constant wetness, even though part of the room would get cold from the a/c. Our room faced the front of the hotel which overlooked the city. You could hear music going until 4-5am, which was loud enough to keep me awake. Overall, it was a good stay and I would stay here with a group again. There were families present, but I would not travel with my family to this hotel.

1  Thank Blair B
Eduardo R, Front Office Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Blair B,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us and share your experience with the La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort. Even though, I didn’t have a chance to meet you in person, I would like to apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Sometimes an early check in is out of our hands but we should it give you all the option we have for you to start enjoying our great facilities.

I would like to regain your trust and hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Eduardo Rivera
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Laconcha was every bit of amazing it has 3 infinity pools, hot tubes, cabanas, plenty of relaxation space by the pool/resort areas, fitness center etc. just to name a few. The beach and the beach view was amazing. The food was great as well you are served no matter where you are on the beach or resort❤️❤️The lobby is beautiful and my room was superb. The only thing is my jets didn't work in the bath tub, I called the front desk and the engineer came right away and fixed it but it worked that one time and didn't work again the next morning. Wasn't a biggie then because I was leaving that day. But I will def be back with my children, I loved it.. EVERYONE was really nice and friendly staff and guest just a friendly environment.

Room Tip: The ocean view is worth it .the hotel us just beautiful amazing and fun.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Collinstravel7911
Reviewed 18 August 2014

we were able to check in early around 1 or 2 PM. While we waited for our room we went out for breakfast and then took a long nap by the pool. We were conveniently called on our cell phone when the room was ready. We stayed at an ocean front room with a balcony on the 12th floor. This floor was great as it had views from front and back of room and also felt safe as there was a extra locked gate after elevators. We loved our room, sheets were nice and clean and the bed was super comfy with lots of pillows.
The bathroom was really nice but we took note that the door looked grimy like it had not been cleaned in a while (the usual dark spots from dirty finger prints). We were happy to see a rain shower in addition to the hand held shower head but we were disappointed with the water pressure. The disappointment was only enough to take notice but not to make a complaint. We are really low maintenance.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank girlonlinefrombosron
Luis R, General Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel. I certainly appreciate you staying with us and I am glad you enjoyed your room and its views. Great to read that you felt safe as we take safety very serious at La Concha. Please accept my apologies though for the condition of your bathroom door and water pressure. Your comments will be forwarded to our Engineering team to be fixed immediately. I would love to have you back in the near future.

Saludos,

Luis R. Rivera
lrivera@laconcharesort.com

Reviewed 18 August 2014

La Concha was recommended by friends who visit P.R. 2 times a year. The hotel is in a great location with casual and upscale stores and restaurants right out the front door. Check in was easy, however, our rooms were not ready until 5:30. The tower rooms are all suites and very spacious and clean. The lobby is lively with a large bar and lots of different seating areas. There are many eating options at the hotel. Out the back toward the pool area is beautiful with hundreds of potted flowering plants! There are 4 seperate pools with plenty of seating. We were a little dissapointed in the very small pools, especially the one by the beach which was dirty all week. We were told it was from suntan lotion, however, another worker said the motor was not running correctly. They should have closed it as the water was brown with frothy liquid. The workers were all very nice and attentive. Great service by the pool and the beach. The ocean is extremely rough. Prior to our trip we read about multiple drownings at this paricular beach. On our 6th day we unfortunately heard screaming from the beach as there was almost another drowning. There are no life guards and it is a public beach. Definitely recommend staying at La Concha for a great hotel in a great location!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and submitting your review. Our goal is to provide you with a memorable guest experience and I'm sorry we were not able to exceed your expectations with our pools. I will share your comments with our staff so we can focus on improving. Thank you for the recommendation. I hope you will join us again soon.

Saludos,

Luis R. Rivera
lrivera@laconcharesort.com

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just returned from a six day stay at La Concha in San Juan. Can't say enough about the staff, especially Michael Tischler, who was so helpful, and always ready to assist us. Jonathan the bartender in the lobby bar was so nice, friendly and made the best drinks. Rachael our server at the pool was also friendly and attentive. This is our third time in Puerto Rico, we usually stay at the El San Juan but we will definitely return to La Concha. Great location, beautiful pools and lovely beach.

Room Tip: Tower suites are beautiful.
1  Thank Mfrr1
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just got back from a week in puerto rico and spent the last half of it at La Concha. The grounds/pools and facilites were beautifully maintained and the view of the ocean is fabulous. What made the stay especially enjoyable was how friendly the staff was from the moment we arrived until we left. Valet, wait staff and maids and desk were all very personable with the highlight being Felix Perez (valet) greeting us and our children with high fives each morning when we were leaving to see the island. You will not be dissapointed here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Hotel El Convento
#2 of 47 in San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!