“Hector Torres is your man”

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The noble craft of service can oftimes feel like a dying art, but at La Concha, the staff keeps that flame lit. Joshua, the 'navigator,' is a Concierge with all of the polish and local knowledge you'd hope for. Ricardo, Letiticia, Nicole, Miguel and Ahmed add pizzazz to the exquisite Perla Restaurant. And poolside, Hector Torres goes way beyond to deliver a kind of personalized service that's driven by finesse and true passion for the job. His ethic reflects joy and enthusiasm without being obsequious or overbearing. When you're vacation, a man like that puts your mind more at ease. In short, beyond the sexy, modern design, cool pools and ideal location, the heart of La Concha is it's people. From Felix's welcoming high-fives at the bell stand to Chef Lindell Smith's sublime tasting menu, San Juan paradise is alive at La Concha.

Room Tip: We have 5 kids. 773 and 774 are adjoining rooms with balconies and plenty of room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J_Tesauro

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

What can I not say? Great hotel. Ocean view was stunning. Great location. We walked a lot. Great restaurants in the resort as well as within walking distance. The service was great without being too pushy or overwhelming. We said we would go back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cecil D
Reviewed 20 August 2014

So we did not stay at the hotel and cannot speak to anything but the bar in the lobby. WE walked in after walking around San Juan all day and ordered a beer. First of all it took forever to be waited on even though there were maybe only 2 other people there. They gave us our beer and the check immediately. The bartender gave us dirty looks and would not come back over to see if we needed another drink. Needless to say we did not tip or have another drink there. If this is how the hotel is run, no thank you

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank indieannabish
Luis R, General Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Indieannabish,

Thank you for sharing your review. I apologize for a tainted experience while visiting our Lobby Bar. Our philosophy at La Concha is to ensure and create a personalized visit for each guest. Your review has me very curious to the details of the inconveniences endured. I ask to please contact me, that I may inquire in any of our shortcomings and immediately address them to our team members so we can revisit our approach

I look forward to hear from you and hope you will give us another chance when you are back in San Juan so we can show you a true La Concha experience.

Saludos,

Luis R. Rivera
lrivera@laconcharesort.com

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We love the hotel. This is our 5th time and we only stay here when In San Juan. We were a little disappointed this time as we arrived super early and they still made us wait until 4 to check in while every other time they accommodated us. It's still a great hotel and it's just right for what we want when visiting. Amazing location, great rooms with views, decent hotel food, and the absolutely best and most courteous Felix Perez to greet you and assist with your check in and check out who guarantees a smile on your face. He absolutely makes our days brighter. Make sure you ask to meet him when you stay. We love him!!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I were here with a family vacation that totaled 14 people.
Taxi ride from airport took less than 20 minutes. The hotel was nice enough to allow an early check-in. The room was excellent, with a fantastic ocean view (even with the dirty windows). Room had a great bluetooth stereo and a nice sitting area near the window, with that great view. Plenty of towels and good quality toiletries.No complaints with the room.
The majority of the property appeared to be well kept. I truly liked the quality & quantity of towels available to all pool goers. The available ice water in the pool area was also well liked. Hotel bar is very nice and really picks up Thursday through Saturday nights. Drinks were so-so. $9 for a small Bacardi/coke is not cheap, but very common for a hotel bar.
I did not try any of the hotel's restaurants, so no comment on these.
The $32/day resort fee was a little surprising.
There is one adult pool. It would be nice if staff reminded parents of this when parents do not observe this rule. There are three other family-friendly swimming pools available to guests.
Location of this hotel was also great. Many restaurants available nearby. I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pilozm
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Owww.... I'm trying to write the best review but all i can say is dont bother yourself and dont go there... just dont.... the customer service was so awful, the rooms were not so clean, the pool was dirty . yuk!!! really really dirty! the towels are dirty... ow god it was really bad. we stayed at the tower suites after upgrading our room... we didnt check in before 4:00PM!!! we arrived at the hotel at 11AM. on our second night we asked the concierge to reserve restaurant for us and he never did!! we arrived at the restaurant a group of 6 people and the restaurant said they never made the reservation for us! I contacted the concierge manager (Michael) the morning after and asked why does it happened... he game me some cheap excuse that they left me a message in my room, i went upstairs- no messages. i told him that i left them my cell number... Michael was rude and his customer service is very poor. i have so much more, but i just going to leave this little review and will suggest everyone to stay away form this hotel. the team is not nice and never smiled to you. make sure you check your bill as they put on our room charges that wasn't ours and never get back to us with the issue.... please safe your money to a different hotel and even go to a different area as the beach is nothing but just look like the beach in long island.... ow and before i booked this hotel i read all the reviews... and now i believe that all the positive reviews were made by the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank anna s
Eduardo R, Front Office Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Anna S,

Thank you for your reviewing our resort and for sharing your comments and concerns about your recent stay. It is extremely important for us to receive feedback regarding our service and overall quality of the hotel as this enables us to identify and correct areas needing improvement since we are always looking for better ways to delight our guest.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the incidents that affected your stay.
Honestly I was a bit shocked by your review. As soon as I read it I called and discussed the incident with our Concierge Manager, Mr. Michael Tischler who is responsible for this area and has always maintained a great communication and service with our entire guest and has had great reviews for going above and beyond.

I would certainly like to know the details of the incident and discuss some discrepancies in this matter. Please contact me at the information below at the time of your convenience or provide me the information to reach you.

Sincerely and remaining at your services,

Eduardo Rivera
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I just returned from a weekend at La Concha. The hotel is in a great location; there are shops and restaurants right outside. We did have trouble with check in, our room was supposed to have been ready early, but we ended up having a 3 hour wait. The beach is just out back, there are several pools, and a casino in the front of the hotel. All tower rooms are suites, which accomodated our group well. The room always felt a little damp, I live in Florida, so I'm used to humidity, but this was a constant wetness, even though part of the room would get cold from the a/c. Our room faced the front of the hotel which overlooked the city. You could hear music going until 4-5am, which was loud enough to keep me awake. Overall, it was a good stay and I would stay here with a group again. There were families present, but I would not travel with my family to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Blair B
Eduardo R, Front Office Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Blair B,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us and share your experience with the La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort. Even though, I didn’t have a chance to meet you in person, I would like to apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Sometimes an early check in is out of our hands but we should it give you all the option we have for you to start enjoying our great facilities.

I would like to regain your trust and hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Eduardo Rivera

Hotel El Convento
#2 of 47 in San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!