“A last minute find turned out to be better than...”
other travellers have booked this property
Queen Size Bed Sectional in Living area open to Balcony
Dining table
Open Concept
Living Kitchen
Bathroom with ocean view
View outside bathroom window….
Bathroom
Shower curtain and towels
Dining
Plenty of light!
Dining with view to balcony
Lots of natural light on the 6th floor
Overall view of studio
Granite Counters
Balcony view facing East…
Balcony view facing East with partial Atlantic Ocean view
Balcony facing East with El Yunque in the distance
Balcony view facing south
Balcony facing south west looking over the neighborhood of Ocean Park
Balcony facing west towards Condado in the distance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Jacqui S
“A last minute find turned out to be better than our original hotel booking!”
Reviewed 1 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

When the hotel my spouse and I had booked contacted us to inform us they were shutting down for remodeling 5 days before we were meant to check in, I was convinced we'd have to cancel our vacation entirely. Luckily my mother-in-law happened upon Chris and Eli's listing and we were able to book the studio apartment the same day. All I can say is, I was very impressed with the studio.

The studio itself was very clean and had just about everything we could ever need on a vacation, and then some. The owners even provided a cooler, beach towels, and chairs! The kitchen was supplied with dinnerware, a microwave, toaster, blender, and cookware, so all we had to do was buy some groceries at the local supermarket to save on meals. The balcony provided a gorgeous view of the surrounding community, and it was always nice to wind down and feel the breeze after a long day. It also was very convenient to have a washer in the unit to rinse and spin our bathing suits, though there is a coin laundry in the community a short walk from the unit. The unit itself is located literally across the block from the ocean; steps lead over a short wall and then you're right at the beach!

The owners were very accommodating and informative throughout our stay. Chris and I mainly communicated via email, and he was very speedy in his responses. He even contacted us to make sure we had enough water (the city was shutting off water at various times throughout the day to save water due to drought), but we never had any problems throughout our week-long stay. The property manager was welcoming and pleasant as she met us when we landed to give us the keys to the unit. She gave us a quick tour and recommended a few good spots to eat. Overall, the studio turned out to be way better than I ever expected, and I definitely plan on contacting the owners again when we plan another trip to Puerto Rico!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
4 Jun 2015
We are very happy you were able to keep your vacation and look forward to your next visit! Always a pleasure to assist any way possible.
Our Best,
Chris and Eli
smoky10
gainesville,fl
“Affordable Yes/Luxury No”
Reviewed 26 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

I stayed a week and got what I paid for. It's affordably priced but not luxurious.
The rattan furniture was useless, which made using it impossible, so having the living room area was worthless.
Chris, the owner, said he plans to replace it. I hope soon! Chris is one of the nicest people you could ever meet and and very concerned with pleasing his guests so I'm sure he will address the studios shortcomings.
The bathroom is tiny and there's no power outlet or area to put your toiletries.
The balcony ocean view requires that you stand for when you're seated you can't see the view.
The television is small with no premium channels.
The blanket doesn't fit the bed, it's too small for 2 people. The bed wasn't up to its rating from a review I read, one side of it is collapsed.
The neighborhood I liked. It is a block from Ocean Park Beach, but the waves there are rough and there are much nicer beaches to go to.
There was an alarm that stayed on for 2 day's from the building which was very disturbing. Try sleeping with the noise which resonated clearly into the studio which was on the 6th floor!
It is a safe place to stay! There are keys for the gate, door and elevator.
The breeze is fantastic, you don't really need the a/c, but I did use it. If you use it don't put it on economy mode for it will be extremely loud, but if you use the regular on mode it's fine.
There's a washer, but no dryer, go figure. So I never used it.
The floor is tile and by the end of the week there was so much sand on the floor that I had to constantly brush the bottom of my feet off, especially before getting into bed, which filled with sand regardless.
Did I mention the barking dogs and jet noise waking me up in the morning!
If I knew before what I know now, I would have stayed somewhere else!
But Chris is awesome and I feel bad telling it like it was. He was even nice enough to give me a ride to the airport which makes writing this honest review make me feel like I'm betraying him! I really like him!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Apr 2015
We always appreciate the ability to respond to our guest reviews. I think it is always best for future guests to read all reviews in order to get a true sense of the space.

The furniture mentioned above is a sectional spacious enough to seat four adults. It is comfortable and relatively new. I’m not sure what makes it useless. It fits that space perfectly.

The bathroom has a generous walk in shower with ocean view, a toilet and sink. There is a power outlet at the light switch which must have been overlooked by the guest. The sink sits on a base with plenty of space to accommodate toiletries.

The flat screen television is the correct size for the living room. The cable channels provided include both local programming as well as the major networks. There is also a DVD player for guests that enjoy watching movies. Walgreens has a DVD rental service.

Although the blanket was queen sized for the queen sized bed we have since replaced it.

The bed is a queen size platform bed. The bed did not collapse as indicated in the review. It appears that the guest either walked or jumped on the bed which moved the slats out of place. This is the first time that anything like this has happened and I wish I received a call about it.

The studio is located in a beach area. There is sand at the beach. If you don’t wipe your feet when coming home you will track sand onto the floor. There is a broom and dustpan in the kitchen just in case…

External noises are out of our control. The studio is 10 minutes from the airport however it is not in the flight path of jets. Perhaps the jet noise was confused with the coastguard helicopters that randomly patrol the island beaches.

Please do not feel any sense of betrayal. I understand that not every guest will appreciate the space as much as we do.

Chris & Eli
Headk70
Temecula, California
“Beautiful, functional and fantastic, did I mention beautiful!?!”
Reviewed 8 March 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

The apartment was a dream. All of the furnishings and the amenities were excellent. Gated and inside of a gated community, felling safe was not an issue. Loved the bed, very comfy. Kitchen lacking nothing. Beach chairs and towels were provided, also with a cooler for beverages for the beach. The prevailing breezes made the apt. comfortable even in the heat of the day, and beautiful at night, no AC was needed. The views from the balcony were fantastic, and very relaxing during morning coffee. The only downside was caused by a transformer blowing in the neighborhood late night. This caused us not to have water or use of the elevator overnight. Chris was fantastic in his response to my text about the power, late at night. He brought over gallons of water for personal hygiene and offered use of his own home facilities. That is what I call hospitality! The issue was rectified by mid morning, so no harm no foul. I am already searching for flights for my next two trips back. I'll be sure to stay in this beautiful, warm, cozy, modern and well appointed home away from home. Thanks again Chris! See you soon!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to beach, restaurants and having everything that was needed to relax...
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Mar 2015
We are very happy you enjoyed our studio in Ocean Park and truly look forward to your next visit to Puerto Rico! It was a pleasure meeting you. Our Best, Chris & Eli
vanWindt
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“excellent accommodation with excellent hosts”
Reviewed 12 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

With this I would like to thank Christopher & Eli for making our stay in Puerto Rico our best vacation. The accommodation has everything you want, to make your stay as being at home. The studio is very spacious. They are very helpfull, relaxed and very kind hosts. If you need any assitance before and during your stay, they are always approachable to make your stay as comfortable. The location is perfect. There are many restaurants, banks, pharmacies and shops in the direct area. The beach is just a few minutes walk. Public buses are just outside mcleary avenue to take you as far as Isla Verde, Condado and Old San Juan. At Calle Loiza are buses that can take you in the direction of Plaza Las Americas. A walk to Condado only takes 15-20 minutes from the mcleary avenue or even via a beach walk from Ocean Park. Our recommendation goes beyond tripadvisor. We will surely book this studio again.

We appreciate your service,

Thanks,
Glenn & Jessica

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We liked everything, but we really did enjoy the service and sincere kindness
Liked least: nothing, we have experienced a perfect vacation to celabrate the holidays and Jessica's 50th birthday
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Jan 2015
We are truly happy you enjoyed your stay in Ocean Park and look forward to seeing you both on your next visit to Puerto Rico! All our Best.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing