“An affordable way to stay a block from the beach”

Coqui del Mar Guest House
Ranked #5 of 29 San Juan B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“An affordable way to stay a block from the beach”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I loved my time at Coqui Del Mar. I was visiting San Juan for vacation and the location is great. It takes just a few minutes to get to Coqui Del Mar from the airport - and its not far from the tourist spots (if that's what you are looking for). The apartments are comfortable - with lots of great features (we had an Apple TV in ours). Wifi was good too which is great for planning your excursions.

I stayed part of my time without a rental car - and part of it with a rental car (so that I could drive into the Jungle) and parking was a snap.

The manager (Noyda) is super friendly and has great recommendations for restaurants.

I can't wait to go back - and I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank hieggelke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Coqui Del Mar the first week of June 2013. Noyda and her staff were phenomenal and took great care of us. The hotel isn't in downtown Old San Juan, it's a $ .75 bus trip or $12-ish taxi trip, but that's exactly what we wanted. There weren't a lot of tourists in the hotel's immediate surroundings so we got to hear a lot of Spanish although everything at the hotel was in English. The beach is a block from the hotel and isn't very crowded. We preferred staying at the beach by the hotel as opposed to going closer to Old San Juan because it was so much quieter.

We stayed in the La Concha room and had a great bathroom, very comfortable bed, and nice kitchen area. Beach towels were provided so don't waste the space in your suitcase by packing your own! I would definitely recommend buying breakfast supplies just to save some money and to use the amenities provided.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to families, couples, friends, anyone--and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is very small and I think most rooms were pretty quiet. The La Concha room was on the seco...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lgroat
Connecticut
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I took a group of five students to Puerto Rico to do volunteer work at Save a Sato and I am so glad that the organization recommended Coquí del Mar to me. It was everything I was hoping for. The rooms are super clean and you couldn't ask for more hospitality. I didn't get to know Noyda well because she left on vacation the day after we arrived, but I had the privilege of getting to know both Rob (the owner) and Estee (the housekeeper) and enjoyed long chats with both of them. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel that cares this much about the guests' experience with them. It felt like we were staying with friends. It's also great because it is about a two minute walk to the beach. Because the property is behind a locked gate, I felt very comfortable letting my students hang out in the courtyard or use the jacuzzi at night, knowing the were safe even when I was in my room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ElenaConnecticut
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My daughter and fiancé and many of their friends stayed here during their wedding festivities. Many, many thanks go out to Noyda and Robert and Etsy for making everyone comfortable and happy and stress-free during a very busy time. The place is lovely and spotlessly clean. Rooms have everything you need to feel at home. The residential neighborhood is shaded with trees and only a very short walk to the beach. Only wish I had stayed there as well! But I did spend a lot of time there pre and post wedding and can say it helped make our special occasion very memorable!

• Stayed May 2013
Ventura, CA
Reviewed 3 June 2013

What an incredible place to stay if you want to live amongst the natives and get a first-hand awareness of a true San Juan. Noyda, the manager, was more than helpful with great information on tours and excursions. Lots of fun things to do here. I know my family is going back. Thanks Noyda.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lawrence Y
Worms, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Noyda and the team at Coqui del Mar were very friendly and accomodating. I stayed for a week in a very busy season so had to move around a bit. They helped me with my luggage and even let me use their laundry facilities. Great recommendations on things to do in the area.

Room Tip: Go with el Pesco...simply the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RDC739
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Best guest house experience I had in my life.

I stayed in the "El Sol" package from April 21st to April 29th with 8 other people. All I have is good things to say about Noyda, Robert, and Etsy from Coqui Del Mar.

I spoke with Robert via email and he answered my MANY questions quickly, always in professional manner. NEVER did I get any sass during our emails.

Noyda was like a gift from heaven. She was such a great part of the stay at Coqui Del Mar. Her personality and service was better than any 5 star hotel I've been to. She is in charge of the Guesthouse and all its glory.
Noyda is all of these traits: sweet, helpful, humble, warm, friendly, love-able, professional, understanding, and much much more. I plan to come at least once every other year to share the cozy environment they offer.

Etsy is the amazing housemaid that cleans the ENTIRE guesthouse. She is extremely hardworking and never misses a spot. She is the 2nd sweetest person (first being Noyda) at Coqui Del Mar. Etsy made sure all 9 of us were happy and that we had clean sheets and towels whenever needed. She even gave me and my party advice on places to go during our stay.

The guesthouse was very clean. Even the jacuzzi was kept tidy at all times. My personal favorite part of the stay was being able to wash my clothes in the laundry room. The guest house has a great location in a small gated community where the beach, supermarket, and park are all a 5 minute walk away.

One great thing I should mention about Noyda is her ability to multitask. Noyda was always hard at work BUT always managed to aid me at any time. She knows her business well and gave me helpful answers at any time.

Going to Coqui Del Mar has to be the best part of my stay in Puerto Rico.

• Stayed April 2013
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
The Dreamcatcher
The Dreamcatcher
#2 of 29 in San Juan

Been to Coqui del Mar Guest House? Share your experiences!