“Amazing food and service”

Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,026 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: To preserve the Marmalade experience at the respect of our patrons the age requirement for children is 7 years or older. Marmalade serves tasting menus only of 4,5,or 6 courses. Guests are allowed to select their own course thus creating an individualized tasting menu. Each tasting menu at the table may be different. We don't offer a Ala Carte format for dining. Dinner will take a minimum of two hours at your Leisure. Groups of 6 people or more will be invited to taste Chef's seasonal tasting menu of 15 courses. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
“Amazing food and service”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had heard nothing but good things about this restaurant so we knew that when we would be staying in old san juan the night before out cruise we had to try it. First off the atmosphere was great very upscale, inviting, and relaxing. We were greeted by our server Eddie who was so great to us one of the best waiters we have ever experienced he was so helpful in guiding us through all the amazing culinary treats. Then came the food you absolutely have to try the tasting menu we did the 5 course everything is so great you simply can't go wrong whatever you chose the flavor combinations are out of this world. Chef Peter and his team have created the perfect dining experience. I would travel back to San Juan just to eat here.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank jmoney931

Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband & I have eaten at many "5 star" restaurants. Marmalade is the best that we can remember. We read a review, called for a reservation that evening and were able to get in at 9:00. The staff was friendly, efficient, very knowledgeable and far from being stuffy. We did the 5 course tasting, one with wine. Each course was better than the last. And the wine pairings were excellent! The only down side was that we cleaned our plates for the first 3 courses which made the last two difficult to finish. I cannot remember the last time I wanted to continue eating and just couldn’t. Do not miss if you are in old San Juan!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kerstin M
Newton, Massachusetts
“Great food, lots of character”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Definitely a memorable experience-- when you first walk in, it's like an ultra-hipster LA scene from the early 2000's. Coming from New England, the booty skirts and platform heels are definitely remarkable, and much more prevalent at this upscale locale than other restaurants around old San Juan. Nonetheless, everyone who worked there was incredibly friendly and accommodating even though we didn't necessarily appear to be oozing money ;)
The food was really amazing-- almost all of the dishes were creative blends of different flavors; we had the ceviche, which was mouthwatering, and my friend and I were practically fighting over the last bite, the golden beet salad (I really love golden beets, but this wasn't my favorite), and the pasta special with broccolini and sausage. And the white bean soup! That was heavenly!!! I can't say enough how delicious that soup is! We shared an order, and they were kind enough to serve them in small espresso cups, which I think we both licked clean.
The owner/chef was walking around with his family, stopping to talk to each of the tables, which I thought was a really nice, personal touch for such a place. He also brought by a complimentary portion of the truffled papardelle with braised beef, which we thoroughly enjoyed, and appreciated as well.
The cocktail menu also has creative drinks-- I enjoyed all three of mine. Definitely recommend it!

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank fuzzbrain
Massapequa, New York
“Best dinner of my life”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was told that Marmalade is a "do not miss" in San Juan, so when I was on a cruise that stopped there last December I made a reservation. I emailed Chef Peter beforehand to see how much time I should set aside and also to let him know about a food allergy. He assured me that he could easily work around it. My friends had advised me to go with the tasting menu and wine pairings, and to ask Chef Peter to select the courses and surprise me. That was the right move. Each course outdid and perfectly complemented the previous course, and the wines paired with each were perfectly selected. It was a little pricey, but well worth it. This is a place I will absolutely visit again.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank NYDave62
midwest
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went to Marmalade due to high ratings on TripAdvisor and had an outstanding and memorable meal. The tasting menu was fun and we got to try several of the restaurant's best dishes. The wine parings complimented each particular dish beautifully. Don't miss it if you like good food - we'll definitely return when we make it back to SJ.

• Visited March 2014