“An Excellent Birthday Dinner”

Buenos Ayres Bar & Grill
Ranked #104 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

For my 23rd birthday, my family and I travelled to Puerto Rico. My parents were here about seven months ago, and I heard nothing but great things about this restaurant. Naturally, I had to check it out for myself and decided to eat there for my birthday. We started off with the fried cheese, which was sinful and delicious. For my main course I chose the Churassco skirt steak with rice and beans. Again, it was delicious. The sauce that goes with the steak is to die for. Garlic, cilantro, and lime...what could be better? The atmosphere was nice, although the music was a little too loud. The waiter was very friendly and helpful and everything came out in a timely matter. Though the restaurant is on the pricier side, I guarantee it is worth every penny spent!

1  Thank Brimorgan612

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This restaurant was overpriced. I paid $50 for two people. The Puerto Rican sampler (an appetizer big enough to share) was all deep-fried and everything tasted as though it had been cooked in the same vegetable oil as their crab dishes, so all tasted and smelled alike. Very gross! Other dishes might be delicious, but stay away from that one.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here last night after being out all day on a tour. The food was awesome and Jesus, our waiter, was very friendly and personable. Will have to come here again on my next trip to Puerto Rico!

2  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 7 April 2014

great food, prices to match, waiter responsive but not hovering over us. Wish we had eaten there three times instead of only once.

1  Thank CMS_on_vacation
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Food is good, overpriced but so is everyone else in the area. Service is good with valet parking. Good place for a family dinner or lunch .