“Cramped place with overcooked food”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Ranked #102 of 1,034 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Cramped place with overcooked food”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I am a loyal customer of Ruth's Chris in NJ and NY. I was ecstatic when I learned that there was a Ruth's Chris at the Intercontinental Hotel where I was staying at in PR. Unfortunately, the experience was below my expectations as the food, service and ambience was terrible.

We started with the seared ahi tuna, which was more "cooked" than "seared". Come on, how can you mess this up? Then, the disaster over the main course... I had ordered a medium the bone-in filet. Trust me, it was seriously overcooked as well. My family kept eating while I waited 30 minutes for my steak. Obviously I didn't eat it when it arrived since everyone had finished with their plates.

Finally, the manager came to offer free drinks which we accepted. Oh yeah, he did NOT apologize.

Veredict: I would NOT recommend this place. Food is not on par with the price I am spending on it and the place is very small. I felt like I could smell the butter sizzling in everyone's plates.

• Visited July 2014

Luquillo, Puerto Rico
“As always excellent food”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We ate here and as always food was very good. And as always it's expensive but it is a great place for special occasions. Also, their happy hour includes appetizers and drinks, so if you get there in time for it, you can really save some money and still have great food.

Visited June 2014
Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First of all DO NOT ORDER BOTTLED WATER unless you want to pay $8 and share with everyone at your table. The service was terrible... our waiter clearly did not like Caucasian Americans and was rude on multiple occasions. The food was just okay and way overpriced for the serving size.

Visited August 2014
east norriton
“The best ever!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I cannot say enough about Ruth's Chris steak house in San Juan. It is located in the hotel next to the El San Juan. I have been to others but this by far was the best I have ever had. The service was something out of a training manual for how to be a server in a 5 star restaurant. They were all amazing.
The food was superb.
I would recommend this for sure.

Visited July 2014
Jeffersonville
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Once again Ruth's Chris Steak House lives up to its reputation of suburb food, excellent service and premium price.

Visited August 2014