“Could be better”

Ceviche House
Ranked #75 of 1,006 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Could be better”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had been at Ceviche House many times... but this time i found the place "different"... Obviously, the difference is about the place. This time was very noisy and dirty.. napkins at the floor... The ceviche was great, food was good but the environment was heavy! The service could be better.. this time it was like being in a cafeteria!

Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
“Awesome ceviche but..”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Coming from out of town maybe i just don't know how to use my GPS but i could not locate the address on my GPS. I ended up looking up the intersection of Calle Jupiter and Isla Verde. Which is actually the corner of EL CHURRY!! yummy too.

If you make a right from Jupiter to Isla Verde the restaurant should be on your right side on the corner. It is a bit tricky to navigate in there and notice the valet if it is your first time.

There is open seating in the restaurant. The first thing i ordered was the CEVICHE mixto. Go figure and when i got the dish it was very good. No complaints but most if not all peruvian food i have been to in New york and even here is pretty good. Their ceviche does have a different taste to it and a bit of a kick which is nice. The ceviche is a bit limier and has a specific spice which is pretty good. I then order the Chinese fried rice. This is why i am giving it negative 1 star. When it came out it was SUPER salty. The waitress told me that the dish has soy sauce in it but i use soy sauce all the time but wow this was overkill. I ended up changing my order to the Seafood Paella which was definitely ALOT better. There were 2 girls running around service was average but the ceviche def made up for it.

The menu is rather small and simple. i Did also order the Lemonade which i thought was a bit too sour. I actually mixed it with another cup of water and it was just right.

Even with all that i still give this place 4 stars. You should def try to visit this place and enjoy the food.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank kevin l
North Bergen, New Jersey, United States
“Amazing Ceviche - Amazing Service!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Let me start by saying that I did not go to PR to taste Peruvian food, why? Since I am from the NY area there are plenty of Peruvian places, I was aiming for a more authentic Puerto Rican taste, however due to the reviews on Trip Advisor/Yelp- I was eager to try this place.

First there is Valet parking there is no charge - be sure to tip the the kids that drive your car.

Waiting time on a Friday evening was about 5 minutes, we were seated quickly - the restaurant has a pretty decent menu with a variety of pickings but really who goes to a ceviche house to eat a steak - we got the Ceviche Mixto Grande with a Side of Rice, (really wish places paired ceviche with Rice) we got the Mixed App Plater to share, the platter was amazing all the dipping sauces were delicious we were given 4 mini empanadas (2 ham / 2 cheese) - calamari - and something else but I forgot - then the Ceviche - BOOM! Packed in savory flavor, it was amazing!

Will recommend this place as the food was delicious, waitress was kind and helpful with our selection of Ceviche - the Damage for 2 Ceviche Mixto + 2 Sides of Rice + 1 App Mixto was $65.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Danny H
Bloomfield CT. USA
“Best ceviche I've found-”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Having ad every ceviche dish on the menu over the years, a friend and I decided to share the Paella with a side of mamposteao rice. All I can say is WOW!! We barely were able to finish it. My wife is allergic to fish so she always gets their skirt steak and raves about it. The location is right at the exit of the highway, easy on easy off. If you like ceviche or Peruvian food in general, this is a don't miss.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank goldrush28
“Best Ceviche”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Great location, easy access and the best ceviche!!! A bit spicy so be sure to ask for water!!! The place need tender loving care but food is amazing.

• Visited May 2014