“Mmmmm!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 980 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Central American, Puerto Rican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Mmmmm!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

This place was a little hard to find but well worth it. The decorations are very nice and the staff was super friendly and quick. We ordered some appetizers and food and both were really delicious. I was a bit sad though because they had run out of the dish I wanted but the waitress recommended something else and it was great! We also ordered a pitcher of homemade sangria that was very light but potent. If given the opportunity I would def eat here again.

Puerto Rico
“Puertorican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

This small restaurant served a delicious home style food and is not expensive. They have daily special plates. The sangria and piña colada are excellent. The atmosphere is enjoyable. We like so much eat there when visit Old

• Visited January 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Good local fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Ate here during a stopover on a cruise. Easy to get to from cruise port, 15 min walk. My friend (1/2 Puerto Rican though she was born in USA) though the food was very authentic and home style. Like her grabdma's. I had the shrimp and mofongo, it was good but shrimp was just ok. She had the daily special plate with beans/rice/plantains/pork/tamales and it was amazing, I was jealous I didn't get it! I regret being boring and not trying somehing new! Staff very friendly too. Go for the specials, and enjoy the authentic food!

Boston, MA
“Authentic Honest Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Being a Hemingway fan, I think Ernest would have been a regular here. The food is
delicious, home style and authentic. We had dinner here our first evening in San Juan and
enjoyed our meal enough to make a return visit for lunch on our last day. Do try the
sangria, It is excellent.

Dunedin, Florida
“Small, out of the way, but worth the search”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had 8 in our party, and trekked up the hills (and HoHo trolley) to find this place. Food was amazing, and quite inexpensive. The Puerto Rican Pot Roast my wife had was excellent (rice and peas side dish), strawberry rum punch, my dish (veal stew) rice and peas, soft drink was also on my top of the list. Each came with a small salad, and there was a choice of French dressing, garlic sauce, and a hot sauce, added to the dishes very nicely. (Try a little of the garlic sauce, and hot sauce on the rice and peas...Mmmmmm!) Total for both of us was less than $50, and we left quite full. The meat was the main attraction, lots of it, and tasty and tender. We will definitely go back on our next trip!

• 3 of 5 bubbles