“Really good stay!”

Le Consulat, Ascend Collection Hotel
Ranked #42 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel at a last minute situation and it was worth it. Even though I checked in at 1am the service was nice and the best part of all was the comfy bed. The room I was assigned was on the first floor and was an accesible room, but that was not a big deal for me. Hot water, comfy bed, nice smell and great staff makes this hotel a nice place to stay. I will be coming back

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ObiG26

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel was in a very convenient location! It was an easy walk to the beach as well as to the restaurants. The guest service representative who worked in the evening was a wonderful woman. When we needed blankets, she brought them up immediately. She was very pleasant. Some of the younger staff, however, had an "I don't care" attitude. The pool was clean and very charming. The taxis are conveniently standing at the end of the street. All in all, the stay was wonderful. We will go back to this hotel on our next trip to San Juan!!

Room Tip: If you need taxis, you just need to walk out of the hotel, and walk straight, to the end of that str...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheForeverTourist
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Room was clean when we got there, asked for the maids to clean the room the third night, they took the towels, didn't vacuum or strip the bed and never replaced the towels. Went to the front desk and they had no more towels. No desk in room, just a bed, tv, shower which is ok when your expecting that not when your expecting top of the choice hotels line.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nick W
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for three nights during a recent trip to San Juan. Our room was on the third floor - the majority of the time we took the stairs, but there is a small elevator. The hotel is within walking distance to several shop, restaurants, and the beach, as well as the bus stop. I would recommend taking the bus to Old San Juan ($0.75) versus a taxi which starts at $15! We actually walked to Old San Juan on our first day there - probably wouldn't recommend this unless you're wearing VERY comfortable shoes!
The staff at the hotel are very helpful, the room was clean, and the pool was very refreshing. The neighborhood felt safe for walking at night and there is a Walgreen's very close if you need anything.

Room Tip: I read that the rooms on the first floor have small patios.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank onlyangie2001
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here mid May, 2014. Not a bad place, but a good place to lay your head and relax by the pool. Quite clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The best thing going for this hotel is it's location. There are a lot of restaurants, bars and casinos near by. A few shops/stores. The pool was very relaxing. If I could give the management one bit of advice, it would be for them to put a small glass front cooler in the lobby filled with soda, water, beer, etc.... There is no refrigerator in the room and no vending machines on the property. For vacationers, refreshments are a huge necessity. Whether it be for hydration or just relaxation by the pool. If you plan to stay here, bring a cooler or purchase one. There is a Walgreen's just a short walk away. They have plenty of coolers including the Styrofoam disposable types. There is ice at the hotel but if you are getting a cooler, you might as well pick up a bag of ice. A short block away is a small corner park and just across the street from there is the bus stop. If you plan to go to old town, go to the bus stop and catch the bus for only 75 cents (must have correct change so bring plenty of quarters). I'm not a huge fan of public transportation and I didn't have any issues with their buses. There weren't many stops on the way to old town and you can catch another bus on the way back. I believe it's number 21. When you walk into the bus station (garage area), walk to the furthest station and that's where it will pick you up. The city doesn't seem to do much to encourage travelers to take the buses, I think because they want you to spend the money on a taxi. Taxis are flat rate. Both to and from the airport as well as to and from Old Town. Around $17. If you plan to use the bus system, do some research beforehand because there didn't seem to be any info at any of the stops or hotels. All in all, if I were to go to San Juan again, I would stay here again. We stayed our last night at Intercontinental, just because we wanted a day and night on the beach. Very Very nice place, but you're gonna pay a pretty penny for it as well. We were in room 314 which seemed a bit smaller than any of the other rooms we were able to peek into and the shower didn't have much for water pressure. Again, the staff at Le Consulat were great. There wasn't much they could help us with but when we asked for information, they were very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kyle T
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Very clean, modern and great location. The hotel is located in the heart of Condado, many restaurants near by, drugstores and bars. At check in was fast, very friendly. My room was at first floor, one queen bed, and a private patio with 2 chairs (Great for a smoker person ). My room was very clean, nice amenities at bathroom, and coffee maker. The hotel have a small pool and jacuzzi, it's pretty area for those that want to relax or have a cocktail. I'll be back for sure... If you don't need a casino, ocean front room, or a large upscale hotel this is a great small gem. Great staff at front desk.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Alberto M
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for three days before going on our cruise. Location is great with lots of restaurants and public transportation. Designer stores in walking distance too. It's worth the short stop.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple