“If you are a woman, don't expect good service...”
Review of E Franco & Co

E Franco & Co
Ranked #10 of 105 Restaurants in Mayaguez
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I went to eat with my best friend at lunch hour. The guy that took our order was very rude when my friend ask for the beverage they had. When the food arrived, it was in small portions, similar to a decadent wedding buffet. I haven't finish eating and the server rudely took my plate and put it under another dirty plate and took it out. he was very impertinent , rushing us with his attitude to leave the restaurant. This was not the case of the other table in where two men were gladly enjoying their meal without any rushing by the server and a smile on his face. The place was only with 4 tables occupied in the salon area. When I went to talk with the cashier about the situation, including that my friend came with another girlfriend some tiem ago and receive the same treatment. The cashier told us it was not the first time that a customer has a comment about the attitude of the servers and she was going to talk to Dona Elena about it. However, she charged me the complete meal without any type of discount for the incovenience. It is a pity that such a historic landmark goes to waste for bad service and food unsupervised.

2  Thank Atlantic_dollar

Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is a great place to grab lunch while visiting Mayaguez. Their Brazo Gitano is world famous!! Be sure to try some, and you'll likely want to take a few home to family and friends--and to have yourself :) Cream, cheese, and guava are popular flavors but if you're feeling adventurous, carrot and pineapple are also delicious.

1  Thank VBeeDDS
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Brazos Gitanos Franco.... Ah, what can you say to describe the perfect desert? If I were to have one last meal on earth, it wouldn't be complete without a piece of Franco's Guava-Queso Brazo Gitano.

It IS that ridiculously good! You can't say you visited Puerto Rico unless you've tried some of this angelic sweetness.

1  Thank ultraj1004
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I always visit to pickup traditional delicias....coffee from the mountains of PR, pasta de guayaba and pilones (a sophisticated lolipop)....and of course the famous Brazo Gitano, recognized around the island as the best! Pineapple, guava, cocunut and mango are my favorites. They also have a "cafe" section where you can get wondeful snacks - pasteles de carne, and other hot food which I have not tried. There is a room with a nice selection of spanish wines but I think overpriced. Easy to miss - behind the glass door when you first walk in.

2  Thank MayaguezanaPR
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Awesome Breakfast and Lunch, and don't forget the famous "Brazo Gitano"!!

1  Thank Maricelis M