“Baseball and Casino”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mayaguez
Raleigh, NC
“Baseball and Casino”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel was full of bus loads of teen aged baseball players from all over the Caribbean. We requested a room on the 5th floor facing the ocean months in advance, even though I have been a Platinum member for over 15 years, I received a room on third floor facing the parking lot, oh on the same floor as several baseball teams. We asked to be moved they moved us across the hall facing the sub roof of the hotel. The only nice thing we found in Mayaguez was Gonzoles Seafood. I would not go back to this hotel or for that matter the west side of Puerto Rico that is unless you feel comfortable in Detriot. This place was nasty and did not make anyone feel safe. The baseball teams were a fluke but if it weren't for that the casino needing several armed guards outside the front door was too much..

Room Tip: Stay in San Jaun. Ponce is better but San Juan is the only place I will every return to.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear toddthomasbrozell,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Please accept our apologies for for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dorado, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, near restaurants, shopping mall, movies, the zoo, University. It has great prices, nice restaurants, and the service always go the extra mile. Great place to stay if you are in a buisness trip.of even for to take a couple of days off.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Fun in the sun... I spend eight nights at the Holiday Inn, Mayaguez, PR. Mayaguez is a city on the sea in western Puerto Rico... and it is a lovely place. Part of the loveliness is the Holiday Inn, Mayaguez. As with most nice hotels in Puerto Rico, the Holiday Inn has an in-house casino. The in-house restaurant is named the Holly Cafe. I ate several meals there during the week. The food was outstanding, the selection great... but the servers were perhaps as nice and competent as any restaurant that I've ever eaten in. I'd give the restaurant a score of 10 out of 5 if I could.

As for the hotel staff, the front desk was friendly, very courteous, and professionally competent. I was impressed. A special thanks to Erick for his help through the week. Great job guys. As for the facilities. My room was spacious, the bathroom worked just a bathroom should, the air conditioning unit kept the room at the exact temperature set. The bed was very comfortable... and house keeping did an excellent job keeping the room up to snuff. There was a desk, office chair, and a recliner on which to relax while watching the big screen TV.

I would also like to point out that the ground were immaculate and the pool and pool area were a bit of paradise.

This is intended to be a great review because it is well deserved. I highly recomment the Holiday Inn Mayaguez the next time you get out to the 51st state!

Room Tip: I talked to many people from many rooms in the hotel. Everyone was please with their room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed four days with my wife starting on June 12th and our stay was Excellent. On Friday 13th the Hotel staff celebrate a party on the Fat Tuesday Bar " Celebrete Sevice week " and we enjoy with them.

I would like to said Big Thank You to the General Manager Antonio Lopez, HSK Manager Mrs. Serrano, Jose front desk agent and Carlos that is working in Fat Tuesday. Carlos made a Rose with Strawberry fruit and I give to my wife. Nice detail.

I recommend this Hotel all staff was great and Excellent service.

Carlos Diaz

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here two nights as we explored the western side of the island. This HI seems to be a bit more upscale in the common areas than its sister property in Ponce. The rooms are about the same – clean, comfortable and in good working order. This hotel does have doormen who will help with your bags. The pool area is nice. We once again had the pool to ourselves. The residents next door to the hotel have a bunch of chickens so you may see a chicken or four roaming the pool area. The lobby can get noisy at night when the casino and bar gets going but I don’t sleep in the lobby so it doesn’t bother me. Parking can be tight in the evening when folks flock to the casino. All in all it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Yeti249
Villalba, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed 1 night with my family due to a business meeting near the hotel. My family had a great day-night. Great breakfast, great lunch and great dinner. All staff was great. Great price. Great room. Great WiFi. Very clean hotel. Great garden. Great pool. I recommend this Hotel 100% A+

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great and very clean hotel very friendly staff, the prices are expensive, but parking its free, closer to every place like Boqueron and Rincon, great pool but no towels, I do recommend this hotel to everyone!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are sunny, ask front desk about a/c unit noise, some of them have more noise...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank River1109
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayaguez
Mayaguez Resort & Casino
#1 of 7 in Rincon
Aquarius Vacation Club
Aquarius Vacation Club
#1 of 5 in Boqueron

Been to Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino? Share your experiences!